Hacking Nintendont

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yeah stability is bad on 105 but alot of games are now booting or reaching further before randomly freezing i think if the entire thing of the random freezes and loading freezes get sorted around on 106 that will be a great rev most likely.

Anyway, the stability is bad, but I will keep using this rev, the loads times for some reason are shorter (but frezze the games)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I booted the game twice and it froze on the loading screen both times. The loading bar got fully finished then it froze the first time. The second time it got about halfway then it froze.

Edit: try v1.105 so we can see if we got same results

I was using that revision, the another revision what charges fine the game for me was the 1.98, but really, I don't think the USB controller could break compatibility, maybe the PS3,PS2 or PS4, but I didn't read problems with anothers controllers.

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r105 broke SA2B, first the audio starts to skip then it totally locks up. r1.101 had no problems whatsoever with it.

Also in r105 Paper Mario TTYD has audio issues when you get to the Rougeport square.

Wii 4.3U IOS58 24.32

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario Baseball and Viewtiful Joe work in V1.105 as well. This list from Dolphin is interesting:
Code:
    g_dspState.DSPControl.DMAState = 1;
CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent_Threadsafe(0, et_GenerateDSPInterrupt, INT_ARAM | (1<<16));

// Force an early exception check on large transfers. Fixes RE2 audio.
// NFS:HP2 (<= 6144)
// Viewtiful Joe (<= 6144)
// Sonic Mega Collection (> 2048)
// Paper Mario battles (> 32)
// Mario Super Baseball (> 32)
// Knockout Kings 2003 loading (> 32)
// WWE DOR (> 32)
if (g_arDMA.Cnt.count > 2048 && g_arDMA.Cnt.count <= 6144)
CoreTiming::ForceExceptionCheck(100);

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've posted this so many times that it should be added to the first post, lol.

Open dolphin, then in Tools / Memory Card Manager . you'll have a split view for two memory cards, in one side you should open your MemoryCardUSA.raw (or eur, whatever) and in the other side, the ID4.raw that's exclusive of your game (the one nintendont created) and that you should've transferred previously to your computer. Then you delete that single save slot that's in the second memory card, and use Copy -> to transfer your save from the Dolphin's MC to the one where you deleted the save slot. Then transfer again that ID4.raw to your saves folder to use with nintendont. That's all.

Thanks, that worked perfectly!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The meta.xml is in the correct path
I am not sure how to tell what version of Homebrew channel I am using.

I think that if you open Homebrew channel it should say the version in the upper right corner, might have to press Home to show the menu and that info, can't remember really. Are you loading nintendont directly from the HBC? I've noticed that loading it from other sources, like WiiXplorer, will give an AHBPROT error. Shouldn't happen with loaders though. Maybe you should check your meta.xml to make sure the ahb_access flag is there.

Reactions: Vibhor

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mario Baseball and Viewtiful Joe work in V1.105 as well. This list from Dolphin is interesting:
Code:
    g_dspState.DSPControl.DMAState = 1;
CoreTiming::ScheduleEvent_Threadsafe(0, et_GenerateDSPInterrupt, INT_ARAM | (1<<16));

// Force an early exception check on large transfers. Fixes RE2 audio.
// NFS:HP2 (<= 6144)
// Viewtiful Joe (<= 6144)
// Sonic Mega Collection (> 2048)
// Paper Mario battles (> 32)
// Mario Super Baseball (> 32)
// Knockout Kings 2003 loading (> 32)
// WWE DOR (> 32)
if (g_arDMA.Cnt.count > 2048 && g_arDMA.Cnt.count <= 6144)
CoreTiming::ForceExceptionCheck(100);

so even dolphin has some exceptions i see

sabykos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pedro702: Might I ask, why you replace existing size information with 1.35 GB in the compatibility list? Even if you use uncompressed isos, please don't change the size information for shrunk games.

jinyung2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tested r107
SSBM v1.02 20xx hack pack froze at character selection

so I downgraded to r103
SSBM runs fine except.. suddenly c stick not working. Would this be an issue related to the revision change or is it possibly something wrong with my controller.ini or iso?

on r80 everything worked fine but I really liked the no load time feature that was added

edit: now using r101 and c stick working again!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
pedro702: Might I ask, why you replace existing size information with 1.35 GB in the compatibility list? Even if you use uncompressed isos, please don't change the size information for shrunk games.
yeah i forgot about that and for some odd reason i was just changing the stuff and dkn why i changed to the default iso size probably becuase i was looking into my notes to update the compat list and they had my iso sizes soz about that.

airline38

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I would suggest to put a smaller "Setcount" value in the
"ARStartDMA.S".

The current value is 0x800 (r106). But MKDD will be randomly frozen after
starting the race. (0x400 is the same)

I tried to change this value to 0x200 then MKDD worked no problem.
(Paper Mario "battles" works no problem with 0x200,too)

Reactions: bm123456

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I beat the ricco harbor shadow mario level on dolphin as it does not load on nintendont and am trying to use that save file to complete the game.

As mentioned before with r.80, SMS works. I verified with r101 today again, no freezes whatsoever for Super Mario Sunshine. I use (my own ripped) full 1:1 iso, also loads faster on nintendont than devolution. I tested shadow mario shines in Rico Harbor & the Hotel, also the floating bonus stages in Rico Harbor & Pianta Village.
Wii 4.3E (PAL), Nintendont r.1.101, pal60 video.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As mentioned before with r.80, SMS works. I verified with r101 today again, no freezes whatsoever for Super Mario Sunshine. I use (my own ripped) full 1:1 iso, also loads faster on nintendont than devolution. I tested shadow mario shines in Rico Harbor & the Hotel, also the floating bonus stages in Rico Harbor & Pianta Village.
Wii 4.3E (PAL), Nintendont r.1.101, pal60 video.

no freezes? trying loading a new save file and see if it freezes after the fludd video...

also try entering a level and then exiting...last time i tried on r101 it gave me a disc read error.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
no freezes? trying loading a new save file and see if it freezes after the fludd video...

also try entering a level and then exiting...last time i tried on r101 it gave me a disc read error.
Yes after reading your post I started a new game. 10 shines later, I get NO freezes. I even had FLUDD explain the controls on the airport as well as the plot in the cellblock twice, just to be sure.

==EDIT==

We should all use 1:1 isos whenever possible, in order to decide whether a game works or not. A couple more examples: Starfox Assault extracted iso blackscreens during intro to level 10, shrunk iso freezes just before battle with the final boss, full iso plays all the way to the end, as well as the end credits.

Also, Timesplitters 3 is reported as working, and it is, it also loads blazingly fast BUT in v.1.80 it froze on level 3, just as you and Harry Tipper were entering sector 3 (after restoring the water pressure). In v.1.101 it gets past that, but now it freezes in the next level, the train, immediately after headshooting the first enemy, Harry says ''that's some slick shooting man'' and then the game freezes

v. 1.101 is the new gold standard as of now

Reactions: _47iscool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo