nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kramzy said:
i updated the ios56 with the dios i used the cios installer and installed the ios56 still doesn't work

cios installer installing IOS56...what? The only thing a cIOS installer should install is a cIOS to IOS 249. Any prompt for an IOS for that is what IOS to USE to install it there.

Are you trying to run a backup of the game through the disc channel with that old modchip? That could probably be the reason instead of any missing IOS's. You would either need to update your modchips stuff or use a backup loader like NeoGamma R7.

professa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have always WUM 1.2 to check iso's for update info
but it doesn't recognise some updates such as rock band beatles
is there any other prog that will or are some updates just too customised to an individual game to show up in it

thanks

discobiscit

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I have a couple of Noob questions:

I successfully got backups working on my wii yesterday, my SD Card still has all the files on it from hacking. Is it ok to delete the files now? As it crashes when I open the SD Card on the wii, I imagine it is because of this.

I was thinking you just leave the apps folder and the wads folder, I also downloaded the internet browser to the card from the shop, so where would this be on the card?

Also. I'm using the Neogamma 7 thing to load my backups. Is there anyway I can have a shortcut channel that automatically launches the disc in the drive, or do you have to go through HBC, Neogamma etc.

Thanks in advance.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
discobiscit said:
Hello, I have a couple of Noob questions:

I successfully got backups working on my wii yesterday, my SD Card still has all the files on it from hacking. Is it ok to delete the files now? As it crashes when I open the SD Card on the wii, I imagine it is because of this.

I was thinking you just leave the apps folder and the wads folder, I also downloaded the internet browser to the card from the shop, so where would this be on the card?

Also. I'm using the Neogamma 7 thing to load my backups. Is there anyway I can have a shortcut channel that automatically launches the disc in the drive, or do you have to go through HBC, Neogamma etc.

Thanks in advance.

The sd card menu freezing is due to bannerbomb. Bannerbomb should be the content.bin file in this file directory: SD:\private\wii\title\aktn\content.bin

Delete that aktn folder. (If there's no other folders there you can just delete the whole private folder, but you don't have to.)

Once you install a wad, you don't need it on your SD card anymore, but should keep it on your pc or something at least because you will need them to uninstall whatever you installed if you need to. (unless they are IOS/system menu wad files or something, in which case you should NEVER uninstall.) I mean to save the wad's that you have of any vc/wiiware/channels you installed.

By downloading the internet channel to the card from the shop, do you mean you downloaded the new internet channel from the wii shop channel and had it download to your SD card instead of your system menu? If so, that would also be in your private folder along with bannerbomb so as I said above you would only delete that aktn folder and not everything.

In order to have an HBC app installed as a channel on your system menu, you need to install a wad of that application with wad manager. You should be able to find a wad of NeoGamma in the backup loader forum somewhere. I believe there's a good NeoGamma R6 autoboot channel wad that you can use and I think there's an R7 version of it later in the thread.

You can also install a dol forwarder channel, which would install a channel that will look in a specific folder for a .dol file on your sd card and load that. By installing that, you can replace the .dol file with a newer one in the event of an updated version of it or something instead of having to uninstall the channel and install a new wad of the new version.

NeoGodSpeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for about 3-4 months

I just tried to load Mad Dog McCree & it will almost get to the START screen but comes up with this:

The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for Details.

The PAL version works fine but in Black & White.

I have a 4.1 System Menu.

Is there a auto IOS online patacher that will Patch all the needed IOS automaticlly?

or do I have to do this manual?

what IOS are needed to be patached for Games now ?

Thanks for any help

Neo

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NeoGodSpeed said:
Been out of the scene for about 3-4 months

I just tried to load Mad Dog McCree & it will almost get to the START screen but comes up with this:

The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for Details.

The PAL version works fine but in Black & White.

I have a 4.1 System Menu.

Is there a auto IOS online patacher that will Patch all the needed IOS automaticlly?

or do I have to do this manual?

what IOS are needed to be patached for Games now ?

Thanks for any help

Neo

Are you using a mod chip or a loader? Generally using a good loader is enough.

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here is a great question that will make me sound like a jack a**

What is the techinal name for a program that plays copys of the wii games I burned (My legal back ups)

Whats the best one? And where do I DL it?

Thanks for your time...hey, we all had to start somewhere....

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JuggaletteENJ said:

What is the techinal name for a program that plays copys of the wii games I burned (My legal back ups)

There's more than just having to use an application that you have to do to your Wii to play backups. Read through the guide in my sig.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JuggaletteENJ said:

A backup launcher
The best disc-loading backup launcher is Neogamma
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=158884

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, My wii is moded and has ULoader where I put all my games on a 1TB Hard drive, but I wanted to have the program on there just in case.

TJ, I think you helped me before. I might have to mail you a gift basket full of controllers, Guitar hero guitars, and the joystick for the wii

LOL
gbasp.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JuggaletteENJ said:
Thanks, My wii is moded and has ULoader where I put all my games on a 1TB Hard drive, but I wanted to have the program on there just in case.

TJ, I think you helped me before. I might have to mail you a gift basket full of controllers, Guitar hero guitars, and the joystick for the wii

LOL
gbasp.gif
Neogamma can load from SD/USB and Disc
smile.gif

But the gui isn't too nice

Someone else wanted to mail me a basket of fruit once
laugh.gif

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. Im a definite newbie here as indicated in my post count. Im trying to soft mod my wii using offline method. Although i think i understand the procedures from beginning to end, i just can even begin because NUS downloader is not working on me. When i click the NUSdownloader v1.2.exe, it shows an error message, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." What do you think is wrong here?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rodreyes said:
Hello. Im a definite newbie here as indicated in my post count. Im trying to soft mod my wii using offline method. Although i think i understand the procedures from beginning to end, i just can even begin because NUS downloader is not working on me. When i click the NUSdownloader v1.2.exe, it shows an error message, "The application failed to initialize properly (0x0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." What do you think is wrong here?

Are you using a PC or mac? What OS? Where did you get the version of NUSD you are using from?

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
rodreyes said:

Are you using a PC or mac? What OS? Where did you get the version of NUSD you are using from?

i downloaded the link from the simplistic forum. So its version 1.2

Im using a PC, Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3.

Thanks for the immediate reply.

Sub Zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to sync up my Wiimote to my pc. I got a cheap bluetooth device, and I can open some basic settings that look like they're just part of the normal windows OS. I got 'Nintendo RVL-CNT-01' to show up in the Add Device Wizard while pressing the red button on the back, but the Wiimote doesnt stay active.

My goal is to be able to use the classic controller on Street Fighter 4.

alados

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello, I just installed Cioscorp 3.3, and it works wonders, except that now I am not able to play Original Gamecube games, as it gives out a error message after inserting the GCN disc. I've read the Cioscorp topic, and tried the solutions given there (installing the cMIOS it has or Waninkoko's one) , but it didn't help. Any idea of what should I do?

I have system menu 4.1, fully working preloader, homebrew channel and backup loaders.

Thanks in advance

Jhonyb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have Neogamma R7, IOS249 (rev 14)

And when i try to launch Guitar hero 5 PAL (PAL CONSOLE) i get a #001 error

what should i do ?

Fatboy12345236

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys
cool.gif
!
I'm thinking of buying a Wii, and own a flashcart for my DS. I'm one of those people that doesn't like burning things to DVD EVERY SINGE TIME I wanta pirate something.
biggrin.gif
(I buy the games that are worth it) Anyway, Is there any way I could download a ISO Mounter or something I'd like my Wii (If I buy one) For me just to be able select an ISO then press A and It launches thanks.
cool.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fatboy12345236 said:
Hey Guys
cool.gif
!
I'm thinking of buying a Wii, and own a flashcart for my DS. I'm one of those people that doesn't like burning things to DVD EVERY SINGE TIME I wanta pirate something.
biggrin.gif
(I buy the games that are worth it) Anyway, Is there any way I could download a ISO Mounter or something I'd like my Wii (If I buy one) For me just to be able select an ISO then press A and It launches thanks.
cool.gif

Look into USB loading, for that you will need an external hard drive with at least a partition of it if not all of it formatted to a special format called WBFS which can only hold Wii games. Or an SDHC card big enough to hold a game can also be formatted to WBFS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/40XQ8L9wsCA?si=GzpPBaHQQLU0plt_ Neat