Hacking Nintendont

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try with a fresh config once more, to hope that fixes it...

EDIT: Never mind, that didn't work either... Oh... What on earth could be going wrong? The controller is compatible, so what could be going wrong? Does anyone have any ideas, at all?

Probably your cable that happeds to me too. Once I used a different cable (one for my external hardrive) I wasn't having that problem anymore.

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably your cable that happeds to me too. Once I used a different cable (one for my external hardrive) I wasn't having that problem anymore.

Yeah, I'm using my Wii U Pro Controller cable on the PS3 but it hasn't fixed anything... Have I missed anything? This is frustrating me, as it used to work! :(

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I'm using my Wii U Pro Controller cable on the PS3 but it hasn't fixed anything... Have I missed anything? This is frustrating me, as it used to work! :(

I don't know since that fixed it for me, maybe try the revision that worked for you, unless it's not working on the revision that worked for you. Then.. I don't know sorry ;.;

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know since that fixed it for me, maybe try the revision that worked for you, unless it's not working on the revision that worked for you. Then.. I don't know sorry ;.;

Revision? What do you mean, sorry? I'm pretty sure it's just a dodgy controller config but I've replaced it many times, so maybe someone needs to check it? I don't know but it just keeps saying that it can't open the config...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else getting lockups when playing the song of time on Majoras Mask? I am running the NTSC-USA version BTW.
It works fine with the pal version. Have you been playing on earlier revisions and got it working properly?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Howard for adding a check for Version 2.
I also think It's nintendont which should check the version sent by the loader and adapt the settings accordingly, instead of reseting the settings on version mismatch.

I updated the detection to work with argsboot too.
I removed NIN_CFG_OLD_VERSION because if you update to version 4, then version 3 would also become an old version, so the chosen setting name wasn't clear enough.
I think either using the value (ncfg->version == 2) or defining a NIN_CFG_OLD_VERSION2 is better.
I didn't add check for Version 1 (I think all loaders are updated to at least version 2 now, but users might still have an old loader).

I also allowed MaxPad == 0 with Argsboot.

I did a patch, could you check if it's good?
It's been a long time I didn't work on nintendont, I don't want to commit without asking.

patch from 143 to 144
Rename to boot.dol

Edit:
I'm not sure the check you did is correct here:
in global.c, when checking cfg version 2 size
if(BytesRead != 540)
540 is the size of cfg v3, it implies that the loader added MemCardBlock in its cfg struct, but didn't update the version to 3.
the best way would be to check all previous v2 sizes (532 (maxPads), 536 (MaxPads+GameID), and current sizeof(NIN_CFG) if you want)

Edit:
- I there a check for already created memory card size to prevent data loss? I found it.
- Is it possible to expand an existing memory card size? it's currently using the found size only.
- Isn't ninmem.raw forced 16MB like on first nintendont versions?

Cyan

I use CFG Loader and am not setup to test argsboot. I will leave the testing and commiting of that to you.

When we update to version 4 lots of changes will be required. It dosent hurt to eliminate NIN_CFG_OLD_VERSION now. I am sure version 4 would have eliminated it.

Version 1 is older than the current repository. While it could have been made compatable at the time. Now it seems to old to worry about.

Allowing maxpads = 0 bothers me. The calling program should have set it properly. If its not broke dont fix it.

540 is the only correct size for version 2. version 3 is 544. I verified booth these numbers by actually running the programs. If their were other valid ver 2 sizes we would need to set the missing values as well. Their is a bug when upgrading from ver 2 to ver 3 we need to upgrade the stored ver as well otherwise nintendont will write a new nincfg.bin with the current size but the old version number. I will upload a fix for that soon.

ninmem.raw size is configurable

Lets continue this in pm

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 9723

Okay! And.. if that doesn't work?

This is what's on my SD card. Maybe I put something in wrong?
Your system is hiding known file extensions.
The file on your sd is actually named controller.ini.ini
That is why HIDTest dosent find it.
I hate hiding problems instead of fixing them. They only create new problems. :)

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Revision? What do you mean, sorry? I'm pretty sure it's just a dodgy controller config but I've replaced it many times, so maybe someone needs to check it? I don't know but it just keeps saying that it can't open the config...

I mean like the current version is r143, I was saying maybe try an older revision such as 142 or whatever your controller last worked on. Maybe it just is the config tho i don't know dood~ sorry.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have one question... What is the purpose of the ninmem.raw file?
Is it like a dump raw of the Memory Card that can be used as an emulated one WITHOUT having separate 2 MB files for each game?
What is it? DX

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your system is hiding known file extensions.
The file on your sd is actually named controller.ini.ini
That is why HIDTest dosent find it.
I hate hiding problems instead of fixing them. They only create new problems. :)

Oh! Oh! I didn't notice that, sorry! I actually found out how to turn that off and now it should be just saying controller.ini :)

Okay, I'll try that but... if it still doesn't work? This is really creeping me out as I don't get why it isn't working, when it used to :(

I mean like the current version is r143, I was saying maybe try an older revision such as 142 or whatever your controller last worked on. Maybe it just is the config tho i don't know dood~ sorry.

Hmm... I could try that but it 'broke' (?) on the version I had before, which I believe was this version, so I tried doing the whole set up all over again but it still isn't working... *sigh* This is so frustrating! :( None of your faults, of course. Just mad at myself cuz I've probably imputed something wrong but I dunno... Would checking the config in the Notepad application on Windows show me if there's a problem with the config?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, you are right, I forgot 4 bytes.

then v2 exists in two sizes:
536 since r42
540 since r83
both from the old svn repository.

maxpads = 0 is a valid value since v1.109 if HID is enabled.

I have one question... What is the purpose of the ninmem.raw file?
Is it like a dump raw of the Memory Card that can be used as an emulated one WITHOUT having separate 2 MB files for each game?
What is it? DX
It's a global memory card for all games.
some games need to share saves together to unlock bonus, and for that you need to use the same memory card.
If you are using a single/global card, it's named ninmem.raw instead of using the gameID as filename.

since v1.135 you can also choose the memory card size.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh! Oh! I didn't notice that, sorry! I actually found out how to turn that off and now it should be just saying controller.ini :)

Okay, I'll try that but... if it still doesn't work? This is really creeping me out as I don't get why it isn't working, when it used to :(

Let me help make something clear... It's not about having the setting turned off or on; but rather that you rename the file to just "controller". If you look at your screenshot, none of the other files shows the extension, so they're hidden. The fact that controller shows its extension means that bit is part of the name instead. so just remove the ".ini" and you should be fine.

Plushieluver101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me help make something clear... It's not about having the setting turned off or on; but rather that you rename the file to just "controller". If you look at your screenshot, none of the other files shows the extension, so they're hidden. The fact that controller shows its extension means that bit is part of the name instead. so just remove the ".ini" and you should be fine.

I honestly think you could be right here! I'll go try that! :)

EDIT: Nope, getting the same problem, still...

Nintendont (1).png
Nintendont (2).png
Nintendont (3).png
Nintendont (5).png
Nintendont (1).png

Maybe seeing what's in there could help, and such?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, use the spoiler tag when you post pictures.
And that would look a lot better for everyone if you can write in default font color like everyone else, not in pink.
thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol