Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I have not been able to play Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. Actually, I can't even boot the game.
When I try to launch the game, it shut down the console after "Init DI...". It's the only game that I have that does that.

Seems like I have all "bad dumps" of this game... but I tried with several .iso, NTSC-U and PAL, all with the same result. I verified the CRC-32, SHA-1 and MD5 in redump.org and all coincide. So I don't know if it's a "bad dump" problem or there's something more :/

I'm using Nintendont v2.167 on a Wii Family Edition.

Any help?

I would try using the USB port on the back of the Wii as I find stuff loaded from the from SD slot loads slower than using the rear USB port for some reason. Even using the same SD card and a USB adapter stuff loads faster from USB.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendont itself has no speed limit so that doesnt mean anything.
True. However, it might be pointing to why it works for some and not others. If the game crashes if it can't read the disc fast enough, then the reason it crashes for some people might be HDD read speed, or if the file is fragmented.

NicoCP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the responses!

Ok, I tried the same .iso on an usb thumb drive, and the game loads fine! I seems like my HDD has the problem...

I noticed that when I load this game on my HDD, it waits a few seconds before Nintendont starts initializing things, then it crashes on "Init DI". And it's strange, because it's the only game so far that do this on Nintendont! On my usb thumb drive this doesn't happen, Nintendont starts initializing immediatly with all my games.

My HDD is a Western Digital My Passport WDBBEP0010BBK-01, never had a problem before with Wii games or Nintendont with other GameCube games, except this one in particular :P

If it's relevant, it's formatted in two partitions, the first is a primary partition where I have the games, FAT32, and sector size 512 (according to Nintendont), and the rest is NTFS where I have other files.

EDIT: I FOUND THE PROBLEM. Looks like Nintendont doesn't like folder names with characters like "é". My folder was named "Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness" on my HDD, and "Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness" on my thumb usb drive. I changed the "é" to "e" and the game booted fine :P

D

Deleted User

Anyone having the autoboot function not retain its setting between game loads?

Was using Wiiflow to load NGC games fine, but now it doesn't want to retain autoboot and keeps bringing up the menu each time. :(

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone having the autoboot function not retain its setting between game loads?

Was using Wiiflow to load NGC games fine, but now it doesn't want to retain autoboot and keeps bringing up the menu each time. :(

Yeah, something change in nintendont a while ago and wiiflow still needs an update to handle it properly.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I FOUND THE PROBLEM. Looks like Nintendont doesn't like folder names with characters like "é". My folder was named "Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness" on my HDD, and "Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness" on my thumb usb drive. I changed the "é" to "e" and the game booted fine :P
This should be added on the OP for future troubleshouting like yours :)

Reactions: NicoCP

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got around to trying out Nintendont, and so far it looks really good. Melee works well, though it's going to take some time to get used to playing with a Wii U Pro Controller. :V

One thing that's a bit worrisome: Previously I noticed that some cards that were corrupted in Nintendont were clobbered with FAT32 data. I created blank 59-block and 251-block cards in Nintendont, and while the 59-block card was completely blank, the 251-block card appeared to have garbage starting at 0xDD2E0 (905,952 bytes). I'm not sure if something is definitely wrong here, but the memory card emulation area isn't being cleared on startup, and might be getting partially overwritten by the FAT32 code.

EDIT: Minor glitch I just noticed in Melee - in All-Stars Mode, if you die and hit Continue, sometimes there's no music. This happened in a few levels, especially Jungle Japes.

Reactions: bm123456

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, actually a Google search brought me to that (it's quoted in one of your posts on this thread, page 624)

If additional details help, I'm playing on a Wii 4.3U with a First Party GameCube controller, when the game freezes the music keeps playing and pressing the reset button takes me to the game's main screen, so it's not a complete lock-up, the game's progression just stops (as if the code regarding what comes next cannot be loaded) The same thing happens when trying to load Leech Hunter. I also reported the issue on the Google Code Project's page

I can confirm your first problem but Leech Hunter does not freeze for me.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so glad Pokemon XD works but im not sure if its just karma being a pain or if its supposed to happen(it happened to me on dios mios a while back as well) that when ever i use the sticks(c or the other) if i point all the way up to move up it will start to go the opposite way which after 3 mins i get sick of and have to use the dpad, im currently using a WiiU pro controller but it happened on my old wii with gamecube controller using dios mios

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so glad Pokemon XD works but im not sure if its just karma being a pain or if its supposed to happen(it happened to me on dios mios a while back as well) that when ever i use the sticks(c or the other) if i point all the way up to move up it will start to go the opposite way which after 3 mins i get sick of and have to use the dpad, im currently using a WiiU pro controller but it happened on my old wii with gamecube controller using dios mios
pokemon XD has a bug in the controls so if your controllers acts strange like press full down and he goes up just DC the controller and reconnect it and it should be fine this always happened, and may happen to any controller.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pokemon XD has a bug in the controls so if your controllers acts strange like press full down and he goes up just DC the controller and reconnect it and it should be fine this always happened, and may happen to any controller.

well im not sure how to do that with the pro controller, i think the power shuts the console down correct? if not then will it d/c the controller so i can reconnect?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just hold pro controller power button it will only shut itself down not the console or nintendont then reconnect by pressing any butoon.

jos90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait wait wait... I've not been here for like six months due to college exams and what do i see? Wii classic controller emulated on nintendont? Oh my god, if this is true I would be so happy that I could cry.. :D Anyway very good job to everyone who supported this project, thank you!

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else notice i-ninja plays just a bit too fast making the rolling ball challenges almost impossible to get thru. i use r2.167.

dios mios 2.11 plays at the correct speed and i can get thru the rolling ball challenges.

anon3536

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just hold pro controller power button it will only shut itself down not the console or nintendont then reconnect by pressing any butoon.

i tried this and now it only seems to do the opposite(instead of when i press down and it go up| i press up and it goes down) and its been doing that since, i have reset a few times but still no changes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, made a new one