Hacking Nintendont

Shermdog17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendont Final Consol.pngNintendont Final Controller.pngNintendont Final Cube.png
ok :)
I right clicked and the file was jpg, didn't notice it's attached
thanks
Just realized they are the 600x225 version. Here are the 128x48 ones.

Reactions: VinsCool

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but i saved the game immediatly after beat this part.
But i played today and the game have another part with same mini-game.
And i have save file. You need to pass 2 or 3 rooms and you see place in the main hall of the Krazoa Spirit. Talk to spirit and... Test of Strength

I play the US version

there is something wrong on your end, i used your save file and was able to complete the challenge both with my gamecube controller (using the official adatper) and with a wii u pro controller

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry, but i saved the game immediatly after beat this part.
But i played today and the game have another part with same mini-game.
And i have save file. You need to pass 2 or 3 rooms and you see place in the main hall of the Krazoa Spirit. Talk to spirit and... Test of Strength

I play the US version
I have completed Starfox Adventures 100% before with BT controllers and never had an issue with it.

Reactions: VinsCool

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I been downloading getting new games for my collection and I came across an issue when I tried Disney Sports Skateboarding, the console freezes at the very beginning of the bios screen for some reason, happened every time I tested the game, I'll try another copy and see, could be the iso.

Swarhog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem if anyone can troubleshoot.
I'm trying to use the GC bios on my Wii through the normal game launcher, with iplusa.bin in the root and memcard emulation turned on (since people recommended this, as I've tried it with memcard emu off as well).
After loading the game, the screen flickers and goes completely black without starting the game at all. There's not even sound.
I know my bios is perfect, so is there something I'm missing?

artwen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
there is something wrong on your end, i used your save file and was able to complete the challenge both with my gamecube controller (using the official adatper) and with a wii u pro controller

I have completed Starfox Adventures 100% before with BT controllers and never had an issue with it.

Thanks for testing. This is strange, because all working on my wii, but don't wiiu. Anyway, i beat these parts, and I hope in the future all will be ok.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I been downloading getting new games for my collection and I came across an issue when I tried Disney Sports Skateboarding, the console freezes at the very beginning of the bios screen for some reason, happened every time I tested the game, I'll try another copy and see, could be the iso.
Never mind guys, I tried another copy and it works fine.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a problem if anyone can troubleshoot.
I'm trying to use the GC bios on my Wii through the normal game launcher, with iplusa.bin in the root and memcard emulation turned on (since people recommended this, as I've tried it with memcard emu off as well).
After loading the game, the screen flickers and goes completely black without starting the game at all. There's not even sound.
I know my bios is perfect, so is there something I'm missing?
bios wont ever work with mcemu off,so your saying your bios doesnt start? or the game doesnt start after the bios?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Fix94 a while ago AbdallahTerro posted some codes to stop the timer in F-Zero AX, i tried them last night and they seem to work fine, do you think you can hard code it to Nintendont like you did with Mario Kart GP 2? Speaking of F-Zero AX, it can run with the Triforce bios if you set OSReportto on.

I hope someone makes a code to unlock all tracks in Mario Kart GP 2 since save doesn't work, is there a way to revert a gct file back to text?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fix94 a while ago AbdallahTerro posted some codes to stop the timer in F-Zero AX, i tried them last night and they seem to work fine, do you think you can hard code it to Nintendont like you did with Mario Kart GP 2? Speaking of F-Zero AX, it can run with the Triforce bios if you set OSReportto on.

I hope someone makes a code to unlock all tracks in Mario Kart GP 2 since save doesn't work, is there a way to revert a gct file back to text?
http://gct-to-txt.software.informer.com/1.0/

I suggest you try to open the GCT in Notepad or a Text editor first to see if you can see the code.
If not then go for the link I provided.

Reactions: sonictopfan

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
ive had a search around but havnt managed to find a solution. i have the wii u connected to my tv via HDMI cable. i can load most games without any issue's but when trying smash bros the game loads but the display is messed up (i no the game works fine). i found on a compatability list and that having the hmdi cable means it attempts to display 480P but my version of smash bro's doesnt like 480P. can i resolve this without having to use the AV cable?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
http://gct-to-txt.software.informer.com/1.0/

I suggest you try to open the GCT in Notepad or a Text editor first to see if you can see the code.
If not then go for the link I provided.
I already tried Notepad+ and it didn't work but this software worked great, thanks, if anyone's interested here's the code for Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, to enable the announcer create a text file and post this:
Code:
GGPE02
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

Turn on announcer [Crediar]
041B6510 5404063E
E0000000 80008000

Then use it with your choice of a loader (personally I use USB-Loader GX) and you'll have the announcer enabled again.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I already tried Notepad+ and it didn't work but this software worked great, thanks, if anyone's interested here's the code for Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, to enable the announcer create a text file and post this:
Code:
GGPE02
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

Turn on announcer [Crediar]
041B6510 5404063E
E0000000 80008000

Then use it with your choice of a loader (personally I use USB-Loader GX) and you'll have the announcer enabled again.
IIRC, there is a specific code in the Nintendont's SVN that is commented to disable the announcer for those games.
All you gotta do is comment them out and you'll have the announcer back again

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait, why is stuff like this hardcoded into Nintendont? Does it fix issues or something? It seems strange that code to disable the announcer and timer would be hardcoded - surely games should be left untouched as much as possible unless code is needed for them to actually work?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ive had a search around but havnt managed to find a solution. i have the wii u connected to my tv via HDMI cable. i can load most games without any issue's but when trying smash bros the game loads but the display is messed up (i no the game works fine). i found on a compatability list and that having the hmdi cable means it attempts to display 480P but my version of smash bro's doesnt like 480P. can i resolve this without having to use the AV cable?
if you use pal ssbm then dont force progressive problem solved? the ntsc version has progressive support natively.

Reactions: jammybudga777

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
IIRC, there is a specific code in the Nintendont's SVN that is commented to disable the announcer for those games.

if you didnt realize it yet I did comment out that code so the announcer is actually back in, I personally prefer it that way so on one commit I forgot to comment it back in, oh well its really just a preference thing.
Wait, why is stuff like this hardcoded into Nintendont? Does it fix issues or something? It seems strange that code to disable the announcer and timer would be hardcoded - surely games should be left untouched as much as possible unless code is needed for them to actually work?

We are talking about triforce games here which in and of itself are nothing but a big hack so I dont see any problem in additions like that. Also if you talk like that you also want all the timer fixes and custom widescreen hacks removed I guess? :P That wont ever happen.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If these things are optional then I don't think there's an issue! The widescreen hacks are optional, and if the announcer thing is an optional commit then that that's pretty much the same thing. It wasn't a critique by the way, just seemed like a strange thing to hardcode (which I now hear was unintentional anyway)!

A brief look around the internet finds a lot of people who actually thought the lack of announcer was due to a lack of support for it by Nintendont itself rather than an intentional omission!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I always known that, the announcer is supposed to be enabled by default so the fact it's disabled means it was disabled on purpose.
I agree about the announcer and such but I don't mind disabling the timer especially since there's no pause screen or save menu.

In fact would you guys like it if they added a fake pause feature in Triforce games? I for myself would love that, hit "Z" or "Start" to pause the game, it could even show an added "pause" text on the screen, I don't mind that at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!