Hacking Nintendont

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my opinion there maybe 2 different problems!! your iso is f!?cked which is the same as kinda having a scratched disc (it will give you that warning^^). or you have tried to load a game that uses 2 discs? and it doesnt like the second disc?
I would like to disagree. I have been having the same problem when I use my SD card since nintendont was taken down due to it containing devolution's patches. For me, the exact iso files that give me this error on sd card work flawlessly with a USB. I would suggest trying to run this on a USB drive as well. As for now, at least on my end, loading the files from an SD is completely broken.

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is better to load games with SD or USB? also whats the best format and cluster size for sd and usb? I have alot games that claim to be perfect on compat list but keep freezing so I assume the problem is with my sd/usb format cluster size

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which is better to load games with SD or USB? also whats the best format and cluster size for sd and usb? I have alot games that claim to be perfect on compat list but keep freezing so I assume the problem is with my sd/usb format cluster size

It would seem that usb is faster than a sd, so I'd stick to that if you can; as for the format, it has to be FAT32, though the cluster size seems to depend on your usb device, from what others have experienced. I never had issues with my 32kb cluster size, but if you feel it's not working as it should, you can always try a different one.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's a GBA emulator from 2004 by Nintendo, it has nothing to do with the GBP. Nintendo originally used it in those display demos used in stores for Mario vs. DK, however it was later revealed that the same emulator with slightly different settings was released alongside 6 or so Naruto games by TOMY as a reward to tournament winners. Then there's Pokémon Box which also seems to use a the same emu but with different settings.
It is faster than all homebrew emulators but doesn't save; using it in Nintendont lets you use Wii's entire CPU so any game with slowdowns is now fullspeed or very close to it, however every revision has a common problem: emulation freezes randomly and quickly.
The opening.bnr has "AGB Emulator" on it. Even if it doesn't save though it's useful for two things: 1. Some games do not actually need saving to be played and 2. It serves as a very good proof of concept that the Wii can indeed play GBA at fullspeed.

EDIT: It also displays square pixels correctly, something all the homebrew emulators lack.

Damn is such a shame that such emulator lacks save support :/
And it's also a shame because some games (like Pokemon Liquid Crystal hack) is not fully functional with either VBA Next (RetroArch) or VBAGX, it lags a lot and the same happens for other games when there is too much enemies or characters on-screen.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue what AGB emulator is that might be a misspell of GBA emulator. If you are looking for a list of roms confirmed working for the experience n64 v2 here is the list so far.

Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 Multiplayer Hack
Animal Forest
Mario Kart 64
Mario Party (partially working)
Star Fox 64
Kirby 64 (partially working)
The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Duke Nukem 64
Mace: The Dark Age
Wave Race 64
Star Solider: Vanshing Earth
Pilot Wings 64
Herules The Legendary Journeys
Mischeif Makers
Blues Brothers 2000
NHL 99
Rocket: Robot On Wheels
Milor's Astro Lanes

I'm halfway tempted to test Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on this "Experience N64 V2" thing, but I'd need to know more about it.

EDIT: No, wait, never mind, apparently it only works for a handful of games :\

D

Deleted User

how to you set up a controller, when i start it, it goes back to wii menu. it says something like "controller.ini". I want to use a pro controller, PLEASE HELP! (using wii u)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how to you set up a controller, when i start it, it goes back to wii menu. it says something like "controller.ini". I want to use a pro controller, PLEASE HELP! (using wii u)

I think You need to use the mayflash adapter (at least that's in the first post) together with the controller.ini for it that is on the project page.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not expect games that don't work with VC to work with that emu, it's just the Majora's Mask emu with a program that injects roms to it.

Yeah, after learning more about it, I realized they wouldn't work. Shame, I was hoping to have some way to play Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie on something other than a PC since I don't own an Xbox 360 :s

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
could not fin /sd: /controller.ini Can anyone help!:hateit:

Do you have the controller.ini in the sd root? and did you check that you don't have hidden extensions either? Lately computers have them hidden by default so it's possible you have it as controller.ini.ini instead.

D

Deleted User

Do you have the controller.ini in the sd root? and did you check that you don't have hidden extensions either? Lately computers have them hidden by default so it's possible you have it as controller.ini.ini instead.

I have Controller.ini on the root, and the extention for the pro controller that i fiunt in controller settings, did i do it right?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have Controller.ini on the root, and the extention for the pro controller that i fiunt in controller settings, did i do it right?

with extensions i meant that you should make sure the file is "controller.ini" and not "controller.ini.ini" in the computer; are you trying to use the pro controller with the mayflash adapter plugged through usb to the WiiU?

D

Deleted User

with extensions i meant that you should make sure the file is "controller.ini" and not "controller.ini.ini" in the computer; are you trying to use the pro controller with the mayflash adapter plugged through usb to the WiiU?

no, just the charging adapter

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
no, just the charging adapter

I don't think it will work with just the cable, have you used HIDTest to see if the values change when you press buttons? I think you NEED the adapter, if you could just use the cable they would have mentioned it in the first post; i guess it's only useful as a charger and doesn't transmit any data.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Somewhere in this thread I read that someone got working a MadCatz Xbox360 controller with Nintendon't.
One like this:
madcatz-4.jpg

NOTE: Half-price not included.

Does anyone know if this works?
Apparently the PC detects it as a HID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I don't remember most of it. +1