Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Would it be possible for nintendont to ignore the wiiu partitioned usb/hdd like usb loader GX ? It would be so much more convenient to run all games from GX without having to unplug any of the hdds when switching to wiiu/wii mode
thats already possible its called ustealth you just have to put it in your drive.

Giboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's not quite what UStealth does, it hides the Wii HDD so that you don't get the format error in Wii U mode, but it does nothing to the Wii U drive in vWii mode
Yeah forgot to precise, ustealth or not the wii u hdd is still seen even on the ports that didn't exist on the original wii. So I hope there's a way that Nintendont ignore it just like usb loader GX.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah forgot to precise, ustealth or not the wii u hdd is still seen even on the ports that didn't exist on the original wii. So I hope there's a way that Nintendont ignore it just like usb loader GX.
it doesnt work like that on usbloader gx you can choose to only read port 1, port 2 or both ports, nintendont uses a diferent usb code that reads all the ports using ios58 wich is extremely needed for hid controllers and such, so basicaly to ignore other ports you would need to rewrite quite a bunch of code for something that isnt usefull, you can have both nintendont and wiiu hdd formated drive if you plug nintendont driver on port0 and the wiiu one on port 1.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Giboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it doesnt work like that on usbloader gx you can choose to only read port 1, port 2 or both ports, nintendont uses a diferent usb code that reads all the ports using ios58 wich is extremely needed for hid controllers and such, so basicaly to ignore other ports you would need to rewrite quite a bunch of code for something that isnt usefull, you can have both nintendont and wiiu hdd formated drive if you plug nintendont driver on port0 and the wiiu one on port 1.
well tried it and still get the error message.. Unless im going something wrong.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What would it take to implement USB multiplayer support? It would be nice to be able to use all of my gamecube controllers through the official gamecube adapter. Even if it's a crapshoot predicting which controller gets which position, it's better than nothing.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What would it take to implement USB multiplayer support? It would be nice to be able to use all of my gamecube controllers through the official gamecube adapter. Even if it's a crapshoot predicting which controller gets which position, it's better than nothing.
you can already use 4 gc controller trough the wiiu gc adapter since its a single hid device... also the player number is just like you would use on a gc or ssb4 left to right is 1 to 4 with the wiiu simbol being up.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can already use 4 gc controller trough the wiiu gc adapter since its a single hid device... also the player number is just like you would use on a gc or ssb4 left to right is 1 to 4 with the wiiu simbol being up.
...oh. The original post didn't indicate that would work. My understanding was that the GC adapter acts as a USB hub with four HID controllers attached.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
...oh. The original post didn't indicate that would work. My understanding was that the GC adapter acts as a USB hub with four HID controllers attached.
the adapter is a single hid device same way twin ps2 controller adapters are single hid devices with diferent ports so yeah you can use multi controllers on multiported hid controllers.

sparlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have the gamecube adapter, I can get it working on nintendont on the wii u, but only on SD mode. Both cables must be plugged in to the back for it to work, and oddly, if I switch them both to the front after launching a game, it still works, but won't work if they are plugged into the front ports before launching a game. My USB drive works to load the games, but has to be in the usb port on the back to the right, so I can't load it with the gamecube adapter that way. Is there any way to use both the adapter and usb drive at the same time?

Last edited by sparlock666,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So, I have the gamecube adapter, I can get it working on nintendont on the wii u, but only on SD mode. Both cables must be plugged in to the back for it to work, and oddly, if I switch them both to the front after launching a game, it still works, but won't work if they are plugged into the front ports before launching a game. My USB drive works to load the games, but has to be in the usb port on the back to the right, so I can't load it with the gamecube adapter that way. Is there any way to use both the adapter and usb drive at the same time?
Yes, the Adapter in front ports (make sure that both cables are pluged) And the USB drive on the rear port (the one closer to the edge)

Works flawlessly for me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is there a possibility to use a microphone on the wii u, with USB or sthg else?
No only backwards compatible wiis with mics that go into the MC slots.

nintendont supports all 4 ports unless your using a very old version that only has back port support, what version number do you see on top of nintendont menu?

MLG Postman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a weird bug with this emulator. I followed all the instructions, made a games folder, inside that folder i made another one named "melee" and i dropped a super smash bros melee iso in it which i named game.iso. I opened nintendont, it recognized my gamecube controller, but it cant locate the game!? Im very confused about this, if anyone could help please do. thanks

EDIT: never mind, just had an outdated version

Last edited by MLG Postman,

sparlock666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No only backwards compatible wiis with mics that go into the MC slots.

nintendont supports all 4 ports unless your using a very old version that only has back port support, what version number do you see on top of nintendont menu?
I updated the very latest version, along with the titles and controller txt files. Still nothing. I've seen some videos where people get an option to turn on the usb controller, but even after updating, I see no such thing.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated the very latest version, along with the titles and controller txt files. Still nothing. I've seen some videos where people get an option to turn on the usb controller, but even after updating, I see no such thing.

There is no option like that in Nintendont. There is only native controls and maxpads. Native controls means no USB/Bluetooth. If you want to use 4 GC controllers via the adapter then you want Native off, Maxpads 4 and no other controllers connected other than the one you launched the game with, which will turn off.

"Latest version" doesn't help. Post what revision number it is.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!