Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
With anytitlemanager, would the Nintendo shop server recognize that new Wii the channel's been moved to as the owner and you can redownload it as you please, or is the channel that's moved just a pirated version where you need to a WAD manager to work with.
I don't think the installed channels don't have anything on them on the wii that identifies who downloaded them. The Shop Channel account, I believe, has a list of what files were downloaded but you can delete an account and create a new one (for example, they suggest you to do so if you choose to "format" the Wii) and the server should just see it as if you had a lot of games from a previous account. You can, at least, move them to your SD card and activate them as you please but the redownloading thing, as I understand it, would not work.

Another option is what they use in Nintendo Repair shops to transfer tickets and accounts from Wii to Wii, it's the Wii Backup Disc. I don't know exactly how to get a hold of a disk image and although it would be impossible to get, with your drive I'd bet you couldn't use an original one either but you might be able to load one through a backup loader.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DO NOT delete your shop account. You will lose all rights to redownload any previously purchased titles.
Most of the other information given above is also incorrect. The *only* way to properly transfer titles from one wii to another (so they can be redownloaded) is to call nintendo, tell them your old wii broke and you want the purchases transferred to your new one. Of course they then record the old wii as "dead" and you still probably won't be able to get it repaired...

Reactions: 1 person

chin77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

So, after botching up my "Learner Wii" bad enough that: to turn it on I have to pull out the USB drive (if I dont do this the red light on the power button flashes once then turns right off, at which point I have to pull out the power cord and re-insert it to be able to do anything) push power and hold reset to get into priiloader and move on from there. (otherwise I get no image though the console turns on)

All this brickage happened over a span of months possibly because... well, I screwed around too much.

So I got a new one, virgin (to homebrew anyway), and followed the steps here: http://gbatemp.net/t...y-wii-4-3-below to the letter.

Everything looks good up to the point when I tried to run my usb backups via the latest wiiflow mod. ( http://code.google.c.../downloads/list )
The games hang at the wiiflow loading thingy. All of them do the same.

Question 1:

Should I install the d2x cIOS v8 wads as suggested here? http://www.wiiflowiki.com/Wiiflow Will this make my games work? Or should I stick to only using 56 in 249 and 57 in 250?

Curiously, I went into the Wii mod 3.0 app (not the batch one) and went under IOS option. There I noticed that all of the installed IOSes (from 3 to 254) had all these options marked "no":

Fakesign bug [No]
EsIdentify [No]
Flash Access [No]
USB2 Tree [No]
Boot2 [No]
Nand Access [No]
GetSysMenuVersion [No]

Question 2:

Is this why my USB backups are not running? (I did try older versions of Wiiflow mod and the old Wiiflow with the same result)

I also tried USBloaderGX and at the start (when it's spitting out text) I noticed it said loading IOS249.... -2. then it says loading IOS222..... ok. Trouble is I can only get few games to run using IOS222.

Question 3:

If some of these options need changing for some IOSes in order to get the games to work, which swiches on which IOSes need flippin and what's the best way to do this?

I know Pimp my Wii was one way of doing this but I have come to understand that this app is outdated and not too popular among other things.

Question(s) 4:

I have bootmii installed as IOS and Boot2. If I want the Wii to go without loading bootmii first every time, should I uninstall it from boot2? Having done so will I still be able to access it from the homebrew channel as stated in the above noob-torial? (with my old wii, trying to access it from HBC reset the Wii)

Please and thank-you-very-much appreciated.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Question 1:
Yeah, WiiFlow was one of the first ones to autoboot any cIOS from 245 to 251 depending on what your game wants. If you don't have a newer version of d2x in all of those slots it might just look for them in an empty slot and give you the black screen. The link from WiiFloWiki was an older beta version and has been removed from mediafire. For the same reason we're not supposed to post them here. (I think we're not even technically allowed to do so in a personal message) You could always try googling it.
Question 2:
Might be same answer as before on Q1. 222 is older and not as compatible as d2x although it is the only one that will let something run from a external USB DVD drive if the loader supports it.
Question 3:
I'm not sure what you mean by "options"
Question(s) 4:
Good thing, luck guy if you have a wii that can take BootMii as Boot2, better brick protection that way (as long as you have made a NAND backup.)
Anyway, there's a "bootmii.ini" file that configures what is autolaunched and stuff but since I my Wii only works with the IOS version of BootMii I don't know much about it so I suggest using this app I see there that there's at least the option of autobooting the system menu or the HBC.

chin77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the response. I'm gonna go ahead and install the CIOSes with the appropriate bases.

What I meant was these here:

Fakesign bug [No]
EsIdentify [No]
Flash Access [No]
USB2 Tree [No]
Boot2 [No]
Nand Access [No]
GetSysMenuVersion [No]

Like I said, all the IOSes from 3 to 254 have these .... attributes (what I meant to say). Is it ok that all of the IOSes say "no" for everything?

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. I'm gonna go ahead and install the CIOSes with the appropriate bases.

What I meant was these here:

Fakesign bug [No]
EsIdentify [No]
Flash Access [No]
USB2 Tree [No]
Boot2 [No]
Nand Access [No]
GetSysMenuVersion [No]

Like I said, all the IOSes from 3 to 254 have these .... attributes (what I meant to say). Is it ok that all of the IOSes say "no" for everything?
You need some to say yes; use ModMii and say yes to download active IOS's if it asks. Then follow the guide. If it doesn't, follow the guide anyways. You can find ModMii in the stickies in this forum.

MetroidMaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've got a 4.3U Wii with the Homebrew Channel installed through Smashstack. I've got Configurable USB Loader working on my Toshiba External Hard Drive, except for Call of Duty: Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3. When I try changing to the IOS needed to load the game properly, the Wii sits there with the disc bay glowing blue. I figured another solution would be to try burning the games onto a DVD and loading them. When I tried loading the Darkcorp 1.1 installer, I got a black screen for about a minute, and then the Wii resets. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is there a better solution?

wii knee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='MetroidMaster']
A Wiikey is the name of the hardmod chip. I-Fatman is asking if you can identify it (not sure why he thinks it is chipped and not soft-modded). You even said you're using an external drive and the only 'hard mod' that can access usb is WODE. There is either a language or knowledge barrier for him.

I used the magical 'search' feature on this site, try it out sometime.
While I'm not knowledgeable about Darkcorp, but an earlier post suggests that it is only working on 4.2. Other users have asked about this same issue.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/131884-noob-paradise-ask-away/page__st__9030__p__3857218#entry3857218

I-Fatman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='MetroidMaster']
A Wiikey is the name of the hardmod chip. I-Fatman is asking if you can identify it (not sure why he thinks it is chipped and not soft-modded). You even said you're using an external drive and the only 'hard mod' that can access usb is WODE. There is either a language or knowledge barrier for him.

I used the magical 'search' feature on this site, try it out sometime.
While I'm not knowledgeable about Darkcorp, but an earlier post suggests that it is only working on 4.2. Other users have asked about this same issue.

http://gbatemp.net/t...18#entry3857218

It was hard modded when I bought it and then I soft modded it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Okay, I've got a 4.3U Wii with the Homebrew Channel installed through Smashstack. I've got Configurable USB Loader working on my Toshiba External Hard Drive, except for Call of Duty: Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3. When I try changing to the IOS needed to load the game properly, the Wii sits there with the disc bay glowing blue. I figured another solution would be to try burning the games onto a DVD and loading them. When I tried loading the Darkcorp 1.1 installer, I got a black screen for about a minute, and then the Wii resets. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Or is there a better solution?
Two things to know first:
1. Did your Wii COME with 4.3u? because a Wii that new would not be compatible with Darkcorp.
2. I know both of those particular Call of Duty games need to be run off of a cIOS based on IOS57 to work.

Aigis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've recently bought a new wii, finally got uneek+di and iso loading working using modmii's abstinence wizard. Just wondering how you get GCT's to work. I've done some searching and tried putting kenobiwii in USB:\SNEEK\ and the GCT file in USB:\WBFS\\codes.gct but it doesn't work.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I've recently bought a new wii, finally got uneek+di and iso loading working using modmii's abstinence wizard. Just wondering how you get GCT's to work. I've done some searching and tried putting kenobiwii in USB:\SNEEK\ and the GCT file in USB:\WBFS\\codes.gct but it doesn't work.
U mean as cheats? Use Gecko OS homebrew and there is a specific folder structure (can't remember) to put the gct. If someone could tell him the folder structure, it would help him.

Aigis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U mean as cheats? Use Gecko OS homebrew and there is a specific folder structure (can't remember) to put the gct. If someone could tell him the folder structure, it would help him.

I tried running the Gecko OS App using postloader. Just a black screen. Nothing happens.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried running the Gecko OS App using postloader. Just a black screen. Nothing happens.
Dude run it through the HBC! No need to jump through hoops and launch it via PostLoader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging