Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why, but ever since the code was moved over after the copyright claim for the DSP patches, I have been unable to get super mario sunshine to work. I have tried removed all save files and have been consistently updating. In fact, I can't get any games to work on the current version. For SMS, it loads to a screen with yellow text asking me to turn off the gamecube console and refer to the user manual. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe your iso got corrupt?

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I revert to the old r85 with the devolution audio patches, it works perfectly. Now, no matter what I do, it pops up with the message "An error has occurred. Turn the power OFF and check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet for further instructions."

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I revert to the old r85 with the devolution audio patches, it works perfectly. Now, no matter what I do, it pops up with the message "An error has occurred. Turn the power OFF and check the NINTENDO GAMECUBE Instruction Booklet for further instructions."

Delete your nincfg?

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete your nincfg?

Just tried that. No difference. It shows the nintendo screen, then the dolby digital screen. Then, after about a second at a black screen, the error screen pops up. I can play it on r85, but the file caching recently and improved controls would really help with playability as the main problem with the game is the loading speeds.

kingdsx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to try some of the other games that worked for me on previous revisions and are shown as working on the compatibility list.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help me track down when Billy Hatcher stopped booting? I remember testing all the way back to 1.69 with a black screen as a result. Wiki says it booted at one point.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Now finally there is a 100% save file for Shadow The Hedgehog.

My personal save has full library and all A ranks but I'm missing about half of the secret keys, does your save have all of them? It would save me time testing it.
I don't really need it though(I'm pretty much done with that game) but it would be nice to collect/have.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So everyone here there is a bug ever since 73, everyone using a ps3 controller will get a freeze on certain games it has nothing to do with being wi or wiiu, everyone using the ps3 controller will get a crash after selecting character on ssbm and on TC NY it will crash afer 5 seconds ingame probably more games will crash because of this, so dont be suprised if someone can play a game and you cant because ps3 controller got a bug somewhere, the devs are already looking into that so all ps3 ppl just wait for the next rev or so.

Reactions: worm28 and Dondaa

Dondaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So everyone here there is a bug ever since 73, everyone using a ps3 controller will get a freeze on certain games it has nothing to do with being wi or wiiu, everyone using the ps3 controller will get a crash after selecting character on ssbm and on TC NY it will crash afer 5 seconds ingame probably more games will can crash so dont be suprised if someone can play a agme and you cant because ps3 controller got a bug somewhere, the devs are already looking into that so all ps3 ppl just wait for the next rev or so.

Yeah, I hope it's fixed in the next Rev.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone help me track down when Billy Hatcher stopped booting? I remember testing all the way back to 1.69 with a black screen as a result. Wiki says it booted at one point.
i think billy hatcher and pokemon xd were both lost after 1.21 but a test would be required to see if its true .

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Do I get this right:

There are two different versions of Mario Kart Arcade GP, a US version and a JAP version (GGPE01 & GGPJ01). There is only a US version of GP2 (GGPE02). There's only a JAP version of F-Zero AX, which also supports english (GFZJ8P). And there are two versions of VirtualStriker 4, US and JAP (GVS46E & GVS46J). But there are no PAL versions of these games at all? So the best is to stick with the US versions?

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
pedrobarca The Triforce system doesn't use the GC ISO header but a file called boot.id within the ISO for game title information and header.
When extracted from the GD-ROM all GC ISOs have a default Wii header with GC magicbytes (don't ask why) so people made up all kinds of Game IDs and game titles.

So I created a tool that uses the info from the boot.id to fix the header to use the correct information http://crediar.no-ip.com/tnf.rar

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for Triforce games to be displayed in Progressive Scan?

I ran MKGP with 1.69 last niight and had no working gamecube controls in the actual race and the video with NTSC interlaced.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
In 1.78 it just hangs at the progressive screen, without the objsize message. In prior versions it would hang at that same spot with the error message in the Gecko log, if I recall. I can double check where exactly the message shows up. The "OSCheckHeap: Failed MINOBJSIZE <= cell->size in 878 OSCheckHeap: Failed MINOBJSIZE <= cell->size in 878" message shows up once the game reaches the progressive screen, with 1.61, for example. So no, unfortunately, there's no crash dump to be found.

I saw you added this line: "OSCheckHeap: Failed MINOBJSIZE <= cell->size in 878 OSCheckHeap: Failed MINOBJSIZE <= cell->size in 878" in the compatibility list for F-Zero GX. In my opinion it might be better, if you make a pastie (http://pastie.org/) of the whole gecko dump and post only the link to that pastie in the compatibility list. So the devs have more information and the list doesn't get too messy.

I certainly hope those pasties stay longer than a few days online. Anyone knows after how many days they get deleted?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The log didn't really contain any other useful info, just generic OSReport info about the game initialising CARD, AX, etc., in addition to the patches that Nintendont itself performed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan +1