oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94

I discovered something.

If I use crediar's DMToolbox v0.3 to compress/trim/optimize an ISO using 32k or 64k alignment, in some cases the optimized ISO is bigger than the original. If the resulting ISO is bigger than 1,459,978,240 bytes (1.35 GB, the size of a RAW gamecube ISO), the game starts for a few seconds, then the Wii shutdowns.

Is this a limitation of the Wii that is expecting a file no bigger than 1.35 GB? Or is a Nintendont bug/limitation that can be fixed?

Some games I had that result in a 1.35 GB+ file using DMToolbox (using 64k alignment):
- Eternal Darknes - Sanity's Requiem
- F-Zero GX
- SONIC Adventure 2 - Battle

PD: Extracted (FST) seemed to work fine with these games.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the resulting ISO is bigger than 1,459,978,240 bytes (1.35 GB, the size of a RAW gamecube ISO), the game starts for a few seconds, then the Wii shutdowns.

GC ISO reads are getting limited to a maximum offset of 1.35GB for security reasons, also aligning the ISO makes the speed worse and converting to fst is MUCH slower so please only use the very original ISO files without touching them to get maximum speed and compatibility.

Reactions: almmiron

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC ISO reads are getting limited to a maximum offset of 1.35GB for security reasons, also aligning the ISO makes the speed worse and converting to fst is MUCH slower so please only use the very original ISO files without touching them to get maximum speed and compatibility.

I wasn't aware of that. Huh, I thought aligning an ISO to 64K using a FAT32 partition with cluster size of 64K would be appropiate, making disk reads smoother/faster. Although in my case, the aligned isos didn't seem to be any slower than the untouched isos. In some cases they seemed to be faster but maybe is just placebo. On the other hand, FST definitely seemed slower, so I only used FST in games that don't work trimmed, such as Kirby Air Ride.

Is trimming the isos without aligning to 32K/64K fine? (speed-wise, not compatibility-wise)

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible to make a fool-proof compression/minimizer? One that works for all ISO files with full compatibility?

Edit: Also it seems that the meta.xml version number and release_date tags are not being updated in the version control

Edit2: With the official gamecube controller adapter I can do the game reset combination but not the shutdown combination for some reason. Does anyone know how to fix that? I'm playing on the Wii U using the front ports.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short I've fixed my "The console has crashed error, refer to the system manual." error. However recently playing Resident Evil Code Veronica X I got to the second disc and once down the ladder it froze, goes to a black screen when going through the first door or going into the item menu. The screen just goes black. Tried on Dios Mios and it works. Can anyone confirm the RE CVX disc 2 crash on Nintendont?

Is it PAL or NTSC-U? I have a save right before the tyrant fight on the aircraft so i can check for you.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
You wouldn't pull out a memory card or turn off the console in the middle of saving/loading would you? The card could get corrupted on real hardware too, so I don't believe that would count as a bug if it's something that could happen/mirror on real hardware.
I meant when you do the reset combo while loading a save file using a real MC this doesn't happen, while saving, yes, but loading?

not when you use my theme mod, all the downloaded files are not automatically deleted too
I haven't tried them, sorry.

TIGER-COOL

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit2: With the official gamecube controller adapter I can do the game reset combination but not the shutdown combination for some reason. Does anyone know how to fix that? I'm playing on the Wii U using the front ports.

The combination for the gamecube adapter is R+L+Z+Start. I think this information is harder to find than it should be..

TIGER-COOL

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know why the 3rd and 4th ports on the gamecube adapter for Timesplitters 2 don't function? The ports work fine on every other game I've tested, but I can't play more than 2 player multiplayer with this title for some reason...

EDIT: Should mention that the game detects controller in the 3rd and 4th port, as multiplayer for 3/4 players are selectable from the main page when they're plugged in. I just can't perform ANY inputs with those controllers when I get to the profile select screen. I'm using what I assume is the lastest version of Nintendont (downloaded within the last week)

Cheers

Reactions: bm123456

The_Frag_Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The combination for the gamecube adapter is R+L+Z+Start. I think this information is harder to find than it should be..

Thank you. It would be good if there was a control test function in nintendont and also if the HID controller like the gamecube adapter would work in the nintendont menu.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Howard 007 agent underfire
(Strange.. not load my save... second mission. Screen stay black and rumble buzz when i press some buttons)
Howard i have try 007under fire with real gcpad and cstick is more quickly.
I havent read the nin compatibility page... 007 underfire works? ? Here start (long black screen loading) but i cant continue after the 1th mission)

You are wrong in this.
Nightfire has a slow turning speed as default and you cannot increase or decrease it. I suppose it was a way to maintain smooth 60fps, kinda like the slow turning in Metroid Prime on GC also masked polygonal view in order to keep a 60fps framerate. Same goes for King Kong and Timesplitters 2.
On the other hand, try turning with IR in games like Die Hard, Hitman 2, Timesplitters 3, XIII, red Faction II etc. after configuring the X sensitivity ingame, and come tell us that it is slow then.

IR is just as fast if not faster then GC cstick in turning and MUCH more presice in manual aiming. Headshoting is really easy now and auto aim assists are not needed.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
So i have a Wii with a deffective DVD drive:

There's no way i can rip my original GC games with my Wii and with a non compatible PC-DVD with Rawdump?
Any other way to do so without buying aother dvd-drive for Wii or PC?

I know i can rip my burned GC games back to PC easy with imgburn, but that's not the same as a 1:1 copy

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i have a Wii with a deffective DVD drive:

There's no way i can rip my original GC games with my Wii and with a non compatible PC-DVD with Rawdump?
Any other way to do so without buying aother dvd-drive for Wii or PC?

I know i can rip my burned GC games back to PC easy with imgburn, but that's not the same as a 1:1 copy
your best chance is getting isos from a website becuase if your disc drive is busted i dont see how you can rip anything without buying a new one.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I've gone for the burned discs rips, for that i don't need new hardware and i run the ripped iso's throu DMToolbox v0.3 to fix overdumps/other faults
There not 100% clean rips, but the work so far :), Would have preffered to rip my own originals for this, but that seems out of the question without spending money or waste the internet download ratio from my provider :D

Amazing how my cheap mini dvd-r's still read good after all those years, i even fired up my GC again with (Qoob Modchip)

The only pitty thing, i can't rip my AGP disc this way (Advanced Game Port) to try if i can get it working in Nintendont with the GBA adapter in the memorycard slot :)

[EDIT]
Maybe already answered:
Waths the difference between MPAL and PAL-60?

Reactions: MassiveRican

TheCarlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, i used GCMM to put a backup of all my GC saves, i did 1 individual for each game in GCI, and one full memory one in raw.
Do i need to rename the full memory raw to the ID of the specific game i want to play each time? (like going from one game to another one means do i have to rename it each time?), and each GCI save can be used by Nintendont like that? without transfering to RAW?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and yes ik im stupid for using it