Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
Fatboy12345236 said:
Hey Guys
cool.gif
!
I'm thinking of buying a Wii, and own a flashcart for my DS. I'm one of those people that doesn't like burning things to DVD EVERY SINGE TIME I wanta pirate something.
biggrin.gif
(I buy the games that are worth it) Anyway, Is there any way I could download a ISO Mounter or something I'd like my Wii (If I buy one) For me just to be able select an ISO then press A and It launches thanks.
cool.gif

Look into USB loading, for that you will need an external hard drive with at least a partition of it if not all of it formatted to a special format called WBFS which can only hold Wii games. Or an SDHC card big enough to hold a game can also be formatted to WBFS.
Just a random question (Because I can't be bothered looking up myself) xD Geneally, How big are Wii Games, and depending on the size if I wanted to put games on a SD card, How much space should I get and what's the general price of an SD card?

Thanks, Your helping me because I'm slack.
biggrin.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how much detail there is in the game. Wii sports and most of those Wii ____ titles are about 0.10 GB while some games (namely two: Brawl and metroid prime trilogy) are dual layer games that get up to about 7-8 GB.

On average a game will take up about 2.5ish to 3 GB 4.7 max (aside from those two dual layer ones).

senkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need .NET Framework 2.0 to run NUSD.

rodreyes said:
nabster92 said:
rodreyes said:
Hello. Im a definite newbie here as indicated in my post count. Im trying to soft mod my wii using offline method. Although i think i understand the procedures from beginning to end, i just can even begin because NUS downloader is not working on me. When i click the NUSdownloader v1.2.exe, it shows an error message, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." What do you think is wrong here?

Are you using a PC or mac? What OS? Where did you get the version of NUSD you are using from?

i downloaded the link from the simplistic forum. So its version 1.2

Im using a PC, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3.

Thanks for the immediate reply.

senkun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now a question of my own, sorry for crossposting but I'm just about to start a softmod on my new Wii and I want to clear all steps before I start.

My Wii is from Taiwan, NTSC-J with menu system 3.4J, brand new virgin.

I am following the simplistic mod tutorial.

If I follow that guide to the letter, will it work on my Wii?

I do know it says it will work for ALL regions and ALL Wiis, but it also does say to upgrade to either 4.1U or 4.1e, when I was also adviced to upgrade to 4.1J as mne is a NTSC-J Taiwan machine.

The other thing is regarding Pre Loader. In the given download, Preloader comes with the hacks.ini either for US or EU machines only. Nothing for JP. I searched and found that so far there are no ported hacks.ini for NTSC-J Wiis.

Will Preloader 0.29 still work then?

So, specifically in my case, what other steps or parts of that guide should I be changing to make sure that softmodding will go off without any problems on my Wii?

Thanks for any and all advice,
Cheers!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
senkun said:
Now a question of my own, sorry for crossposting but I'm just about to start a softmod on my new Wii and I want to clear all steps before I start.

My Wii is from Taiwan, NTSC-J with menu system 3.4J, brand new virgin.

I am following the simplistic mod tutorial.

If I follow that guide to the letter, will it work on my Wii?

I do know it says it will work for ALL regions and ALL Wiis, but it also does say to upgrade to either 4.1U or 4.1e, when I was also adviced to upgrade to 4.1J as mne is a NTSC-J Taiwan machine.

The other thing is regarding Pre Loader. In the given download, Preloader comes with the hacks.ini either for US or EU machines only. Nothing for JP. I searched and found that so far there are no ported hacks.ini for NTSC-J Wiis.

Will Preloader 0.29 still work then?

So, specifically in my case, what other steps or parts of that guide should I be changing to make sure that softmodding will go off without any problems on my Wii?

Thanks for any and all advice,
Cheers!

Preloader itself will still work, but the system menu hacks will not. You would need to get a 4.1J hacks.ini to enable any of the hacks like skipping the disc update and such. I don't know if there is one readily available on the interwebs somewhere, but you may be able to find one with enough searching. There is a tutorial on how to port it, but I don't know if you would be up to the hex editing, if not you may be able to at least find someone who would:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=168742

mamozkay

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi there i'm a noob in wiihack, and i would like to ask a few question. when i do my nand backup through bootmii, suddenly it freeze when it verifying my backup (it says "backup OK, verifying backup, press eject to skip) in the middle of verifying process, my system is freeze and the dot is not moving again (but it says the backup is OK, and i'm in the middle of verifying process which i can skip anytime when i press eject). When my systme is freezing, i cannot press eject to skip it, so i need to unplug my Wii.

Is this a common problem here? and can i use my nand backup in the future?

Teclo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.backloggery.com
XP
Country
I'm getting my Wii in a few hours so I'm just making sure I have everything straight before I do anything. The things that I'm most concerned with now, off the top of my head, are whether or not it's OK to play NTSC games on my PAL Wii (soft modded) and what my various anti-brick or brick remedy options are. I don't yet know if I can use BootMii with boot2 or not.

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a hell of a time trying to get my music/extra options unlocked in Brawl.

I've gotten and applied the 'unlock everything (except Subspace Emissary)' code three times, twice to a fresh save game. I get all the characters, stages, trophies, stickers, and achievements, but not the music, extra options, stage editor pieces, or masterpieces.

Does the code not contain whatever it needs to unlock them? I can't imagine I'm doing something wrong, as I AM unlocking 3/4s of the locked content.. that doesn't happen on its own.

Blady-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
a lot of questions but 1st a rundown of what i did
got a 3,2E wii

Hacked the wii with the wiibrew(twilight hack + homebrew channel) then updated the HBC
installed in this order:
neogamma R7
system firmware 4.0.wad
cIOS38_rev.14

now to the problem: i cant seem to be able to play any newer games. a good example are muramasaNTSC and onepieceunlimitedcruisePAL.

very important question: does the system firmware 4.0.wad update any ios or is it just for implementing the SD channel? I have a dire suspection that this is the main issue here and wanna confirm things. I have had this problem for a long time now and now that ive recently formatted after trying various things in the past with utter failure, i want to settle this matter. Plz help me out with this, or if youre too "1337 hax0rz" to give a damn then plz just tell me which parts are essential from the fully softmod any Wii thread.

in case you still dont give a damn plz answer this. Do these games play fully on your modded with the guide above wii?
muramasa NTSC
Trace Memory PAL
One Piece Unlimited Cruise PAL

note that i need an answer from ppl that have actually used the guide fully softmod any Wii. a simple yes/no will be ok

thanks in advance to the ppl who give a damn
smile.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blady-kun said:
got a 3,2E wii

Hacked the wii with the wiibrew(twilight hack + homebrew channel) then updated the HBC
installed in this order:
neogamma R7
system firmware 4.0.wad
cIOS38_rev.14

now to the problem: i cant seem to be able to play any newer games. a good example are muramasaNTSC and onepieceunlimitedcruisePAL.

very important question: does the system firmware 4.0.wad update any ios or is it just for implementing the SD channel? I have a dire suspection that this is the main issue here and wanna confirm things. I have had this problem for a long time now and now that ive recently formatted after trying various things in the past with utter failure, i want to settle this matter. Plz help me out with this, or if youre too "1337 hax0rz" to give a damn then plz just tell me which parts are essential from the fully softmod any Wii thread.

in case you still dont give a damn plz answer this. Do these games play fully on your modded with the guide above wii?
muramasa NTSC
Trace Memory PAL

note that i need an answer from ppl that have actually used the guide fully softmod any Wii. a simple yes/no will be ok

smile.gif

Installing the system menu wad does nothing to update your system aside from the actual system menu itself. No game really depends on what system menu you are on so updating that should not give any more compatibility with games. Games need IOS's to run, if you are missing any IOS's it will not run.

You can use dop-IOSv7 to scroll through the list of IOS's and see what version of it you have (or if you have it at all) and what version is the most recent.

If there is a more recent version of an IOS you have (or an IOS you don't have at all) you can have dop-IOS also install that IOS to your system and optionally patch the sig hash check (trucha bug) into it which isn't really useful on anything other than like IOS36 and IOS60. You do need an internet connection on your Wii in order for it to do this though. If you don't have an internet connection you can at least use it to look through your system for which IOS's you need to update and then use NUSD to download the versions of those IOS's and the install them with wad manager.

Also note that if you have preloader installed, and you install that IOS60 with dop-IOS, it will cause a system menu is corrupt message to appear and you will have to load up preloader and the hbc and reinstall preloader again through it to fix it.

Another note is 4.0 is not the latest system menu. You can still update to 4.1 as well if you want.

Generally most newer games will need IOS's like IOS38, 53 and 55. So if you are missing any of those install those ASAP.

Blady-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
nabster92 said:
Blady-kun said:
got a 3,2E wii

installed in this order:
neogamma R7
system firmware 4.0.wad
cIOS38_rev.14

muramasa NTSC
Trace Memory PAL

smile.gif

Installing the system menu wad does nothing to update your system aside from the actual system menu itself. No game really depends on what system menu you are on so updating that should not give any more compatibility with games. Games need IOS's to run, if you are missing any IOS's it will not run.

You can use dop-IOSv7 to scroll through the list of IOS's and see what version of it you have (or if you have it at all) and what version is the most recent.

If there is a more recent version of an IOS you have (or an IOS you don't have at all) you can have dop-IOS also install that IOS to your system and optionally patch the sig hash check (trucha bug) into it which isn't really useful on anything other than like IOS36 and IOS60. You do need an internet connection on your Wii in order for it to do this though. If you don't have an internet connection you can at least use it to look through your system for which IOS's you need to update and then use NUSD to download the versions of those IOS's and the install them with wad manager.

Also note that if you have preloader installed, and you install that IOS60 with dop-IOS, it will cause a system menu is corrupt message to appear and you will have to load up preloader and the hbc and reinstall preloader again through it to fix it.

Another note is 4.0 is not the latest system menu. You can still update to 4.1 as well if you want.

Generally most newer games will need IOS's like IOS38, 53 and 55. So if you are missing any of those install those ASAP.

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply, very mind-clearing answers there
biggrin.gif
4.1 yeah,good point there... will see about it, if it'll help raise the compatibility of games...
a stupid question here: which IOS are "game related" if there are any? 38,53,55 you mentioned, are those all there are or are there more? well either way ill try the app and see for myself, just dont wanna make any mistakes is all...
i have online on my wii and dont have preloader so i dont think i will have any issues of the forementioned. but really thanks a lot, you cant imagine how many dvds and brain cells ive ruined over this. Even if im not successfull i really appreciate all the info. will update if theres any progress.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Blady-kun said:
nabster92 said:
Blady-kun said:
got a 3,2E wii

installed in this order:
neogamma R7
system firmware 4.0.wad
cIOS38_rev.14

muramasa NTSC
Trace Memory PAL

smile.gif

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply, very mind-clearing answers there
biggrin.gif
4.1 yeah,good point there... will see about it, if it'll help raise the compatibility of games...
a stupid question here: which IOS are "game related" if there are any? 38,53,55 you mentioned, are those all there are or are there more? well either way ill try the app and see for myself, just dont wanna make any mistakes is all...
i have online on my wii and dont have preloader so i dont think i will have any issues of the forementioned. but really thanks a lot, you cant imagine how many dvds and brain cells ive ruined over this. Even if im not successfull i really appreciate all the info. will update if theres any progress.

Pretty much all IOS's have some game or another that uses it. The other cases are IOS's like IOS30/31, 50/51, and 60/61. IOS30 is what system menu 3.2 runs off of, 50 is for 3.4, and 60 is for 4.0/4.1 the ones after them are what the shop channel used when those system menus were the latest respectively. So now the shop channel uses IOS61 and 51 is obsolete. Similarly the most recent IOS30 and IOS50 are stub IOS's so if you have one of those stub IOS's and install a system menu that runs off of it you will be bricked. That's why anyone who was on 4.0 and downgraded to 3.2 for any dumb reason and then even dumber decided to do a disc update of any relatively recent game that has a 3.4 update on it gets unrecoverably bricked.

dop-IOS also tells you a brief description of what most IOS's are used for, but those are really brief not complete at all descriptions. So anyways you shouldn't need to bother updating those stub IOS's and when you install the most recent IOS60, if you patch the sig hash check into that as well, that will allow you to play installed vc/wiiware wads from the sd card menu as well. (normally only legit channels will work with it). And if you haven't used the trucha bug restorer before, you can also patch the sig hash check and ES_Identify patch to IOS36 as well.

If you want to know more about IOS's or any other applications frequently used today, read through the guide in my sig.

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, noob here.

I want to update my System Menu to 4.1.

So I have System Menu 3.4 E with cios38r14, HBC, Preloader and BootMii as an IOS. As BootMii is installed as an IOS, i can't choose to backup NAND. Is it safe to upgrade System Menu anyway? (Offline Installation).

Thanks.

EDIT: I see that with BootMii v3 It fixes my problem of not being able to choose any option. So how can i uninstall BootMii v2 and install v3?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gotchapt said:
Sorry, noob here.

So I have System Menu 3.4 E with cios38r14, HBC, Preloader and BootMii as an IOS. As BootMii is installed as an IOS, i can't choose to backup NAND. Is it safe to upgrade System Menu anyway? (Offline Installation).

Thanks.

EDIT: I see that with BootMii v3 It fixes my problem of not being able to choose any option. So how can i uninstall BootMii v2 and install v3?

Just run the new hackmii installer and have it install bootmii 0.3 through that. Still, being the IOS version, it won't really give you any brick protection anyways. All having a NAND backup with the IOS version will pretty much do is give you a last resort option of being able to get a hardware NAND programmer to directly flash that backup back onto your Wii if you do brick it and can't do anything else to recover.

Then when you update, just make sure you have IOS60 installed first, and then make sure the 4.1 system menu wad is the correct region and everything.

Fatboy12345236

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to bug again. But IOS Is like a custom menu right? So is there an IOS that allows the Wii to play burnt games DVD's All the things the Wii has limits on. Thanks, If there is one. Can you link it here please, TY.
laugh.gif

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
senkun said:
You need .NET Framework 2.0 to run NUSD.

rodreyes said:
nabster92 said:
rodreyes said:
Hello. Im a definite newbie here as indicated in my post count. Im trying to soft mod my wii using offline method. Although i think i understand the procedures from beginning to end, i just can even begin because NUS downloader is not working on me. When i click the NUSdownloader v1.2.exe, it shows an error message, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." What do you think is wrong here?

Are you using a PC or mac? What OS? Where did you get the version of NUSD you are using from?

i downloaded the link from the simplistic forum. So its version 1.2

Im using a PC, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3.

Thanks for the immediate reply.

forgot to say thank you to Senkun. I successfully modified my wii now
smile.gif

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
gotchapt said:
Sorry, noob here.

Thanks.

Just run the new hackmii installer and have it install bootmii 0.3 through that. Still, being the IOS version, it won't really give you any brick protection anyways. All having a NAND backup with the IOS version will pretty much do is give you a last resort option of being able to get a hardware NAND programmer to directly flash that backup back onto your Wii if you do brick it and can't do anything else to recover.

Then when you update, just make sure you have IOS60 installed first, and then make sure the 4.1 system menu wad is the correct region and everything.

Thanks for the reply.
smile.gif

Ok I already did that and now I can backup my NAND. I don't have the luck to have a Wii that allows to install BootMii as boot2, so I hope I don't mess up.

Thanks for the tips.
wink.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fatboy12345236 said:
Sorry to bug again. But IOS Is like a custom menu right? So is there an IOS that allows the Wii to play burnt games DVD's All the things the Wii has limits on. Thanks, If there is one. Can you link it here please, TY.
laugh.gif

No, IOS's are things that are already on your system that the Wii uses to do pretty much anything. Think of them kind of like drivers. There are a bunch of them on your system, and they all are used for different purposes to add features and such. On a side note, NEVER UNINSTALL AN IOS.

a cIOS is an official IOS that is patched with a revision of the dip module that is installed to an IOS slot not used by anything else (ie IOS249). Things aren't quite as simple as installing a cIOS and then being able to play backups like a normal game on your system menu though.

I suggest reading through the whole guide linked in my sig. You pretty much have to do everything listed there except for some optional things such as preloader and CIOSCORP. Read through it all and you should understand what you need to do though.

gotchapt

Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:

This IOS60 is in the 18.cios60.wad right?

In this step 10) Run cIOS36_rev10-Installer and choose WAD Installation, i have cios38rev14, do i have to run cios36?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, when your wife kicks you out BOVONO Prefabricated Tiny Home, Mobile Prefab House with...