Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I know it probably wouldn't be implemented, and I'm just throwing ideas out, but what if it was something like throwing an image of the front of a GameCube controller and highlighting one button at a time, and when that button is highlighted you press the button that you want to be the equivalent of that button on your controller of choice. If it's an HID controller, it builds a controller.ini, and if it's a bluetooth controller... well, I don't know :T I suppose there would have to be a way to edit the Bluetooth code, and that's incredibly finicky according to both Fix94 and methodical testing...
your forgeting something how would nintendont know the hid buttom being pressed to begin with? lets say i go to gamecube A button and i press the ps3 L buttom to sync, theres no way nintendont knowws its an L buttom so he would just fill that space with input code lol, remenber the reason wii64 and wiisx know the buttoms you press is becuase they encoded all the imput values compared to the buttoms, but since hids can be any shape and form we cant encode the buttons for each hid device in existance.

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know it probably wouldn't be implemented, and I'm just throwing ideas out, but what if it was something like throwing an image of the front of a GameCube controller and highlighting one button at a time, and when that button is highlighted you press the button that you want to be the equivalent of that button on your controller of choice. If it's an HID controller, it builds a controller.ini, and if it's a bluetooth controller... well, I don't know :T I suppose there would have to be a way to edit the Bluetooth code, and that's incredibly finicky according to both Fix94 and methodical testing...

I also imagined something like that, but don't know the technical limitations. That's why I asked a developer opinion...

Shawshank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
there is an issue with that, first those emulators do that bacause they only need to anticipate for CC,GC, and the wiimote + nunchuck, with nintendont you got a huge problem, hid controllers, they can have the buttons they want and on the position they want, for instance you can connect a hid keyboard and have 50 buttons for input, so there is no way for nintendont to know which buttom is what, becuase hid controllers all had their custom number of buttons at will, unlike wii64 and wiisx where they give you 3 designs for you to change the buttom comands, on nintendont the hids can be all shapes and random number of buttoms.

See the problem now?

Thanks for your answer.

So, if there is problem only with USB devices and there is already a mapping solution for them, why don't do a GUI for mapping only natives gamecube ports and bluetooth devices where no solution is existing now ?

D

Deleted User

Hello,
I'm having issues and would be grateful if anyone could help?

I am new to all this, but managed to get everything up and running fairly easily to start with. However, couple of days later I tried to load a game and it got stuck on 'checking FS' messgae. At this point usb loader GX would no longer recognise USB drive at all either. I managed to get it working again by formatting (slow) to NTFS, then formatting back (slow) to Fat32 (32k clusters). With everything working I updated nintendont (I'm on 3.326 now). Everything worked again for a couple of days, but has now just stopped working again. This time I get no messages, just a black screen. I tried the re formatting trick again, but that didnt work. Guessed it may be the (brand new) hard drive, but tried another and that didnt work either.

Could anyone help me at all to get this working, and/or let me know what not to do to break it? only thing I can think is i didn't exit cleanly from a sensible point in the games? Many apologies if this is covered already in the thread, i tried to read as much as i could but may have missed it...

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm having issues and would be grateful if anyone could help?

I am new to all this, but managed to get everything up and running fairly easily to start with. However, couple of days later I tried to load a game and it got stuck on 'checking FS' messgae. At this point usb loader GX would no longer recognise USB drive at all either. I managed to get it working again by formatting (slow) to NTFS, then formatting back (slow) to Fat32 (32k clusters). With everything working I updated nintendont (I'm on 3.326 now). Everything worked again for a couple of days, but has now just stopped working again. This time I get no messages, just a black screen. I tried the re formatting trick again, but that didnt work. Guessed it may be the (brand new) hard drive, but tried another and that didnt work either.

Could anyone help me at all to get this working, and/or let me know what not to do to break it? only thing I can think is i didn't exit cleanly from a sensible point in the games? Many apologies if this is covered already in the thread, i tried to read as much as i could but may have missed it...

Which versions of Nintendon't and USB Loader GX are you using, and what hard drive/enclosure? Are you using them on a Wii-U or Wii?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use quick format, don't waste your time with full one.
You can also format directly to FAT32, no need to go to NTFS first.

When you exit a game from nintendont, it's not shutting the console immediately. It's first saving the memory card to the same partition than the game then shutting down the console or reloading back to the loader.
it shouldn't exit at the wrong time (unless you unplug or force shutdown while it's writing the memory card file).
The HDD corruption issue could be caused by the loader (if you use r1235) but it shouldn't write anything to the drive unless you enabled cheatcode.

Was the drive still readable on your computer? the partition was present or missing? you could see data or just corrupted filenames?

D

Deleted User

Hi both,
I am using Nintendont 3.326 and it is r1239. USB loader is version 3.0 r1239. It is Wii not wii u. The hard drive is a samsung M3 portable 1tb.
Tried quick format first, then slow but neither worked, I then tried ntfs and went back again (I just kept trying stuff really) till it eventually worked when doing slow format back to fat32. (although like i said it has broke again)
The drive is still fully readable/writeable/working on my PC. I have just ran a game on it through dolphin.
Current situation - Nintendont sees the files on my HD, but wont load them. USB loader gx wont see the hd at all and cfg says it is not responding.

thanks for your time

-- not using cheat mode, using all standard settings (everything off). memory card is real not emulated.
-- it is certainly possible drive was being written to the second time it broke as my child tripped over the controller lead and pulled the power out

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Crediar said that Nintendont wasn't going to work on wii to begin with. Just be lucky it does.

I am not sure if he said it that way.. it was always possible to start with, but you need a dev that has the knowledge, and there were not many interested at that time.
So yea, we indeed are lucky crediar did.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if he said it that way.. it was always possible to start with, but you need a dev that has the knowledge, and there were not many interested at that time.
So yea, we indeed are lucky crediar did.

I thought that vWii was simply Wii code being run in a sandbox and other than that there wasn't much difference. Sure the IOSs are slightly different and coded for Wii U hardware but it is still Wii Code being run natively and not being emulated.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your forgeting something how would nintendont know the hid buttom being pressed to begin with? lets say i go to gamecube A button and i press the ps3 L buttom to sync, theres no way nintendont knowws its an L buttom so he would just fill that space with input code lol, remenber the reason wii64 and wiisx know the buttoms you press is becuase they encoded all the imput values compared to the buttoms, but since hids can be any shape and form we cant encode the buttons for each hid device in existance.

No, you're not understanding me; it would pretty much be asking "which button do you want to be the "A" button? *User presses the equivalent of the GameCube "A" button* "which button do you want to be the "B" button?" And so on and so forth. Pretty much like how some PC games and emulators calibrate their HID controllers

Reactions: ccfman2004

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, you're not understanding me; it would pretty much be asking "which button do you want to be the "A" button? *User presses the equivalent of the GameCube "A" button* "which button do you want to be the "B" button?" And so on and so forth. Pretty much like how some PC games and emulators calibrate their HID controllers

I can understand how Nintendont might choke when asking what button should be "A" and you press an analog button like the PS3 controller's "L2" or "R2" for example. There should be an easy way to modify buttons on non HID controllers as currently the only way is to modify the source code and recompile which most users won't be able to do. I can recompile but wouldn't have a clue what code to modify as I know nothing about the C language other than it gives me a major headache.

Since 99.9% of games work the next step is to make Nintendont better by adding features like being able to easily remap buttons.

I would like to remind those people who said that certain features would never be added yet they were like GameCube BIOS.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4
D

Deleted User

You can use quick format, don't waste your time with full one.
You can also format directly to FAT32, no need to go to NTFS first.

When you exit a game from nintendont, it's not shutting the console immediately. It's first saving the memory card to the same partition than the game then shutting down the console or reloading back to the loader.
it shouldn't exit at the wrong time (unless you unplug or force shutdown while it's writing the memory card file).
The HDD corruption issue could be caused by the loader (if you use r1235) but it shouldn't write anything to the drive unless you enabled cheatcode.

Was the drive still readable on your computer? the partition was present or missing? you could see data or just corrupted filenames?

sorry to bump my own thread, but just to say I have now tried re installing all my IOSes and re formatted my HD yet again, (quick one this time) but it still cant be seen by wii.
any possible suggestions of anything i could try? throw wii at the wall is the only one i have left...

Lazareth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bump my own thread, but just to say I have now tried re installing all my IOSes and re formatted my HD yet again, (quick one this time) but it still cant be seen by wii.
any possible suggestions of anything i could try? throw wii at the wall is the only one i have left...

Jellyeggs, try a different loader? You could try loading the ISO directly from nintendont. I had a ton of trouble with GX myself and as a result I ended up finding WiiFlow.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to launch nintendont directly from HBC.
Don't use loaders at all and see if you still experience the same issue, lost partition, missing games, etc.

Maybe it's just your drive which is bad.

D

Deleted User

Try to launch nintendont directly from HBC.
Don't use loaders at all and see if you still experience the same issue, lost partition, missing games, etc.

Maybe it's just your drive which is bad.

my wii boots to HBC, and im loading nintendont directly from there. it sees games but doesnt load them.
It could be the drive i guess, but would be surprised. it was working for a while on wii, and it still works fine on PC, and when i tried my friends HD yesterday i got the same issue

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the problem would be how would do you stuff like the analog stick/c Stick and pressure sensitive L and R? becuase without you making an Ini that says the analog stick range and the L/R ranges theres no ways for nintendont to guess it tough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1