Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what i hear, USB has faster loading times due to trimmed ISOs and not waiting for a disk to spin. I've been looking to upgrade to USB HD for that reason.

Uhm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
Well, If you can send and receive email, and read, then this should help you immensly.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Well that guide is really the first thing I came across in my search
tongue.gif
I appreciate it though, I am deciphering the wonderful guide
smile.gif

I'd really just like some re-assurance from a fellow mac user.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Uhm said:
C.S.I. said:
Well, If you can send and receive email, and read, then this should help you immensly.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

Well that guide is really the first thing I came across in my search
tongue.gif
I appreciate it though, I am deciphering the wonderful guide
smile.gif

I'd really just like some re-assurance from a fellow mac user.
It is confirmed that the guide works on macs since you basically don't do anything on your computer anyway (all files are included).
Also, I'm talking about the actual guide in the spoiler at the bottom of the post, not the CompleteSoftmodGuide
wink.gif

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Red Ire Lap said:
From what i hear, USB has faster loading times due to trimmed ISOs and not waiting for a disk to spin. I've been looking to upgrade to USB HD for that reason.

Alright, gonna try it before buying DVD-Rs

I got an USB drive 500Gb but it's already used for backups. Is some loaders are able to read converted files on a NTFS partition?

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess I'm really a noob
frown.gif

Tried to load wtfs files from the Configurable USB Loader, it tells me that 222 or 223 is needed. I update with a patch for 223. It doesn't work anymore.

Gonna try the DVD-Rs.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you installed valid CIOS's in 222/223 ?? To do that, you must delete the stubs that may already be there ??

Use V4 of Hermes 202/222/223, and v17 (or v19) of Wanikokos 249/250.

That should get USB loading happening for you.

Red Ire Lap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
john.jingle said:
Can running Smash Stack to play Brawl+ brick a wii?

Sure, if the code you run is bad, or possibly rebooting the wii while attempting to run the code. I dont know the details of what kind of alterations are made with Brawl+ but I assume anything is possible. Use caution as always.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys, looks like I didn't completed the full CIOS installation with Hermes

I got a few other questions if you're not tired of me
smile.gif

1. Games like Wii Sports & Resort don't load at all, even in 222 mode. At the loading, I lost my TV signal totally (!) and I can only reboot the console. First time I saw this, other games are fine with cIOS222. Any ideas?

2. I burned one game on a DVD-R with ImgBurn, I got the 1160 Error with Neoramma. Should I try several games or I should guess I have the D3.2 drive and stop trying?

3. I installed Priiloader since I can't install Bootmii in the Boot2 strap. Any way to be sure it's correctly configurated ? I don't see anything particular at the boot sequence.

4. I need to switch Configurable USB Loader each time (probably because I have Hermes "OS"). I tried to reinstall the Waninkokos cIOS 249 but it freeze. Any way to change cIOS easily and/or make Cfg USB Loader take 222 by default each time (guess I can edit a config file) ?

5. That being said, Cfg USB Loader can't write on my SD Card (for saving settings, game boxes and stuff). My SD card isn't locked (but it's a micro one). Any ideas?

That's enough for now
biggrin.gif

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trebuchet said:
Thanks guys, looks like I didn't completed the full CIOS installation with Hermes

I got a few other questions if you're not tired of me
smile.gif

1. Games like Wii Sports & Resort don't load at all, even in 222 mode. At the loading, I lost my TV signal totally (!) and I can only reboot the console. First time I saw this, other games are fine with cIOS222. Any ideas? Need to use the alt.dol method for many Motion Plus games.

2. I burned one game on a DVD-R with ImgBurn, I got the 1160 Error with Neoramma. Should I try several games or I should guess I have the D3.2 drive and stop trying? Unless the unit is approx 2 years old, wont read the backup disks.

3. I installed Priiloader since I can't install Bootmii in the Boot2 strap. Any way to be sure it's correctly configurated ? I don't see anything particular at the boot sequence. Press 'reset' for about 5 secs. whilst powering ON the Console.

4. I need to switch Configurable USB Loader each time (probably because I have Hermes "OS"). I tried to reinstall the Waninkokos cIOS 249 but it freeze. Any way to change cIOS easily and/or make Cfg USB Loader take 222 by default each time (guess I can edit a config file) ? Yep, or download the presetted FAT32 version of the loader.

5. That being said, Cfg USB Loader can't write on my SD Card (for saving settings, game boxes and stuff). My SD card isn't locked (but it's a micro one). Any ideas? Nope, should just work ??? Maybe try another card.

That's enough for now
biggrin.gif

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a noob question - Why is it that it's not possible to somehow convert WADs for WiiWare / VC into .WBFS files and have them load through USB loader-type application such as GX?

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot C.S.I.

I'll stop trying with backup disks, anyway, USB HDD is fine with me. But I should buy one solely for the Wii, I don't like having my backup data plugged into the Wii. Is a USB key will work? I don't mind swaping games. That being said, my HDD is NTFS, not FAT32.

I'll try a real SD card for saving settings.

Once I fix all that, I'll try to boot directly into a USB Loader, that would be nice for sure.

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help
smile.gif

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got a new wii 4.2 , hacked it and have the latest cios rev 19 and everything runs perfect (usb and ect) but wads dont show up in the sd menu . any ideas?

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Ozz456 - You have to install WAD's with a WAD Manager - you wont just 'see' them thru HBC or Wii Menu's.

@trebuchet - USB Flash Drives work too.

Better to partition your USB HDD, 1 FAT32 for the Wii, and the rest NTFS for your PC backups.
Or just buy another 1, they are pretty good value nowadays.

I use a SANDisk micro SD card, works fine. Maybe try reformatting it, just because you can.

Ozz465

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
@Ozz456 - You have to install WAD's with a WAD Manager - you wont just 'see' them thru HBC or Wii Menu's.

@trebuchet - USB Flash Drives work too.

Better to partition your USB HDD, 1 FAT32 for the Wii, and the rest NTFS for your PC backups.
Or just buy another 1, they are pretty good value nowadays.

I use a SANDisk micro SD card, works fine. Maybe try reformatting it, just because you can.
sorry forgot to add that wiiware and such wads dont show . only ones that show are ones i move from the wii to the sd.and i am talking about the sd loader menu.

Trebuchet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks CSI, gonna try tonight. It looks like the Wii don't have the right of write on the SD.

Any way to make USB loader GX load on USB drive? It only gives me the SD option...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-