Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't even got Colosseum to work. I've tried 2 different ISO's, but might as well try a third one. It crashes mid-through the load and then resets the console and throws me into Wii U menu. NTSC version, by the way.

Colosseum SHOULD be working.
The only issue with that game is that it doesn't detect any memory card at all.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a sudden though. Could the widescreen hack be upgraded? I heard the Swiss Widescreen hack is better :unsure:
I don't know if that could be ported to nintendont...
Haven't FIX94 worked on it in the past for the Dolphin? ...I have posted about it a long time ago, but I don't know much about it though ...maybe FIX94 himself knows how relevant some of that code is to Nintendont.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Haven't FIX94 worked on it in the past for the Dolphin? ...I have posted about it a long time ago, but I don't know much about it though ...maybe FIX94 himself knows how relevant some of that code is to Nintendont.

I read the topic about that, this is indeed very well made :) I haven't heard about the HUD not being stretched before. This looks pretty good.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and reverted Soul Calibur II on the compatibility list since Fix94 said he hasn't experienced a crash.

I noticed someone changed Sonic Riders to Red. Anyone want to look into this?

Edit: I have nothing better to do. I'll check sonic riders

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all, I was playing Resident Evil Zero (U) with the latest version of Nintendon't (according to the data present when loading the application, it says it was compiled on September 30th 2014) and the disc swapping worked wonderfully. But, on disc 2, there is a certain point where the game freezes. Specifically, it's when you put a dial on a door to open it, attached is my save file up to that exact point. Hope some one can test it and come up with a solution. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• GBZE.rar
    24.9 KB · Views: 144

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I was playing Resident Evil Zero (U) with the latest version of Nintendon't (according to the data present when loading the application, it says it was compiled on September 30th 2014) and the disc swapping worked wonderfully. But, on disc 2, there is a certain point where the game freezes. Specifically, it's when you put a dial on a door to open it, attached is my save file up to that exact point. Hope some one can test it and come up with a solution. Thanks in advance

I think this was reported one other time (in another thread) but they never included a save like you did. Hopefully Fix94 can look into adding a fix for it

skull87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think this was reported one other time (in another thread) but they never included a save like you did. Hopefully Fix94 can look into adding a fix for it

Yes, actually a Google search brought me to that (it's quoted in one of your posts on this thread, page 624)

If additional details help, I'm playing on a Wii 4.3U with a First Party GameCube controller, when the game freezes the music keeps playing and pressing the reset button takes me to the game's main screen, so it's not a complete lock-up, the game's progression just stops (as if the code regarding what comes next cannot be loaded) The same thing happens when trying to load Leech Hunter. I also reported the issue on the Google Code Project's page

Reactions: MassiveRican

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for Fix94 or Howard

Is it better to post an issue in the compatibility list notes (with a save file or crash log) or post in the google code page? Where do you actually check for issues more often

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for Fix94 or Howard

Is it better to post an issue in the compatibility list notes (with a save file or crash log) or post in the google code page? Where do you actually check for issues more often
For individual games you should post in the compatability list. You guys maintain the list as a group which works out itself with updates, corrupt files or mistakes.
The google code page I have to do all that and most of the time when a change has been made that may fix a persons problem I need to tell them to retest it with the new version. I usually never hear back form them. after a month I check the compatability list to see if I should close the issue.

How come it seems like no one is helping in the controller configuration thread any more?

Reactions: nakata6790

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just did some quick testing (taking a break from the WiiU) Sonic Riders worked fine, played the first GP with no issues here, however Soul Calibur II still crashes randomly, I'm not sure why, playing the arcade I beat it with no problems but crashes happend while in the gallery and character profiles, it seems it has to do with music of some sort very similar to Megaman X Command Mission!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: When it says that Nintendont will never support GBA-Link Cable, are you talking about GBA-GBA cable or the GBA cable that you plug into the GameCube controller port?

Furfx

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there, I have a small question. (sorry for the poor english and if this has been already answered, but there is too much posts)
I'm new to this and I just can't really figure out where to put the controller.ini file. (I have a Wii)

I have Nintendon't with my games on a USB stick, everything is working great and I have a Thrustmaster Dual Analog 4. I have the controller file from the repo and I should put it "on the root of the device where your games are located".

So if my device is G: I should have this right ?
G:\games
G:\saves
G:\controller.ini

I'm asking because this obviously doesn't work.

I tried to put the .ini in the games folder and in the folder of every games (yes I'm a bit desperate).
I checked that it was not a .ini.ini file too.
The controller works inside HID test using the USB port 1 of the Wii. (USB port 0 is for thhe USB stick with the games on it)

Someone could help me ? =)

Thank you.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come it seems like no one is helping in the controller configuration thread any more?
We have enough controllers already?
More people are using bluetooth now?
People prefer playing multiplayer?
People are waiting for Dualshock via bluetooth?

Just spitballin here...

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did some quick testing (taking a break from the WiiU) Sonic Riders worked fine, played the first GP with no issues here, however Soul Calibur II still crashes randomly, I'm not sure why, playing the arcade I beat it with no problems but crashes happend while in the gallery and character profiles, it seems it has to do with music of some sort very similar to Megaman X Command Mission!

I actually played and it froze after the third race on the loading scene after you save. I'm going to check if my iso is trimmed first

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays