Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

D

Deleted User

bowser said:
afif95 said:
cIOS Downgrader is much safer for noobs (It auto-does the thing. Does not require any manual setting. You just have to agree with what it is going to do).

Have you, or have you not read my post?:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131...t&p=1803685

Can you please PM me the link for the offline version of cIOS downgrader? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Am I supposed to use Wainkoko's or WiiGator's cIOS Downgrader?

Wait, I'm confused.

cIOS Downgrader has only one version. It's by Waninkoko.

I don't have the offline link for cIOS Downgrader

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
bowser said:
afif95 said:
cIOS Downgrader is much safer for noobs (It auto-does the thing. Does not require any manual setting. You just have to agree with what it is going to do).

Have you, or have you not read my post?:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=131...t&p=1803685

Can you please PM me the link for the offline version of cIOS downgrader? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Am I supposed to use Wainkoko's or WiiGator's cIOS Downgrader?
There is only one version and that's waninoko's. There is no offline version.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Rod said:
I borrowed a Wii with WiiKey from a friend. He doesn't have the homebrew channel, nor does he DL's WiiWare or VC games, most usually buying them. Since the Wii's not mine, I don't even think of installing anything there! D:

Now, my question: Is there a Snes and/or GBA emulator for the Wii that runs directly through the disc, w/o the need of installing a channel or such? If there is, does it save?

Thanks in advance.
Download a game and use truch signer to replace the main.dol with the boot.dol of the emulator you want. Now burn it. You can load games from sd.

EDIT: I made a guide.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I have some questions about the GC Backup Launcher, I hope someone can answer them
biggrin.gif

1- To change my old Theta saves into the new Xi saves, do I need to change their names with a hex editor? Or just changing their names in the explorer will do?

2- Is there a way to change the name of the games that are displayed in the game selection screen (in MultiGame GC Isos)? I just backed up the two Metal Gear Solid discs and burnt them in a single DVD, and both discs' names are "METAL GEAR SOLID TWIN SNAKES". There's no way to tell which is which!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
can someone link me to the GC compatibility gbatemp wiki please?

AND i've just made a multigame GC iso and before burning was wondering if it will run in the disc channel using wiigators Mios v3? or would it only work in the GC backup loader from the HBC using waninkokos Mios?

i wonder since the data on the disc is more than 1.39 that the wii wont recognise it as a GC disc but because it is less than 4.3 (or whatever wii is) that it wont recognise it as a wii game either...

EDIT: never mind about the compatibility wiki i got it
smile.gif
although i'd still like to know about the multi game iso.

cheers

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
wii_128
1- To change my old Theta saves into the new Xi saves, do I need to change their names with a hex editor? Or just changing their names in the explorer will do? You need the hex editor, check the tutorial on how to do it

2- Is there a way to change the name of the games that are displayed in the game selection screen (in MultiGame GC Isos)? I just backed up the two Metal Gear Solid discs and burnt them in a single DVD, and both discs' names are "METAL GEAR SOLID TWIN SNAKES". There's no way to tell which is which!
My multi_iso's shows different names, wich tool did you use to create the Multi_boot.iso..??

mikeyt
AND i've just made a multigame GC iso and before burning was wondering if it will run in the disc channel using wiigators Mios v3? or would it only work in the GC backup loader from the HBC using waninkokos Mios?
I have softmii so I don't know if it will be shown in the disc channel in a normal Wii, but if it doesn't then you need the launcher using any cMIOS, the latest the better (WG's cMIOS from Xi)

i wonder since the data on the disc is more than 1.39 that the wii wont recognise it as a GC disc but because it is less than 4.3 (or whatever wii is) that it wont recognise it as a wii game either...
it gets recogniced as a GC image, even if you full-fill a DL DVD...!!
wink.gif

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the info about burning at 8x with my new DVD-R disks, works PERFECTLY!! I have another question though, something I am kinda confused about. The games play perfectly on the backup launcher, but when I go back to the home screen and I see the disc channel it shows a blank disc inside(I haven't pressed the disc channel to see if the game would load) how come it doesn't show the name of the game..that is the only thing that bugs me since I sometimes leave a game in my Wii and I turn it back on at least I'd like to know what game is in there. I have a Soft Modded Wii(No mod chip as of yet) now some have told me that I need the Mod Chip installed to be able to see the game in the disc channel, but when I see youtube videos of people's soft modded Wii's they have the game load in the disc channel, and I was talking to someone yesterday who told me something about how I have to press backup launcher in the Homebrew Channel and press B to reboot hook..and I have NO clue what that means. My backup launcher is on the home screen, right next to the Homebrew Channel. Thanks

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ether2802 said:
mikeyt
I have softmii so I don't know if it will be shown in the disc channel in a normal Wii, but if it doesn't then you need the launcher using any cMIOS, the latest the better (WG's cMIOS from Xi)

it gets recogniced as a GC image, even if you full-fill a DL DVD...!!
wink.gif

ah ether, i love you more every day
smile.gif
you're the only person that answers my questions recently!

i'm also on softmii does that mean i'll have to use the loader from HBC?

i didnt know that Xi was released... (PM? hint hint
tongue.gif
)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lakerfanalways said:
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the info about burning at 8x with my new DVD-R disks, works PERFECTLY!! I have another question though, something I am kinda confused about. The games play perfectly on the backup launcher, but when I go back to the home screen and I see the disc channel it shows a blank disc inside(I haven't pressed the disc channel to see if the game would load) how come it doesn't show the name of the game..that is the only thing that bugs me since I sometimes leave a game in my Wii and I turn it back on at least I'd like to know what game is in there. I have a Soft Modded Wii(No mod chip as of yet) now some have told me that I need the Mod Chip installed to be able to see the game in the disc channel, but when I see youtube videos of people's soft modded Wii's they have the game load in the disc channel, and I was talking to someone yesterday who told me something about how I have to press backup launcher in the Homebrew Channel and press B to reboot hook..and I have NO clue what that means. My backup launcher is on the home screen, right next to the Homebrew Channel. Thanks
well in the backup launcher gamma menu (hold 1 with channels to access it) simply press B. This reboots your wii and enables disc channel backup launching
If you always want disc channel support (without having to reboot) install cIOSCorp

PePzI1995

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. If you download the homebrew channel with the twillight hack what can you play on your wii? Real wii games, home made wii games, n64 games?
2. What happends when your wii crasht when your installing homebrew with twillight hack.

Sorry for my bad english
unsure.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PePzI1995 said:
1. If you download the homebrew channel with the twillight hack what can you play on your wii? Real wii games, home made wii games, n64 games?
2. What happens if your wii crashes when you're installing homebrew with twillight hack?

Sorry for my bad english
unsure.gif
1. real games (duh), if you mean backups then yes, yes
2. depends on what you try to install

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Lakerfanalways said:
well in the backup launcher gamma menu (hold 1 with channels to access it) simply press B. This reboots your wii and enables disc channel backup launching
If you always want disc channel support (without having to reboot) install cIOSCorp

Hey Ok so let me understand this(cause I am fairly new to all of this) I am running firmware 3.4(I guess that does not make a difference) when I have the game in my Wii, I go to backup launcher..and I see that it starts to load the game..I press 1 as it's loading or do I let it load the game then I press 1..once it reboots then I will be able to play the game through the disc channel?? As far as CiOSCorp goes, is that a program on the HBC channel that I would have to install? That doesn't cause any bricking on the Wii right..Kinda paranoid about bricking so I just want to make sure I do things the right way..thanks

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Lakerfanalways said:
Hey Ok so let me understand this(cause I am fairly new to all of this) I am running firmware 3.4(I guess that does not make a difference) when I have the game in my Wii, I go to backup launcher..and I see that it starts to load the game..I press 1 as it's loading or do I let it load the game then I press 1..once it reboots then I will be able to play the game through the disc channel?? As far as CiOSCorp goes, is that a program on the HBC channel that I would have to install? That doesn't cause any bricking on the Wii right..Kinda paranoid about bricking so I just want to make sure I do things the right way..thanks

Hold 1 while the launcher loads
you should see this menu:
34.jpg

On that screen press B and it will reboot and launch backups through disc channel

About the cIOSCorp: its not really dangerous, but if you want it I would advise doing some (re)search on this site before you install it

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Lakerfanalways said:

Hold 1 while the launcher loads
you should see this menu:
34.jpg

On that screen press B and it will reboot and launch backups through disc channel

About the cIOSCorp: its not really dangerous, but if you want it I would advise doing some (re)search on this site before you install it

Oh I see..but kinda confused about something. I know when I open up my backup launcher(the program with the two disks on the front and it says backup launcher) when it starts to load it talks about forcing PAL or forcing NTSC then it just loads the game..do I press 1 while it says all that in order to see what you posted above?

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
as soon as you press A on the start button to launch the loader, press and hold one, dont let go until you see the menu
smile.gif

btw way could someone PM me if they know the whereabouts of Xi?

thanks

I press start and then I hold 1 and it doesn't work, starts launching game saying loading game, NTSC blaa blaa blaa

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh i see, are you using it through the homebrew channel?

if you are using it as an actual channel on the main menu then you dont see the text saying 'game id, region etc'

this is the one that you hold 1 for, you cant do that through the HBC.

anyways, since i joined n half way through the help that tj_cool was giving i think i'll leave it to him to help you so that you dont get confused by the crap i'm giving lol

Lakerfanalways

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mikeyt1998 said:
oh i see, are you using it through the homebrew channel?

if you are using it as an actual channel on the main menu then you dont see the text saying 'game id, region etc'

this is the one that you hold 1 for, you cant do that through the HBC.

anyways, since i joined n half way through the help that tj_cool was giving i think i'll leave it to him to help you so that you dont get confused by the crap i'm giving lol

No, I'm using it from the actual channel on the Wii itself, called Wii Backup launcher..when I press start I hold onto the 1 button and it says launch game and other stuff, like its loading and then it will say about NTSC and if it was forced, then I will see the wii mote come up telling you how to hold it, then the game starts..I'd use Backup Launcher_002fix from the HBC channel but I have no idea how to use it..is that the right one

Posts merged

QUOTE(tj_cool @ Feb 28 2009, 12:22 PM) Feel free to help
smile.gif

He's filling my PM box pretty fast... (not that I hate that)

I'm sorry..I won't do that again :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1