Hacking Nintendont

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the games work fine. I have all 20.
Since you're discussing the Animal Crossing NES games, I thought I'd throw out one of the things I figured out. The CluCluLand D game is a famicom disc game (not a cartridge like the others). The other games are all in nes format and can be used directly with emulators. This one game is in .qd (quickdisk) format. This format is identical to the fds format
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Family_Computer_Disk_System
used by emulators, except it has the checksums (CRC) still in it. If you delete the checksum values (thus making the file 0x14 bytes smaller) it works with emulators that support fds format games. Comparing it to the one identified in MESS, it is identical, except it doesn't have the optional FDS header (16 bytes), block 1 is slightly different (dates, number of times written, unknown usage values, etc.) and the high score table has all high score entries with 0 and the same id. Otherwise, it's identical.

Reactions: MassiveRican

absoluteajk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got into using Nintendont, which btw is awesome! Anybody else having an issue with the aspect ratio of the tv being super stretched upon exiting a game. When exiting a game, it returns me to the warning health message, but it's so stretched I can only read the first half of the screen. I'm using a Wii U with a Wii U Pro controller. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got into using Nintendont, which btw is awesome! Anybody else having an issue with the aspect ratio of the tv being super stretched upon exiting a game. When exiting a game, it returns me to the warning health message, but it's so stretched I can only read the first half of the screen. I'm using a Wii U with a Wii U Pro controller. I'd appreciate any feedback.

Ive experience this only 3 times in my hundreds of times using Nintendont. Just power off the wii and it will be back to normal

Reactions: absoluteajk

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
im a pal user that uses rgb on my wii and i never had any issues with the picture and all my games are ntsc i think its becuase the users tvs dont acept the signal or something my lcd screen has no issues with rgb pal wii with ntsc games forced ntsc or auto and nintendont was never red for me.

on the ps3 remote the exit combo is the select button not sure on the ps4 tbh try select?

wiiu widescreen does fullscree basicaly those bars will always appear becuase the wii or vwii doesn not show full 480p someone gave a very good explanation on why those bars appeared afew pages back but yeah you cant get ride of them, and no you cant use 2 hid devices at the same time so far.

not sure about autoboot but wiiuwidescreen just stretches it doesnt do widescreen per say the way to get a true 16:9 is the setting force widescreen but be advised manny games randomly freeze with forced widescreen.

maybe the pal game can be forced to pal 60Hz? also just becuase a game runs 50hz doesnt means it looks bad imo just 50 frames per second.

are you shour that you have an rgb cable? the cheaper ones look like rgb but only output composit signal.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
are you shour that you have an rgb cable? the cheaper ones look like rgb but only output composit signal.
yeah i know i have them becuase when i tryed on my grandma's old tv nintendont was red but that was like a 10yo tv thats why i said it depends on the tv, most lcds and such now acept anything, my recent lcd has no issues with the cable but old tvs have.

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i know i have them becuase when i tryed on my grandma's old tv nintendont was red but that was like a 10yo tv thats why i said it depends on the tv, most lcds and such now acept anything, my recent lcd has no issues with the cable but old tvs have.
My tv has 2 SCARTS connections. When the RGB cable is connected to one of them, NTSC games and Nintendont's GUI are displayed in red. The other SCART connection will display everything fine because that connection itslef is not RGB compatible, only displays AV signal. You have probably the same issue than me here.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Someone on the compatibility list lies, or I got the wrong settings?

Prince of Persia Warrior Within is still not booting for me.

Not compressed 1,32 GB in size (WiiFlow WiiU Widescreen Patch Edition from AbdallahTero)
Video mode default
Language standard
Loader Nintendont
WiiU Widescreen On
Everything else off

Any ideas to this? It must be something obvious, as always..

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Someone on the compatibility list lies, or I got the wrong settings?

Prince of Persia Warrior Within is still not booting for me.

Not compressed 1,32 GB in size (WiiFlow WiiU Widescreen Patch Edition from AbdallahTero)
Video mode default
Language standard
Loader Nintendont
WiiU Widescreen On
Everything else off

Any ideas to this? It must be something obvious, as always..
afaik an uncompressed game is 1.35GB not 1.32GB

no one lies the game works fine lol

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Was more meant like a joke, sorry. : )

Hm.. what do one use as program to change isos then? I use DM Lizard. Wrong/Old choice?
you should first try them full first thing expecialy when conpression will be to 1.32gb... but yeah most ppl most reliable tool is DMtoolbox and 32k allign.

Reactions: Bimmel

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys, just registered because I'm fighting with Nintendont since a few hours.
At first, it kept telling me "please load nintendont with ahbprot disabled", but thankfully a simple update of the HBC channel fixed it.
However, I still can't run the game because it gets stuck on "Loading patched kernel.... -1". I also tried to run the disk inside instead of an ISO, and it says the same.
I tried to search before making this post but I couldn't find any solution. Any help?

Do I need to have 4.3 firmware by any chance? I think I have 4.2E. Pressing the home button in HBC it tells me that it's using IOS58.

edit: oh btw I'm on a real Wii, not vWii.

If you have any homebrew channel themes installed delete them or try another theme. Some homebrew channel themes cause that loading patched kernel-1 error.

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you should first try them full first thing expecialy when conpression will be to 1.32gb... but yeah most ppl most reliable tool is DMtoolbox and 32k allign.
What? I thought all the time that you must do this to get the iso's to work. I feel so.. stupid. :sleep:
YOU LIERZZZ!! :P
I'm ashamed to the bones here.. :shy:

..not to mention: The game works.. ^_^ Sorry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But you said pine apple...