Hacking Nintendont

kingsora831

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tired, worked way too long on this over the week but it was worth it, here it is:
-added audio streaming, works well in most games, updated nintendonts major version to v2
-fixed xg3 running too fast
-general patcher optimizations

If you were able to get star fox adventures working with this, ill have the greatest nostalgia orgasm tonight lol.
Thanks for the effort and time you put into this you are literally reviving the GC.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm about to become one of those noobs with installation problems. Ready? *puts on his noob face* :unsure:
I downloaded the latest loader, put it in the Apps>Nintendont folder,along with the meta,(it looks to be 1.0) tried launching a game from both coverflow and from the loader. Both times, when I try to select my device, it code dumps.

I'm using a wavebird on GC Wii with a split setup. Apps on sd, Games on usb. I have kenobigc.bin in the sneek folder on my SD.

Go.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try to launch nintendont directly from HBC first to see if the issue is your nintendont setup or your launcher.
I didn't read fully sorry.
Which code dump? can you take a screenshot?

Can you try v1.144 instead of v2.145?

and just for information, kenobi file need to be on the same partition than your games if you want cheatcodes to work. not on the partition/device where you have the boot.dol

Edit:
I tested 2.145 and it works fine.
The missing sound/dialogs in Eternal Darkness are back!
And now the game loads much faster!
It also fixed the freeze/reset bug at game over.

Reactions: bm123456

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok, I'm about to become one of those noobs with installation problems. Ready? *puts on his noob face* :unsure:
I downloaded the latest loader, put it in the Apps>Nintendont folder,along with the meta,(it looks to be 1.0) tried launching a game from both coverflow and from the loader. Both times, when I try to select my device, it code dumps.

I'm using a wavebird on GC Wii with a split setup. Apps on sd, Games on usb. I have kenobiiwii in the sneek folder on my SD.

Go.
1.0 is not even close to latest lol you should get 145 wich has audio streaming suport now, to use a wavebird you need to use it to select the game itselft on nintendont menu but if its code dumping i would try to run everything from usb and from nintendont loader until you make sure everything is set right

If you were able to get star fox adventures working with this, ill have the greatest nostalgia orgasm tonight lol.
Thanks for the effort and time you put into this you are literally reviving the GC.
good news for you becuase it does work lol

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
1.0 is not even close to latest lol you should get 145 wich has audio streaming suport now, to use a wavebird you need to use it to select the game itselft on nintendont menu but if its code dumping i would try to run everything from usb and from nintendont loader until you make sure everything is set right

good news for you becuase it does work lol

Reactions: bm123456

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm tired, worked way too long on this over the week but it was worth it, here it is:
-added audio streaming, works well in most games, updated nintendonts major version to v2
-fixed xg3 running too fast
-general patcher optimizations

HOLY ***** audio streaming??? GOOD WORK FIX94 HIGHLY EXCITED. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARDWORK!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A few words to my audio streaming code:
I am no expert when it comes to sound. My volume control, mixing and especially the resampling are just guesses on how things work, so far it turns out to be quite acceptable soundwise. Also I did not test this on slow devices or sd cards so I dont know how they behave. If you switch too quick from stream to stream it is possible that a stream cannot start and the previous plays, I did not have this happen yet but codewise this might be possible, I needed to work around the main problem of crashing we had with those games in the past and the approach I took automatically gives such a possibility, cant do anything about it.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The META says 1.o. The loader was downloaded from the front page.

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi to All !

Thanks to all devs working on this piece of gold ! and all testers too !

I follow the progress of nintendont since his birth.
It's grouth awesome!

I tried the 2.145 version and...

Crash bandicot the wrath of cortex (pal) has streming audio now !
the game seems to run faster then noormal.

I have a old white wii(pal) with gc ports.
But if even the game is pal(like my wii)
I have to set video mode force to pal 50 to see it good, or else the image is cut over and under !

Can anyone confirm this too?

BTW, Great job Guys!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you downloaded the latest version when you eneter nintendont before choosing sd/usb on top it should say v2. 145 on the version
Right. The loader says 2.145. The Meta says 1.0. Anyway. I got rid of the sd card. And it still dumps when I select USB. Should it matter that Priiloader autoboots Wiiflow and I launch the Nintendont app from there? Am I missing something?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Right. The loader says 2.145. The Meta says 1.0. Anyway. I got rid of the sd card. And it still dumps when I select USB. Should it matter that Priiloader autoboots Wiiflow and I launch the Nintendont app from there? Am I missing something?
thats probably the issue try to launch it normaly from homebrew and selecting nintendont, your wiiflow probably hasnt been updated to work with the newer nintendont releases

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi to All !

Thanks to all devs working on this piece of gold ! and all testers too !

I follow the progress of nintendont since his birth.
It's grouth awesome!

I tried the 2.145 version and...

Crash bandicot the wrath of cortex (pal) has streming audio now !
the game seems to run faster then noormal.

I have a old white wii(pal) with gc ports.
But if even the game is pal(like my wii)
I have to set video mode force to pal 50 to see it good, or else the image is cut over and under !

Can anyone confirm this too?

BTW, Great job Guys!
that is a known issue it wasnt fixed yet its on the compat list incase you missed it
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List#C

Reactions: gig71

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night.