Hacking 11.8 update FAQ & how to fix "Failed to apply 1 FIRM patch" and NTR CFW

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they say that using fbi to install CIA's was relatively safe, what if i get the CIAs on my pc using one of those apps that use CDN, and then use the FBI Remote install feature and scan a qr code, is it also safe?

Last edited by Freqman,

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
they say that using fbi to install CIA's was relatively safe, what if i get the CIAs on my pc using one of those apps that use CDN, and then use the FBI Remote install feature and scan a qr code, is it also safe?
If you mean downloading the CIA to the PC first and then installing that to the 3DS, it's safe. If you're referring to Shameless, I believe that's not safe.

Freqman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you mean downloading the CIA to the PC first and then installing that to the 3DS, it's safe. If you're referring to Shameless, I believe that's not safe.

yeah i download them to my pc but the FBI program, if you scroll down, it has a remote install feature, it lets you scan QR codes instead of having to open up your 3ds, remove the SD card, put files on it and then put the card back in etc...

I have the cia files on my pc i just use a http server to host the cia files and a qr code generator, scan the code with FBI and voila

Last edited by Freqman,
Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

Frank1905

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello again, is it possible to get banned just for installing luma3ds? I'd like to use it to be able to run homebrews and still play online with my paid carttridge games. No cias, no pirated games. Thank you :)

I would install luma3ds using seedminer method on fw 11.8.0

Last edited by Frank1905,

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello again, is it possible to get banned just for installing luma3ds? I'd like to use it to be able to run homebrews and still play online with my paid carttridge games. No cias, no pirated games. Thank you :)

I would install luma3ds using seedminer method on fw 11.8.0
As long as you don't use freeShop or do anything particularly stupid involving online play you'll be fine

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry I do not always follow the news so what are the methods of getting banned stupidly?

and also there is lontemp on pokébank I already put pokémon hack hack AZ and volcano when he was not available and I do not know if I removed them. Can I be banished?

How Nintendo could ban players to try to play with useless pokemon. Because they put a detector to block the pokémon non legit, but example someone unknowingly get a pokémon hack exchange and he tries to play online. He would be banished without knowing why. and street pass exchanges can not block pokemon hack because they can not connect to the nintendo server to know if they are legit and because of events like pokémon with attack normally impossible to learn there can be in the game a system that verifies pokemon legit so how can nintendo banish people. because otherwise there would be ban for people who would not even be why.

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry I do not always follow the news so what are the methods of getting banned stupidly?

and also there is lontemp on pokébank I already put pokémon hack hack AZ and volcano when he was not available and I do not know if I removed them. Can I be banished?

How Nintendo could ban players to try to play with useless pokemon. Because they put a detector to block the pokémon non legit, but example someone unknowingly get a pokémon hack exchange and he tries to play online. He would be banished without knowing why. and street pass exchanges can not block pokemon hack because they can not connect to the nintendo server to know if they are legit and because of events like pokémon with attack normally impossible to learn there can be in the game a system that verifies pokemon legit so how can nintendo banish people. because otherwise there would be ban for people who would not even be why.

Going online with hacked Pokémon is one way to get banned, especially with Pokémons that have unusual stats or are unavailable (I don't play pokemon so I don't really know how events work). Another way is playing a game on online multiplayer before it even gets released in stores or on the eShop (yes, there were people who actually did it, and surprise, they pretty much all got banned). As a general rule, doing anything online that couldn't be accomplished on an unmodded console should be avoided

pluis3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Going online with hacked Pokémon is one way to get banned, especially with Pokémons that have unusual stats or are unavailable (I don't play pokemon so I don't really know how events work). Another way is playing a game on online multiplayer before it even gets released in stores or on the eShop (yes, there were people who actually did it, and surprise, they pretty much all got banned). As a general rule, doing anything online that couldn't be accomplished on an unmodded console should be avoided

for pokemon vent they can have attacks normally impossible to learn, so street pass trading can not block them.

and im using only homebrew launcher on my new 3ds XL

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys. My N3DS is currently on 11.7 and also has Luma/B9S installed, been thinking about updating to 11.8. I have some questions before I proceed:

- Does BootNTR and NTR cheats work on 11.8?

- Main reason I am holding off on 11.8 is because someone said in another thread on here that he/she lost FBI after installing 11.8. Should I be worried about losing FBI? Is there anything I can do to make sure it won't be removed?

- How do I update games that are from Freeshop, now that said shop no longer works?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hi guys. My N3DS is currently on 11.7 and also has Luma/B9S installed, been thinking about updating to 11.8. I have some questions before I proceed:

- Does BootNTR and NTR cheats work on 11.8?

- Main reason I am holding off on 11.8 is because someone said in another thread on here that he/she lost FBI after installing 11.8. Should I be worried about losing FBI? Is there anything I can do to make sure it won't be removed?

- How do I update games that are from Freeshop, now that said shop no longer works?

Thoughts and help on all of this greatly appreciated :)

1-NTRBoot can only be patched with a hardware revision. Cheats work.

2-They lost their Health & Safety FBI, which is now unnecessary thanks to Rosalina HBL.

3-Use eShop or look up the update .cia online.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1-NTRBoot can only be patched with a hardware revision. Cheats work.

2-They lost their Health & Safety FBI, which is now unnecessary thanks to Rosalina HBL.

3-Use eShop or look up the update .cia online.

If I remember right, I installed FBI originally through H&S. I have 2 FBIs now, but not sure which is installed through H&S. What should I do? Is there a way to check? I never used Rosalina before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lAkdaOpeKA

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I remember right, I installed FBI originally through H&S. I have 2 FBIs now, but not sure which is installed through H&S. What should I do? Is there a way to check? I never used Rosalina before...

Go into FBI (one of the two), go into Titles, wait a few seconds, scroll down and highlight the RED FBI line, press A, select "Delete title and ticket", then perform a system update. This will remove the injected one and restore H&S

Reactions: NFates

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic

Go to FBI > Titles > Look for FBI written in red letters. Delete the title. This will delete H&S as a whole, but the program will be downloaded again when you update.

If you have FBI as a .cia, you're good to go. You could also use it as a .3dsx on Rosalina homebrew launcher.

An explanation is on Section III here.

EDIT: Half of the message got ninja'd by zacchi4k.

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@