Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Chibicon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to edit Gecko codes on the fly?

Like, any possible way to enable, disable, or change codes while the game is already running.

Like, a Cheat Engine does.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...I can always try and hope someone might help me with this:

I always get a black screen starting rock band 2.

Situation: 4.2E, PAL version wii, trying to run the game (NTSC version) on usb loader CFG v52 (FAT). I'm using hermes's cIOS 222/223 v4. I can't remember which merges anymore (something along the lines of 222 as 38 merge 37 and 223 as 38 merge 60...dunno for sure), but I can play guitar hero 5 just fine.

I've searched around and tried messing with some settings (I guess I've tried every combination of "default/force PAL50/force PAL60", "anti 002 patch on/off" and ios to use (222 or 223)...as well as those other options like VID patch, country fix and things like that), but aside from a few lines upon starting the game, the screen remains quite black-ish.

So...my questions...

1. is there any way I can check which merges of cIOS222 and 223 (and 202) I have without reinstalling them?
2. I've read about ios202 as well (linky). Considering I can use Mplayer_CE and some emulators, I guess I have this one installed (but don't ask me which merges). Could this be of importance?
3. what settings in cfg are needed to play rock band 2? (is the anti002 one needed? the country fix?)
4. anything else I may have missed?

Thanks for any replies.
smile.gif

ShatteredWiiDime

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering what IOS was required for Band Hero. I catch an error when I load it through the Main Disc Channel(Nintendo's) and my loader channel no matter what settings loads it then freezes. But Nintendo's will load stop instantly with this #002 error.

I've searched the forums, but 20 pages in with the word "hero" and I of course catch guitar hero _____ over and over.So since it's been awhile since I've been on here I figured noob paradise was the easiest way since I cant catch a single thing through the search engine.

I'm on IOS70 Sys Menu v481
I used a guide off here about 3 months back to get the new wii fit plus working and thats the last I've messed with it.SOOOO I dont remember everything I did in order since I havent kept it fresh so to speak. But I'm just hoping I can get this fixed painlessly if possible.

Tatsurou

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just went through all the steps in this thread to install 4.0U
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

My SD card isn't showing up on the Homebrew Channel (1.0.6 IOS36 v4.18) or when I select SD Card from the Wii Menu. It says "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used." I'm using a 2GB SD card that has been working fine before. Do I need an SDHC card or a different SD card? My

Thanks.

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tatsurou said:
I just went through all the steps in this thread to install 4.0U
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835

My SD card isn't showing up on the Homebrew Channel (1.0.6 IOS36 v4.18) or when I select SD Card from the Wii Menu. It says "The device inserted in the SD Card Slot cannot be used." I'm using a 2GB SD card that has been working fine before. Do I need an SDHC card or a different SD card? My

Thanks.

That's an outdated guide. Try this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

ozg82889

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i have a screen related issue. most hombrew and some games seem to be too big to fit the screen(hight wise not length wise) so i wonder if there is a way to fix it through some hack or homebrew app. at first it didn't bother me but after trying to use onscripter wii and having text be cut off i decided i might as well try to look for a way to fix it.

AMKalmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know where I might be able to learn to make my own codes. There are a few annoyances with some of my games that I hope to eventually fix.

For example, in New Super Mario Bros Wii I want to be able to use a gamecube controller. Left analog stick or d-pad for movement, L run, A jump, Y spin, B shoot [R hold], right analog tilt. I would like first player to be able to select a character, and perhaps have multiples of the same character (like 4 toads). And finally I want to remove the pause that occurs when someone gets hurt/dies/gets a power-up.

execdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here, hello all! Please forgive if this is in the wrong place. I just had my wii modded with wii flow and homebrew. Is there a way to adjust the software when I come across a game that will not load? They download to HD fine, but will not load. For example, Medal of Honor 2.

Next, is there a program for my PC so it will recognaize my HD that has the wii games on it, so I can back up my back-ups?

Finally, if there is a thread for wii flow use and noob questions, please link. Thanks!!!

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
execdec said:
Noob here, hello all! Please forgive if this is in the wrong place. I just had my wii modded with wii flow and homebrew. Is there a way to adjust the software when I come across a game that will not load? They download to HD fine, but will not load. For example, Medal of Honor 2.

Next, is there a program for my PC so it will recognaize my HD that has the wii games on it, so I can back up my back-ups?

Finally, if there is a thread for wii flow use and noob questions, please link. Thanks!!!
For MOH2 to work, you need to select ALT-dol from 'disc'. After that it will work perfectly.

execdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:

For MOH2 to work, you need to select ALT-dol from 'disc'. After that it will work perfectly.

Thanks, is that option available on wii flow when I originally download the game to HD? Again, major noob here. P.s. that the best avatar ever!

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
execdec said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:

Thanks, is that option available on wii flow when I originally download the game to HD? Again, major noob here. P.s. that the best avatar ever!
Yep ! When you 'click' the game, you can press the settings button, and select ALT-DOL from disc.

execdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:

Yep ! When you 'click' the game, you can press the settings button, and select ALT-DOL from disc.

The only thing I have close to that is: After game is downloaded, I select game, then go into settings. On page 1 of settings I have a DOL variable, which I can chanhe from main.dol to game.dol (only two options). Is that what you are refering to?

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
execdec said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:
WalkerOfTheDay said:
execdec said:

The only thing I have close to that is: After game is downloaded, I select game, then go into settings. On page 1 of settings I have a DOL variable, which I can chanhe from main.dol to game.dol (only two options). Is that what you are refering to?

Yep ! Just use game.dol !

execdec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]

Yep ! Just use game.dol !
[/quote]

Seems to work good, thanks! Have you got a similar tip for splinter cell double agent? I tried changing the same thing, it loaded a bit further but locked up again. Thanks!

fryman94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hello i'm a noob and i'm using for the first time a configurable usb loader with fat drives as default reading.

what i have is a 1gb usb drive with a fat 32 format. i have a wbfs folder with a 386 mb scrubbed iso inside. But when i boot configurable usb loader, it doesn't show the iso. so can someone tell me what i need to do to make the iso show?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL