Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Luxocell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hello everyone, I apologize in advance for my english mistakes.

I recently installed this fork of FreeShop (latest version) on a friend 3ds that previously had TheCruel's version.
It seemed to work at first, but now everytime I run it, it crashes after checking for updates. Not only that, but it seems I'm unable to delete freeshop (wth FBI or System settings) or any other tittle whatsoever

I read on the OP that I should keep re-launching Freeshop until it fixed itself, however I've been relaunching for a long while now, and nothing has happened. Has this happened to anyone else before? What should I do? In the meantime I'll keep relaunching

If more info is needed please tell me and please tell me how to get it, as I don't remember much of 3ds homebrew.
Thank you so much in advance

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the issues some users are having isn't a problem with DSP; my custom music doesn't work either. Maybe something broke in one of the versions?
Yeah. I am having the same issue, even though I have my DSP located in "sd:\3ds" and the file name is dspfirm.cdc Obviously dumped it using DSPDumper.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah, I just picked up a New 2DS XL, boot9strapped it, dumped the DSP and entered the eshop and then installed freeshop (4.1.2) but I am not getting music either. I can hear the startup jingle just fine and in the freeshop settings it says "Audio Service: Enabled", too - but no music. Also, the 3ds crashes with a memory dump if I try to exit via "start".

This is weird

Dionicio3

goat
OP
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I just picked up a New 2DS XL, boot9strapped it, dumped the DSP and entered the eshop and then installed freeshop (4.1.2) but I am not getting music either. I can hear the startup jingle just fine and in the freeshop settings it says "Audio Service: Enabled", too - but no music. Also, the 3ds crashes with a memory dump if I try to exit via "start".

This is weird
The start bug is well known, just don't use the start button

stuckinoh08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me why Freeshop doesn't automatically populate new title keys as soon as they're updated on the title key website? From what I understand, the dev has to update a cache on the server side, but if that's the case, what is the purpose of downloading the encTitleKeys.bin? Furthermore, how does a program like CIAngel bypass this apparent issue?

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any recent developments in being able to access the japanese eshop on a US 3ds yet? freeshop doesnt download all of the puyo chronicles DLC (and also creates like 50 blank music selection slots that shouldnt be there) so I kind of just just want to buy them legitimately from the japanese eshop but I dont have a japanese 3ds : P

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Has there been any recent developments in being able to access the japanese eshop on a US 3ds yet? freeshop doesnt download all of the puyo chronicles DLC (and also creates like 50 blank music selection slots that shouldnt be there) so I kind of just just want to buy them legitimately from the japanese eshop but I dont have a japanese 3ds : P
AFAIK no, you are not able to access the jap store on a US one if you have already accessed the eshop.

DEMONDICE

K-K-Kureiji
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this update, Freeshop is unusable for me. It no longer can find my titlekeys. Scanning the QR code instantly crashes my entire system and adding in the url, it tells me that it's invalid.

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me why Freeshop doesn't automatically populate new title keys as soon as they're updated on the title key website? From what I understand, the dev has to update a cache on the server side, but if that's the case, what is the purpose of downloading the encTitleKeys.bin? Furthermore, how does a program like CIAngel bypass this apparent issue?
As you said, the cache needs to be updated, which happens every wednesday A 3ds app needs the enc title key to be installed at all. The cache has the info to tell you what game you're looking at, the description, the icon, language, region, category, etc. ciangel doesn't care about that.

In a nutshell, it's to make it easier to use.

After this update, Freeshop is unusable for me. It no longer can find my titlekeys. Scanning the QR code instantly crashes my entire system and adding in the url, it tells me that it's invalid.
move everything in 3ds/data/freshop to 3ds/freeshop

Last edited by trainboy2019,

trainboy2019

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone who isn't 13 years old develop Freeshop please?

Edit: Okay just saw someone else took over. Hope it's not another script kiddie.
First, that just sounds rude.
It's called COMMUNITY freeShop. That means anyone can make changes and have them reviewed and committed to the code.
I don't think they're script kiddies.
Arc added themes, notification LEDs, different keyboards, sleep mode downloads and searching by title ID.
Paul changed the cache to the auto updating one that evi made, added a dark theme, and made a fix for the github tls revoke.
Evi made the auto updating cache, but keep in mind he's the newest dev.

Borjitasstoi

Trophies
XP
Country
On topic -> hello guys i dont find any problem in my freeshop
off topic -> its sad how some people make worst jokes related of script and compare of script kiddies understand that because studing that things and its the most childish jokes you can make no really that things are annoying anyone understand with 5 years lenguages of programers except you are prodigy but the reality is dont critize work of freeshop

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On topic -> hello guys i dont find any problem in my freeshop
off topic -> its sad how some people make worst jokes related of script and compare of script kiddies understand that because studing that things and its the most childish jokes you can make no really that things are annoying anyone understand with 5 years lenguages of programers except you are prodigy but the reality is dont critize work of freeshop
Agreed. It may risk the current devs of Freeshop NOT want to work on it anymore because of idiots and their cancerous comments... -_-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired