1. CAFlynn

CAFlynn Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for that info and advice dude!

The answer was actually simpler than I thought. After I tested the second sensor bar I replaced the Wii remote as the next step. Turns out I completely forgot to replug in my original sensor bar. FAIL.

Turns out it was my Wii remote all along. And it just happened to break as I was using the Netflix disc. So I assumed the disc had updated something.

All is good now, and i really feel like an idiot. [​IMG]

2. DaXIthR

DaXIthR Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've never had success getting PAL WADs to work on my NTSC Wii. It's never been a big deal, but now I can only find a PAL version of Ogre Battle 64.

I've tried Free the Wad a dozen times. Please tell me there's another solution.

3. kitt050383

kitt050383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    use priiloader or one of the colder channel loader apps to run out of region wiiware/channels!

use google!

and also visit wiibrew.org for more info.

-kitt

4. Greensquiggly

Greensquiggly Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Apps on HBC when loaded give a black screen...

-Firmware 3.3u
    -Main issue: made a mistake attempting to install USBLoaderGX, now Apps on HBC will not load and give a black screen sometimes.
    -Deleted a few IOS files using anytitle deleter (IOS 36, 222 and 223 I believe) and system formated the wii in an attempt to start from scratch... however problem is still present.
    -Has had Homebrew work in the past successfully with no problems.

-Ok so the last time I used my way was 6+ months ago for Brawl+. Now I purchased a Hard Drive to dump my games and use them via USBLoader_gx.
    I was following the instructions, however I believe I made a mistake. Here's the step in preparing for the USB loader I think I messed up on:

Ok, time to get a trucha patched IOS! You will need this IOS to install the cIOS needed by the loader.
    a) On the main screen of Dop-IOS MOD, go down once to “Install an IOS that accepts fakesigning”. Now press A.
    b) You will go to a new menu. This is the TBR menu
    o Leave the option at IOS36 and press B (no IOS reload).
    o In the next menu, choose Downgrade IOS15.
    o It will ask where to load the IOS from, choose *-*-* (see the note at the top).

On the bolded line, I pressed A and it performed the IOS reload.
    After that point, whenever I tried loading an App, I would sometimes get a black screen instead of it loading. Sometimes an app would load, others it wouldn't...
    So I did some reading and thought maybe I should delete the IOS's I installed and just re-hack the wii and start from scratch... big mistake lol.

So I put AnyTitleDeleter on and deleted the said IOS's and did a system format of my wii. I reinstalled the HBC using Bannerbomb and I still have the same problem.
    However some apps won't load at all...

I've read a few situations similar but not exact to mine so I fear replicating their actions may further screw up my wii.
    Is there a way to fix this and reverse the retardation I've done to my Wii?
    I want to place the IOS's I deleted back on my wii and fix the Apps black screen loading issue...

Thanks in advance for your replies or assistance...

5. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Ah, I already see where you got the guide from

Anyway, you deleted an IOS, which you should NEVER do. (Luckily for you it's not the system menu IOS!)
    Try running DOP-Mii (if HBC doesn't work, try bannerbomb). Use it to install a patched IOS36 (follow the fakesign restorer steps here).

Well, I don't know if installing it will get your HBC back to work, but at least you're one step closer...

Meh, time for me to update that Readmii guide :|

6. grrmisfit

grrmisfit Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    im running 3.2u softmodded.. should i follow the guide on the sticky and upgrade to 4.2? wife just got wii fit plus and to be honest i havent used my wii for new games in months so i dont wanna risk it without asking first

7. C.S.I.

C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Up to you.
    No issues upgrading to 4.2 though.

And then you get SDHC support.

You will need to re-install the HBC and bootmii as boot2 after the upgrade. (Depending on how you upgrade)

Just read all the info BEFORE you start twiddling.

8. Greensquiggly

Greensquiggly Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah I was eventually able to load DOP-Mii however I was attempting to follow the fakesign restorer guide and IOS 36 wasn't there to select. The only options on the IOS part was 0, 1, and another one that was 8 digits long I think...
    Oh and an extra note: it turns out that IOS 249 was deleted as well on top of 36, 222, 223... I did a systems check while I was on DOP-Mii...

9. C.S.I.

C.S.I. GBAtemp Fan

Now that you have deleted IOS36, you might be stuck.

Deleting IOS36 was not a good move.

Pretty much all info states that you need to trucha patch 36, bit hard if it aint there anymore =)

Suggest if you can, that you bite the bullet and IF you can still get to the System Menu, then let it update you to 4.2, and then re-hack it.

Else, you could try and see if "Yet Another WAD Manager" or ANY other WAD Manager for that matter, will run, you could then just re-add the IOS36 WAD you lost.

xzxero's 4.2 updater has IOS36 (IOS36-64-v3351) within it. But unsure what version of IOS36 you should have on your version Wii. Can hurt to have a newer one, better than none at all.

10. MANTI5

MANTI5 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Was wondering if there was an easy to follow guide on how to get the DLC on Guitar Hero World Tour? I tried a few online and can't get it to work, wad manager always shows 0.00MB for the files and I get -1 errors.

11. DQScott95

DQScott95 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wow there are this many noobs!

12. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    ...That's incredibly obvious. This thread is designed for n00bs to ask n00b questions to get answered by experts.

13. Assassination

Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

NOOBS Lol but admit everyone was a noob one day

14. Evil-Popeye

Evil-Popeye Advanced Member
    Newcomer

New Zealand
    Shhh don't tell them that [​IMG]

15. Assassination

Assassination 暗殺者Lv25

Ok. EXPERTS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. Chibicon

Chibicon Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have a few custom channels on my Wii that I installed a long time ago but would like to get rid of.

I don't have the wads that I installed them with. Can I just remove them via the Wii Channel Menu or is that dangerous?

17. ~Assassination~

Banned

look at my banned profile ughhhh!

18. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Quick noob question; can I use a Micro SD card with adapter for making my wii magick?

19. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

United States
    Magick?

Yes you can.

20. Trebuchet

Trebuchet GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Magick like Magick [​IMG]

Other than that, can I change the language in the system settings or should I stick to english?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PARADISE,