Hacking Nintendont

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Nintendont replaced my complete USB file's (Isos, savegames ...) with a lot of strange corrupt files of 3Mb each one. All file names are composed by symbols.
I connected 3 wiiU pro controllers in the nintendont menu, and the selector arrow started to move it like a normal bad started analog pad issue, after this I only pressed home button to come back to loader. When I started nintendont again, it did'nt find the game folder in my USB device, after in Pc, I saw all files replaced by corrupted data.
I tried to reproduce this issue but without success.

Console: WiiU
Nintendont version: r264
Last game played correctly: Winning Eleven 6 Final Evolution (J)
How large is the usb drive?
What menu were you on when you exited to loader?

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan

USB Loader GX R1233 using Nintendont lastest rev (2.265) shows the message "This Nintendont version cannot boot games from USB" although I'm pretty sure it does. If I keep pressing "Start" (between 3-8 tries) the game eventually boots successfully.

Reactions: Karzia

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Howard
Hi. Tnx for release the nunchack code.
Nintendont 2.65. IR works but for my opinion need less deadzone or configurable deadzone. On 007 the movement of the cross is very slow (for that games what conf do u use? )
I have original white wiimote with internal plus and orig nunchack.

Ps: my third party wiimote (linQ) not works but is normal. .. not work with dolphin on pc and not work with android...) strange fact it takes the 4th led on with and without nunchack (orig w/out take all led and after connecting it take the player)

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howard
Hi. Tnx for release the nunchack code.
Nintendont 2.65. IR works but for my opinion need less deadzone or configurable deadzone. On 007 the movement of the cross is very slow (for that games what conf do u use? )
I have original white wiimote with internal plus and orig nunchack.
Which 007 game are you trying? Most are listed as not working with BT controllers.

Any dead zone you see using IR is added by the game not nintendont. Versions were tested that skipped over parts of the dead zone. This is what useres thought was best.

try the game using a gamecube controller see itf the cross moves the same way.

Retronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of the newly supported generic classic controllers identify as a normal classic controller but don't have analog triggers, my hori battle pad patch should fix the missing ZL+L/R half trigger press functionality for them. Please report any problems with generic classic controllers even if this patch fixes it.

I made a separate patch that enables reversing the c stick x axis by pressing minus on a classic controller. You can still switch the button layout by pressing ZL+minus or L+minus. Dols are included with patches and were compiled with r265. Enjoy!

Attachments

• ToggleCStickX.zip
    887.6 KB · Views: 173
  • HoriBattlePad.zip
    887.6 KB · Views: 150

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Howard 007 agent underfire
(Strange.. not load my save... second mission. Screen stay black and rumble buzz when i press some buttons)
Howard i have try 007under fire with real gcpad and cstick is more quickly.
I havent read the nin compatibility page... 007 underfire works? ? Here start (long black screen loading) but i cant continue after the 1th mission)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendont 2.265
Luigis Mansion GLMP01 PAL

luig mansion pal is having random issues i tryed with just mcemu on and 7 times it booted perfectly and 3 of them it bs on boot all the same setup so yeah keep trying it will eventualy work it seems it crashes nintendont altogether.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
(Strange.. not load my save... second mission. Screen stay black and rumble buzz when i press some buttons)
I havent read the nin compatibility page... 007 underfire works? ? Here start (long black screen loading) but i cant continue after the 1th mission)

i passed the entire game on nintendont but it was quite some time ago but it might need the same invalid cache exception greyrogue made for nightfire afew revs ago.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you realize in 007 agent underfire the cStick (at least for the default config) is an analog control. meaning the farther away from center you have it the faster it moves. The IR feeds the same range of analog values. Top speed on booth x and y axis comparing a gamecube controller to the ir seems the same to me. Are you pointing the wiimote at the edges of its range?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If any of the newly supported generic classic controllers identify as a normal classic controller but don't have analog triggers, my hori battle pad patch should fix the missing ZL+L/R half trigger press functionality for them.
I am concerned that if their is a problem with any of the generic controllers that were just added people will start using your patch instead of reporting the problem and having it corrected. Could you at least add to your origonal post That the problems with the newly added genreic controllers should be reported and corrected and add a readme to the zip with the same message.

It looks like you can simplify you patch by just changing the controller type between C_CC and C_CCP

The Crane Game

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to be that guy, but I'm trying to get my DK Bongos working, and no matter which of the titles that support it I choose, it always have issue of the left bongo being held down (I think it's an axis issue?) Any advice to fix it or am I just screwed? I've test three different sets thus far, and no luck. I'm on v262, using a Wii U.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I boot up a GC game, the screen crunches down to 4:3 even if I have my loader set to force 16:9. I'm on a Wii U, latest system firmware. It happens in the middle of the loading process--a few lines will pop up on the loader, but when the last two appear, it squishes my screen. Does anyone else have this issue, or hopefully a solution? Also, it's definitely not an issue with TV settings before anyone suggests it.

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont now (correctly) assumes a 4:3 output. Force widescreen using the WiiU Widescreen setting.

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. How do I force the widescreen that way? Also, it's not correct if I have a 16:9 Gecko code active :P Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Sorry if this was unclear--what I meant is that I can't find that option in my Wii U settings. I have the latest firmware, but I don't know what menu to look for, so if someone could tell me exactly where to find this setting, I'd be very thankful.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry for the ignorance, I'm not sure exactly what you mean. How do I force the widescreen that way? Also, it's not correct if I have a 16:9 Gecko code active :P Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Sorry if this was unclear--what I meant is that I can't find that option in my Wii U settings. I have the latest firmware, but I don't know what menu to look for, so if someone could tell me exactly where to find this setting, I'd be very thankful.

loaders still dont have that option since its new go to nintendont on homebrew channel and launch straight from there go to settings and turn wiiuwidescreen to ON

Kurausukun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loaders still dont have that option since its new go to nintendont on homebrew channel and launch straight from there go to settings and turn wiiuwidescreen to ON

Thanks, I didn't realise it was a Nintendont option. Will it be available with loaders at any point?

cetygamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Third party controllers will always have problems, for instance some ccp have R and Z buttons swapped and some will have hard time connecting and working
as for player swapping you can try erasing the saved wiimote memory by holding the red sync button on the wii for 20 secs then connect them in the prefered order
And for general configs that use all buttons I recommend the naggers or troops they have easy access to all buttons, I also have an alt-nagger config in my theme mod that I use as default which you may also like a lot

Ok, I investigated something here.
Here is how the things work for me:
1 and 2 Wiimotes enabled => Boot game with Nintendont => Swap Wiimotes 1<->2 => Exit game =>Wiimotes back to normal (swap again).
The order in which my Wiimotes synchronize doesnt make differences. I tried as third-party Wiimote 1P, Official Wiimote 2P and the opposite thing but Nintendont always them.

P.S.: Is there a chance that usb loader or nintendont itself will have an ability to edit control scheme in easy way for each game. I tried to play 3 different games: LotR: RotK, TMNT and Resident Evil: Code Veronica and for example I want to GC Z button to be set on B Wiimote button (that's how Wii RE games work). And non of the existing configs fit normally to LotR: RofK, because is hack and slash game and you need may buttons to provide fight combos.

SidneiSantos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
That configuration normally dosent have any cStick control.
You can select to add cStick controlled by the wiimote IR to any configuration by

press button_2 (puts in config mode and turns IR off)
press config button (selects the desired config - skip this step for the default)
release the config button (keep holding button_2)
press button_Z (turns IR on or off for the just selected config. If the wiimotes is pointed at the screen you can see IR toggle on and off if the screen accepts cStick input. )
release button_Z
release button_2 (ends configuration)

Thx

I'm Using Troopage config
for me and the most recommended!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E