Hacking Nintendont

Evelsnake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank You Fix94.1, Howard, Justinonline, GreyRogue, Toad King, Adeka and everyone else that got this adapter working. My daughter and I can both play SSX Tricky together on the Wii U with our Wavebirds, and it works perfect.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if you meant to do this, but it seems USB loading and HID controllers (more specifically the GC adapter) are working now, at least for me. Tried pretty much all the games I had and they all worked (bar some graphical glitches in TTYD and Melee due to forcing widescreen on)! Like I said, not sure if it was intentional or not, since I know HID and USB loading haven't been working as of late, but glad it works now!
USBloading + HID controllers wasent something I intended to fix.
It could be

I am still using the old version of devkitpro
Memory locations moved something that isnt getting inited likes the value it gets now
Memory locations moved now something is 32 bit aligned that wasnt before (supported by 25% of versions tested so far worked)
Memory locations getting overwritten by stack removed some code so it dosent happen
Something that was messed up with status messages was causing it.
their are many more posabilitys

or it could just be my gf explanation "The computer likes you it will work for you"

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can confirm that USB HID works on version 2.229, however the rumble is pretty much broken now. Gamecube Controller pretty much does not stop vibrating
does rumble stop it you pull the gray cable?
does controller 4 have the same problem?
Does rumble work any differantly that in 2.228?
Could it be the game you are using?

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does rumble stop it you pull the gray gable?
does controller 4 have the same problem?
Does rumble work any differantly that in 2.228?
Could it be the game you are using?

No the rumble does not stop if you pull out the gray cable. If you start nintendont without the gray cable then there is no rumble, but if you start with both cables connected and then disconnect the gray cable, then the rumble persists.

Controller 4 has the same rumble problem.

The rumble in v228 was also kinda broken, but not this bad. In v228 the rumble would start on its own and go on for like 10 to 15 seconds before stopping. It would do this randomly. in 229 it happens every time the controller is supposed to rumble and it stops when it receives a new rumble command.

I dont think its the game, I've been using Smash Melee to test it.

However, i found a new bug when i tested controllers 3 and 4. Both controller 3 and 4 have faulty left analog stick detection. It feels like im controlling a digital input (i used the character select screen in Melee to test it). I tested the same thing in Smash Wii U and the problem does not exist there so that rules out a faulty adapter.

chronno

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having trouble using nintendont and the gamecube adapter.

The game launches but does not recognize input from the gamecube controller. I'm using rev229 which from what I hace read fixed USB HID. Before running melee (game I'm trying to run and on usb) from settings I toggle memory card and the game will launch but will not respond to inputs from gamecube . If I toggle HID devices nintendont will freeze.

controller.ini is stored in root of usb and I launch smash 4 before going into wii mode.

Any help would be appreciated!

edit: just tried running it again with HID devices ON in the settings. Now it displays "Plug Controller in BOTTOM REAR usb port." after Init HID devices.

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble using nintendont and the gamecube adapter.

The game launches but does not recognize input from the gamecube controller. I'm using rev229 which from what I hace read fixed USB HID. Before running melee (game I'm trying to run and on usb) from settings I toggle memory card and the game will launch but will not respond to inputs from gamecube . If I toggle HID devices nintendont will freeze.

controller.ini is stored in root of usb and I launch smash 4 before going into wii mode.

Any help would be appreciated!

Do you get a blackscreen? where exactly does it freeze? Also if you can post a picture of your settings

chronno

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you get a blackscreen? where exactly does it freeze? Also if you can post a picture of your settings

Thanks for the incredibly fast reply. Honestly didn't expect it.

Issue was solved by connecting the Gamecube Adapter to the rear bottom USB slot beforehand. Playing melee now from USB with Gamecube Adapter.

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, quick question... Does nintendont support NTFS formated HDD's?

Either way, in general what mainstream homebrew apps support NTFS and which don't...

i.e. usbloader gx
configurable usb loader
wiiflow
nintendont
?

Thanks

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Random thought. I wonder if it would be possible to map both a GameCube Controller and a Wii Remote to one player, allowing the use of both the Wii remote and the GameCube analog triggers for racing games.

Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, quick question... Does nintendont support NTFS formated HDD's?

Either way, in general what mainstream homebrew apps support NTFS and which don't...

i.e. usbloader gx
configurable usb loader
wiiflow
nintendont
?

Thanks

No need for ntfs. All homebrew supports fat32. If you want to fit wii games that are larger than 4gb use WiiBackupManager to split the game into multiple parts that are less than 4gb each.

RexZShadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having issue with the memory card emulation, i turn it on and large a game and then after it loads and stuff my wii just shuts off. Anyone know why its doing that?

conradcervantes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to the latest revision through the settings, but all I'm getting is a black screen after restarting the app.

Edit: Just dialed it back to r228 and it works for me. It did try to auto boot despite me having that turned off ever since I started using it. I just upgraded from r178.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG that would be ridiculous!.. a portable GC is a dream come true with the Wii U gamepad, I mean there's always THIS, which is extremely impressive in it's own right, it's a little technical powerhouse and marvel by my standards but GC through Wii U mode would trump that any day XD... well actually I gotta retract that statement cuz honestly that hardware is completely portable so +1 for GC Revo still I guess.
You know with bluetooth and using the gamepad screen you already got your "dream" portable GC, am I the only loser who still likes to play in front of the TV? =p

btw tested Luigi's Mansion and game gets stuck on Nintendo screen so I can confirm that, older versions got it working again, also I downloaded a clean version of Melee and the long loading screen is no more, the game runs flawlessly now, I'm not sure if it's because it's a clean rip or because it's v1.02 but who cares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality