Country
United States

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i'm running the latest nintendont on WiiU and i bought the mayflash adapter seen here http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Game...p/B00RSXRLUE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8. However I am unable to get it to work at all with nintendont. I have it plugged into the front 2 usbs, not sure if that matters. Any ideas? I'm running the games from an external HD plugged into the back usbs. Thank you
Pretty sure only the top two ports on the back register under vWii. The adapter just has one data cable, the other is for power, so you can just plug the one for power in anywhere.

Last edited by TecXero,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure only the top two ports on the back register under vWii. The adapter just has one data cable, the other is for power, so you can just plug the one for power in anywhere.
nope front ports work fine on vwii too i use them with my gc adapter aswhell.

So i'm running the latest nintendont on WiiU and i bought the mayflash adapter seen here http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Game...p/B00RSXRLUE/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8. However I am unable to get it to work at all with nintendont. I have it plugged into the front 2 usbs, not sure if that matters. Any ideas? I'm running the games from an external HD plugged into the back usbs. Thank you
you dont have any other hid controller connected? are you putting the gc controller on port 1?you sure native is off?

Reactions: VinsCool

Joewe27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realized that my post a few replies back did not use the error-reporting format.

Game : Super Smash Bros. Melee, NTSC 1.02
Describe Issue : Wii crashes after I try to run game off of 16 GB USB drive. I get to Nintendont > USB > click on Melee and the Wii shuts off, with a red light (force shut down).
Region : NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Original Wii
Nintendont revision : latest
Last known working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : none
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Kingston USB drve, 16GB.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : FAT32, 32kb cluster size
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1. Clean rip, checked md5 already
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Emulated memory card
Native on/off : Not sure what this is asking.
Controller used if Native off : Again, what is native? I used a Gamecube controller.
Composite/Component/HDMI: Composite
Anything else you want to explain: nah

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I realized that my post a few replies back did not use the error-reporting format.

Game : Super Smash Bros. Melee, NTSC 1.02
Describe Issue : Wii crashes after I try to run game off of 16 GB USB drive. I get to Nintendont > USB > click on Melee and the Wii shuts off, with a red light (force shut down).
Region : NTSC
Wii/Wii U : Original Wii
Nintendont revision : latest
Last known working revision (if any) :
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : none
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : Kingston USB drve, 16GB.
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : FAT32, 32kb cluster size
ISO 1:1/compressed : 1:1. Clean rip, checked md5 already
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Emulated memory card
Native on/off : Not sure what this is asking.
Controller used if Native off : Again, what is native? I used a Gamecube controller.
Composite/Component/HDMI: Composite
Anything else you want to explain: nah
you sure your ssbm is and md5 1:1 match? when the wii shuts off is becuase nintendont ususaly cant patch the iso to it being defective.

well post your version number dont say latest.
post all your nintendont settings as well.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In my experience, any of the 4 USB ports work in vWii. However only 2 out of the 4 will work at any one time. Example is I have my USB hard drive plugged in, my USB LAN adapter and a Wii Speak. When I load up Animal Crossing sometimes I can get online but my Wii Speak doesn't work. Other times my Wii Speak works but I can't connect online. Finally I just unplugged my LAN adapter and used WiFi and now everything works great.

So back to @wildseal2003 problem, try making sure that the only things plugged into your Wii U are your USB drive and your GameCube adapter and see if it works then.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In my experience, any of the 4 USB ports work in vWii. However only 2 out of the 4 will work at any one time. Example is I have my USB hard drive plugged in, my USB LAN adapter and a Wii Speak. When I load up Animal Crossing sometimes I can get online but my Wii Speak doesn't work. Other times my Wii Speak works but I can't connect online. Finally I just unplugged my LAN adapter and used WiFi and now everything works great.

So back to @wildseal2003 problem, try making sure that the only things plugged into your Wii U are your USB drive and your GameCube adapter and see if it works then.
that depends on the loader i have usbethernet adapter on the back port, then my hdd and on the front both cables of my gc adapter and i use the 4 ports just fine at the same time in nintendont.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that depends on the loader i have usbethernet adapter on the back port, then my hdd and on the front both cables of my gc adapter and i use the 4 ports just fine at the same time in nintendont.

That's good to hear. Like I said in my example I was using a Wii game and could never actively use more than 2 ports. Never had more than 2 things plugged in when using nintendont but was just throwing it out there as an idea for him to try in case he did.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Aren't memory card ports enabled when you use the Native Controller thing or something?
I remember there was an option to make the Memory Card ports readable in Nintendont for Wii with backwards compatibility.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't memory card ports enabled when you use the Native Controller thing or something?
I remember there was an option to make the Memory Card ports readable in Nintendont for Wii with backwards compatibility.
It's enabled when you disable memory card emulation, it has nothing to do with Native Controllers

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Fix94 any plans/ideas at all?
Fix'd that for ya!

But yeah, if anyone could confirm any other Triforce games working with Nintendont "besides the four we know of" would be nice if they could report, I'm also interested in finding the Roms and such.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Native Controls FORCE the use of real MC but it's not needed, he can just disable the EmuMC and it should work fine, I'm pretty sure it's not his MC that is corrupted but he's probably using Bios with Nintendont which is known to have issues now when used with first party MCs, he can always replace/rename/delete the Bios files to get the MCs to work again, or just use the regular disc as intended, worst case scenario there's always Devolution ;)

Last edited by sonictopfan,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's enabled when you disable memory card emulation, it has nothing to do with Native Controllers
Ah yeah, I always forget that disabling that thing also enables the real ports. xD
Sorry.
Native Controls FORCE the use of real MC but it's not needed, he can just disable the EmuMC and it should work fine, I'm pretty sure it's not his MC that is corrupted but he's probably using Bios with Nintendont which is known to have issues now when used with first party MCs, he can always replace/rename/delete the Bios files to get the MCs to work again, or just use the regular disc as intended, worst case scenario there's always Devolution ;)
Really?
Using BIOS has issues with real memory cards?
I didn't know that.

Though I still don't see why that guy was making such a big deal out of it.
Whining is whining I guess.

Worst case scenario there's always Devolution ;)
That shit doesn't exist to me. :lol:

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fix'd that for ya!

But yeah, if anyone could confirm any other Triforce games working with Nintendont "besides the four we know of" would be nice if they could report, I'm also interested in finding the Roms and such.

no they dont lol native controls dont force you to use a real mc at all...

After all this time people still dont get it lol

Native controlls only affect the GC controller ports on wiis with Gc ports it doesnt touch the MC slots at all neither does it change any on or off for your mcemu option.

Mc emu off uses real mc ports, mcemu on uses emulated mc.

you can use any combination of native/mcemu you can think off they are totaly diferent things.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah yeah, I always forget that disabling that thing also enables the real ports. xD
Sorry.

Really?
Using BIOS has issues with real memory cards?
I didn't know that.

Though I still don't see why that guy was making such a big deal out of it.
Whining is whining I guess.

That shit doesn't exist to me. :lol:
Well it only affects first party MCs but third party ones work fine with Bios.

no they dont lol native controls dont force you to use a real mc at all...

After all this time people still dont get it lol

Native controlls only affect the GC controller ports on wiis with Gc ports it doesnt touch the MC slots at all neither does it change any on or off for your mcemu option.

Mc emu off uses real mc ports, mcemu on uses emulated mc.

you can use any combination of native/mcemu you can think off they are totaly diferent things.
I thought they affect the MCs too but I guess the word "controls" should have been enough proof to me.

TehJungelBewk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been looking around for about an hour for a guide on how to set up Triforce games. All I want to do is set up Mario Kart Arcade GP 2. Can someone link me to a guide on how to set it up? When I put the folder of .bin files for MKAGP2 in the "games" folder, it predictably doesn't do anything. ;c

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo