NULL

[No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Dionicio3, Sep 4, 2017.

1. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    You're taxing the 3DS memory resources. Download less games per a single run session (under 20), exit out of freeShop, and download some more again. People will snicker at you for having hording issues, but if that's what you want to do with all the games available, shoot go for it.

I've crashed freeShop before doing exactly what you did when I was mass collecting Virtual Consoles. You should probably not stress freeShop downloading and deleting games at the same time. Only do one action at any given moment. Remember, doing both is telling the 3DS to read AND write data to the SD card at the same time. This is hard on the card and 3DS sd reader with its limited ~1.90 MB/s ?? transfer rate.

2. Leafgreen26

Leafgreen26 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 17, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the advice. Funnily enough, I was also just mass hording Virtual Console Games.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  3. Loolladin

Loolladin Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2018
    Belgium
    Thx m8 :-)

4. Wizardkoer

Wizardkoer Wii Veteran - 17

Jul 14, 2015
    Australia
    I changed my US Old 3DS to EU, and updated to latest 11.6 E. When I try sleep mode downloads on Freeshop it doesn't work and says something along the lines of the system being needed to be updated to the latest version. Switching back to 11.6 U rids of the error and works fine. I should also mention eShop doesn't work after the region change. Any fix on this? I need the this 3DS to be on E region as I use Download Play to play with friends.

5. Redferne

Redferne GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 28, 2015
    United Kingdom
    The eshop won't work after a region change, it's a known limitation. That's the reason why the sleep mode doesn't work, because it uses the eshop sleep feature of your console region which don't work because of your region change.
    The normal download should work though.

6. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Is Alliance Alive now on the freeshop for any of you guys? Just checking if my freeshop is properly updating games or not.

7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    R157 title list update includes the USA region version, yes.

8. Mysuke

Mysuke Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 9, 2017
    Brazil
    edit: nvm i think i fixed it

Last edited by Mysuke, Apr 12, 2018
  9. mario-lucis-caelum

mario-lucis-caelum GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2016
    Yeah just got that today thanks

10. Merlisdo

Merlisdo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    Germany
    Hey,

Freeshop works fine with my 32gb SD card. Today i bought a 64gb card format it to fat32 64kb cluster size and copy the content from 32gb to 64gb. Everything works just fine, i can play my installed games and so on...

But freeshop crash every time if i try to install or update a game with the same Error message ive quoted.

Exception Type: data abort, Fault status: Translation - Section

I tried to reinstall freeshop but nothing changed, same crash.

Anybody knows how to fix it ?

Sd Card is Samsung Ultra 64GB.

THX

11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Do not use 64 KB cluster size for cards smaller than 128 GB. You have a high probability running into incompatibles.

For cards that are at minimum with capacity of 128 GB, use 64 KB cluster only if 32 KB is too slow AND if AGB_FIRM (GBA Virtual Console) and nds-bootstrap (TWLoader) are graphical glitch-free.

Edit - Apologies if that comes across rude @Merlisdo. That's not my intention. I'm trying to prevent future users from repeating the same mistaken if they read this.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Apr 12, 2018
  12. Bondgirl85

Bondgirl85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    United States
    I am trying to download the title key from this website removed using the QR code and it just crashes the app and kicks me out and it still won't recognize the title key.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong because I am following the instructions.

I even tried this video and it worked for the man in it but not for me.

Removed

Last edited by Bondgirl85, Apr 17, 2018
  13. ClassyDragon

ClassyDragon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2017
    United States
    ケンタッキー

If the QR fails, you could always try manually entering the website URL. If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the app, so you could try reinstalling it.

Last edited by ClassyDragon, Apr 17, 2018
  14. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    @Bondgirl85 and @ClassyDragon,

you guys need to edit out links to piracy sites due to TOS or else the mods will delete your post/ban you.

It's like Voldemort in Harry Potter, or who he must not be named.

ClassyDragon likes this.
  15. ClassyDragon

Jan 30, 2017
    United States
    ケンタッキー
    Ahh thanks, I forgot about that

16. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    :!: I'm not sure if that YouTube video falls under the rule, or if there's a certain degrees of separation.

ClassyDragon likes this.
  17. ClassyDragon

Jan 30, 2017
    United States
    ケンタッキー
    I'll remove it just in case lol thanks again

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's why it's better to avoid video guides if you can. My guess is that the picture you took of the QR code was bad, but I'm not too sure

18. Bondgirl85

Bondgirl85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2018
    United States

It worked. I just used the QR code on this page and tried it again and it worked. Maybe I had downloaded the outdated version. This stuff is tricky because of all these updates and the older versions stay online and so do the tutorials.

19. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Hey, can you edit out the link and youtube video from your post? The moderators are very keen about this touchy subject. This website forum doesn't condone hosting certain copyright materials. I'm trying to look out for you. Everyone trips up their first time in this, so it's an easy mistake to make.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

@Bondgirl85 , here's where you post editing.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, Apr 17, 2018
  20. legendheaven

legendheaven GBAtemp Regular

Oct 31, 2015
    Turkey
    I have no title error. How i can fix this? I tried lots of things for example, adding new title key and restart same screen :(