Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What I mean is sometimes nintendont locks up my wiiu and the only way to fix it us to pull power cord out... I can't do anything when it locks up...?
you mean it freezes randomly in game? well if nintendont crashes your wiiu then nope you pull the plug, but if a game is randomly freezing your wiiu it has to do with the forced settings most notavely forced widescreen and forced width do make alot of games randomly freeze from time to time.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I could load homebrews on my gc using one of these?
yep, right now I use my gc as a main console for snes emulation simply because I can connect it to my old crt using a rgb cable and for snes I get a insanely good picture using a close to native resolution of 640x224 in retroarch ;)

Reactions: niuus and VinsCool

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be nice if the Home button required you to hold it down for a few seconds, much like the Power button.

I'll look into that along with some other changes. (improved GPT, diagnostics, etc.)

Also, does anyone here have a Hyperkin ProCube or other third-party Wii U Pro controller? I'm fairly positive I know why the third-party Wii U Pro controllers aren't working, but I need to know the Bluetooth device names in order to get them working. (If you try connecting a controller to a computer, you'll see a name like "Nintendo RVL-CNT-01-UC" - that name is needed in order to add proper support.)

Hello, I have a procube Controller, I know you mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I only just got the controller. I assumed it would work with Nintendont since it functions like a Wii U Pro controller, but I see that this is not the case, I don't think the Procube controller syncs with the Wii or vWii properly, though I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. If it is possible to add Procube controller compatability, I would love to help you out however I can. I don't have the ability to connect to bluetooth devices on my computer though, so I'm unable to search for its name that way. I thought maybe my phone could do it, but when I try to sync, nothing pops up, not sure what else I can do, but if you have any ideas, please let me know.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yep, right now I use my gc as a main console for snes emulation simply because I can connect it to my old crt using a rgb cable and for snes I get a insanely good picture using a close to native resolution of 640x224 in retroarch ;)
just as a funny followup, today I finished megaman 2 for the first time using retroarchs nestopia port on gc, before I always just died a lot and got frustrated but I guess having no input lag on a real crt and a perfectly calibrated analog to digital setting makes quite the difference even if you suck at games heh.

Reactions: niuus and VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
just as a funny followup, today I finished megaman 2 for the first time using retroarchs nestopia port on gc, before I always just died a lot and got frustrated but I guess having no input lag on a real crt and a perfectly calibrated analog to digital setting makes quite the difference even if you suck at games heh.
CRT with retrogaming is the best bet :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello, I have a procube Controller, I know you mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I only just got the controller. I assumed it would work with Nintendont since it functions like a Wii U Pro controller, but I see that this is not the case, I don't think the Procube controller syncs with the Wii or vWii properly, though I'm not sure if that is the issue or not. If it is possible to add Procube controller compatability, I would love to help you out however I can. I don't have the ability to connect to bluetooth devices on my computer though, so I'm unable to search for its name that way. I thought maybe my phone could do it, but when I try to sync, nothing pops up, not sure what else I can do, but if you have any ideas, please let me know.
as it was said countless times most 3rd party/fake controllers dont work on homebrew apps its a general thing, those controllers use very badly made hacks to pass as their selected controller being it a CC or a pro controller so no there isnt much we can do to help since you cant even catch the signal like you said, those controllers use code that is just to hack in enough to use on the games.

you should never get a 3rd party/fake controller if you want them for homebrew, i sugest getting a used offcial wiiu pro controller, you wont be disapointed its a great controller with huge batery life or even the wiiu gc adapter and a gc controller cant beat that.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
CRT with retrogaming is the best bet :)
for sure yea, in comparison to lcd it all looked so good and sharp, I find it pretty funny that I actually did it on a gamecube and not a wii or something :P But yea its hard to top my gamecube rgb cable quality I guess. also just finished mm2 again in a little over an hour to test out if nestopias remove sprite limit patch is any good and man I did not like it at all lol, felt like it made it even worse because now there was some synchronized flashing going on with too many things on the screen hehe.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as it was said countless times most 3rd party/fake controllers dont work on homebrew apps its a general thing, those controllers use very badly made hacks to pass as their selected controller being it a CC or a pro controller so no there isnt much we can do to help since you cant even catch the signal like you said, those controllers use code that is just to hack in enough to use on the games.

you should never get a 3rd party/fake controller if you want them for homebrew, i sugest getting a used offcial wiiu pro controller, you wont be disapointed its a great controller with huge batery life or even the wiiu gc adapter and a gc controller cant beat that.

Whoa, settle down, I have 3 official Wii U pro controllers. I wanted one ProCube controller regardless of it could be used for Nintendont or not. It is currently my favorite controller to play Smash and MK8 with. I don't regret that purchase at all and I'm not some idiot that doesn't recognize the value in the official controllers. Next time consider that there may be more to an issue than the one side you want to see and reconsider being so needlessly condescending.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should never get a 3rd party/fake controller if you want them for homebrew, i suggest getting a used official wiiu pro controller, you wont be disappointed it's a great controller with huge batery life or even the Wii U GameCube adapter and a gc controller cant beat that.
As a side note the official Wii U Pro Controller uses the same battery as the original small 3DS handheld.

Reactions: niuus

Nemanja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello, I have a problem with GC controller, it is not original, but a good replica. It works with VC and WiiWare titles without a problem, but Nintendont doesnt recognise it. Do I need to do some manual setup, did anyone had similar problem?
Thanks in advance.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Funnily I did a similar thing about a month ago, I replayed Megaman 2 and for the first time I beat it in one sitting via Megaman Anniversary Collection with Nintendont, usually I either use save states or password system and often I cheat by using a password generator to fill my H-tank and M-tank inventories but not this time, the game got a bit frustrating around Wiley's Castle after playing for over an hour but I did manage to beat the whole thing in one sitting and the satisfaction is above the roof!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whoa, settle down, I have 3 official Wii U pro controllers. I wanted one ProCube controller regardless of it could be used for Nintendont or not. It is currently my favorite controller to play Smash and MK8 with. I don't regret that purchase at all and I'm not some idiot that doesn't recognize the value in the official controllers. Next time consider that there may be more to an issue than the one side you want to see and reconsider being so needlessly condescending.
*clap* somebody had to say it, well done :)

As a side note the official Wii U Pro Controller uses the same battery as the original small 3DS handheld.
But the original 3DS had a short battery life compared to the New 3DS XL, dies as fast as a regular Wii U gamepad!

I still think the PS3 controller has the best battery life of all wireless controllers I ever tested, haven't tested PS4 controllers so I can't comment on them but I will say the PSP battery life sucks especially the old fat ones !

Last edited by sonictopfan,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a problem with GC controller, it is not original, but a good replica. It works with VC and WiiWare titles without a problem, but Nintendont doesnt recognise it. Do I need to do some manual setup, did anyone had similar problem?
Thanks in advance.
Most 3rd part/fake controllers don't work with Nintendont. Best bet is to only use official controllers made by Nintnendo or ones confirmed to work.

But the original 3DS had a short battery life compared to the New 3DS XL, dies as fast as a regular Wii U gamepad!

I still think the PS3 controller has the best battery life of all wireless controllers I ever tested, haven't tested PS4 controllers so I can't comment on them but I will say the PSP battery life sucks especially the old fat ones !
I wasn't talking about battery life. I was merely letting people know that the official Wii U Pro controller and the original small 3DS use the same battery in case they need to replace either one.

For the Wii U Gamepad I bought the one that uses the whole battery compartment.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks in advance.
using wii gc ports or wiiu gc adapter?

My whole point wasnt about the value of the controller but to say fake/3rd party controllers often fail in all wii homebrew.

I got fake wiimote who doesnt work on any homebrew but works on every wii game i tryed.
I got a fake wiiu pro which works on all wiiu games but not on nintendont.
I got a third party GC controller who works on the gc and on the wii games that support Gc controller trough the wii Gc ports, but doesnt work on wiiu trough the wiiu gc adapter.

So my point was dont expect them to work becuase its normal they wont i was insulting anyone becuase they have 3rd party/fake controllers i ahve them too but for homebrew its very very rare finding a 3rd party/fake controller that works.

Last edited by pedro702,

Nemanja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
using wii gc ports or wiiu gc adapter?

My whole point wasnt about the value of the controller but to say fake/3rd party controllers often fail in all wii homebrew.

I got fake wiimote who doesnt work on any homebrew but works on every wii game i tryed.
I got a fake wiiu pro which works on all wiiu games but not on nintendont.
I got a third party GC controller who works on the gc and on the wii games that support Gc controller trough the wii Gc ports, but doesnt work on wiiu trough the wiiu gc adapter.

So my point was dont expect them to work becuase its normal they wont i was insulting anyone becuase they have 3rd party/fake controllers i ahve them too but for homebrew its very very rare finding a 3rd party/fake controller that works.
I am using Wii GC ports. Maybe as ccfman2004 said, the problem is that it isn't official Nintendo controller. Should using Nintendont interface be compatible with GC controller right away in the menu system? I always use wiimote to start a game, as my controller cannot be used in a Nintendont menu.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I am using Wii GC ports. Maybe as ccfman2004 said, the problem is that it isn't official Nintendo controller. Should using Nintendont interface be compatible with GC controller right away in the menu system? I always use wiimote to start a game, as my controller cannot be used in a Nintendont menu.
what nintendont version number are you using? see the number on the top.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont Loader v3.387 (Wii)
Built: Feb 14 2016
Firmware 58.24.32
are you using your wii 1st gc port and not the last port or the middle ones? remenber most games only acept the first controller port.

If it is on the first port you can always turn native ON, you will loose the ability to return to the homebrew channel but the controller will work almost for sure.

Nemanja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
are you using your wii 1st gc port and not the last port or the middle ones? remenber most games only acept the first controller port.

If it is on the first port you can always turn native ON, you will loose the ability to return to the homebrew channel but the controller will work almost for sure.
Already tried that, but without success. Thank you for all the help, anyway. :-) Will try with the official controller, once I get it. Hope that will fix it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had no idea such a thing exists.
wiiu gamepad extra batery has been out for ages, even nintendo released its official bigger batery instead of lasting more or less 3 hours it lasts around 8hours, still not much imo considering the official batery nintendo released costed 50$, of course you can buy third partys much cheaper.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, today is the 25th anniversary of the 1st episode of spongebob