Hacking Nintendont

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you read the post Howard wrote 4 hours ago and its in the same page you just posted to, then forgot about it and replied to Adeka's post from almost 6 hours ago in the previous page... weird, but if you say so..

What amazes me is that even after I told you about Howard's post, again it's in the same page just above you, you're asking how to do exactly what Howard explained: Edit your controller.ini and add ",0,100" to your Sticks values. That's all you have to do, other users have already reported that these values work perfectly fine with that controller.

Edit: At least you realized this yourself and deleted the question.
like Dolphin, Mine is...

In that order: Offset, DeadZone and Radius

StickX= 0,0,69
StickY= 0,0,69
CStickX= 0,0,69
CStickY= 0,0,69

is that correct?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
like Dolphin, Mine is...

StickX= 0,0,69
StickY= 0,0,69
CStickX= 0,0,69
CStickY= 0,0,69

is that correct?

Who knows, I don't have the adapter, just test it and see. However, Howard's recommendation was using "100", and since he's the one who got the adapter to work I'd use whatever he says.

Edit: I don't know why you thought it's okay to use 0 as the offset, but it's not. You have to use the offset for each axis, and even if one of them was 0, which is not, it can't be the same for both the stick and the C-stick

Ratskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tested a few games for you guys today.

I know I need to update the list but I am relatively new to testing so don't really know which version these games worked on and I don't have enough time to download every revision to see.

I kept the settings on default except for the memory card emulation and didn't turn on progressive when asked in a few games. I am also using the dual shock 4 controller and a 1tb wd hard drive split into 2 partitions 1 fat32 and 1 ntfs. The games are on the fat32 partition which isn't formatted with 64k clusters and I have ipl and all the other required files in the root of both sd and usb harddrive.

Any way here are a few games if it helps.

Nintendont 1.52

1: Crash Bandicoot Wrath Of Cortex - Black screen.

2:Star Wars Rogue Squadron - Black screen.

3:F-Zero Gx - Black screen.

4:Gun - Boots but hangs on title screen

5:Need For Speed Most Wanted - boots but hangs on title screen.

6:Timesplitters 2 - Works fine but havnt updated my controller.ini settings so accuracy when shooting is a pain.

7:Hunter The Reckoning - Boots and plays fine except for no streaming audio which I know is getting implemented at a later date.

8:Viewtiful Joe 2 - Boots and plays perfectly.

9:Serious Sam Next Encounter - Black screen on boot.

10:Die Hard Vendetta - Boots and plays but very sluggish through the title menus

11:Second Sight - Boots but hangs when loading levels

Hope this helps you guys and sorry for not listing them on the compatibility page but like I said I have only just started testing so I can use this revision as a starting point.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not sure if many (or any) of you use postLoader, but I started working on adding Nintendont support to it, and I'm almost finished. Hopefully in an hour or so I'll have all the kinks worked out.

Reactions: demi_du

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is the controller.ini for 3 in 1 MagicJoy Box updated on the web? If not, could you send me the updated file?

Thanks.

You only need to change this in your controller.ini; they'll surely upload a corrected version at some point.

StickX=3,0,100​
StickY=4,0,100​
CStickX=5,0,100​
CStickY=6,0,100​

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Basic84
can you please post a screenshot of your sd root with the controller.ini opened on a side of the screen?
this, we need this to help u. It could be as simple as an unnoticed space in a file name or something else. It's odd that your controller.ini is not recognized when so many people are having success, I think it best to continue troubleshooting your setup. Only if it's reproduceable do I see something like this getting a bug fix.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I just wanted to share my experience to any future people searching for the game on Google or in this thread:

Skies of Arcadia has been listed in the compatibility list as working for a while now, but it's been giving me constant and massive audio synchronization issues during battles on my Wii U, seemingly regardless of what version of Nintendont I tried.

I was about to give up when I decided to try running the game in extracted filesystem mode. I'm glad I did, as the game runs almost flawlessly now. Every once in a while the audio comes in slightly later than it's supposed to, but it's almost unnoticeable, especially in contrast to the massive delays that had previously made the game almost unplayable. I'm using the current latest revision (r54), and playing the game from an SD card.

I'd like to include this information in the compatibility list, but this is the first time I've used Nintendont, and since the compatibility list already lists Skies of Arcadia as working perfectly, I can't be completely sure that my experience wasn't some weird fluke. Either way, I'm happy I got this discovery out there in some form.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
will there b
Hey, so I just wanted to share my experience to any future people searching for the game on Google or in this thread:

Skies of Arcadia has been listed in the compatibility list as working for a while now, but it's been giving me constant and massive audio synchronization issues during battles on my Wii U, seemingly regardless of what version of Nintendont I tried.

I was about to give up when I decided to try running the game in extracted filesystem mode. I'm glad I did, as the game runs almost flawlessly now. Every once in a while the audio comes in slightly later than it's supposed to, but it's almost unnoticeable, especially in contrast to the massive delays that had previously made the game almost unplayable. I'm using the current latest revision (r54), and playing the game from an SD card.

I'd like to include this information in the compatibility list, but this is the first time I've used Nintendont, and since the compatibility list already lists Skies of Arcadia as working perfectly, I can't be completely sure that my experience wasn't some weird fluke. Either way, I'm happy I got this discovery out there in some form.

normaly even if the audio is having abit delay or being faster than it should its still all green on most entrys since right now on nintendont as long as the audio works and the game too its a green the audio being late or fast is a mild thing that shouldnt make a game not being green, as a note its fine imo.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
normaly even if the audio is having abit delay or being faster than it should its still all green on most entrys since right now on nintendont as long as the audio works and the game too its a green the audio being late or fast is a mild thing that shouldnt make a game not being green, as a note its fine imo.

You need to realize just how bad it was though. It wasn't just the sound; even if you turned the sound off, you wouldn't have any fun because battles moved at a ludicrously slow pace, with characters freezing for entire minutes at a time while they waited for their sound effects to finish loading and playing. A battle that would normally take a couple of minutes at most could take as long as 10.

All of this was fixed by using fst mode. I almost couldn't believe it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You need to realize just how bad it was though. It wasn't just the sound; even if you turned the sound off, you wouldn't have any fun because battles moved at a ludicrously slow pace, with characters freezing for entire minutes at a time while they waited for their sound effects to finish loading and playing. A battle that would normally take a couple of minutes at most could take as long as 10.

All of this was fixed by using fst mode. I almost couldn't believe it.

so you were playing with the full iso and it was like that but fst works better?

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
umm. i havn't used/tried nintendont out for a month or so. untill tonight i downloaded the latest DOL for it too see how progress was going. i played 3 games which loaded okay without memory card emulation turned on. (super mario sunshine/luigi's mansion/ mario kart double dash).
i thought it would be cool if i could save a game on luigi's mansion so i turned on memory card emu. when i load the game it asks do i want to format my memory card??? obviously i didnt click yes. i tried mario kart double dash and strange enough the same thing pops up but says my memory card is corrupt do i want to format!!! im using a 1.5TB western digital hard drive btw does anybody no if this issue's would accidently wipe my hard drive?

kimotori

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
umm. i havn't used/tried nintendont out for a month or so. untill tonight i downloaded the latest DOL for it too see how progress was going. i played 3 games which loaded okay without memory card emulation turned on. (super mario sunshine/luigi's mansion/ mario kart double dash).
i thought it would be cool if i could save a game on luigi's mansion so i turned on memory card emu. when i load the game it asks do i want to format my memory card??? obviously i didnt click yes. i tried mario kart double dash and strange enough the same thing pops up but says my memory card is corrupt do i want to format!!! im using a 1.5TB western digital hard drive btw does anybody no if this issue's would accidently wipe my hard drive?

N. creates a file and formats the file, no the disk...

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
No it wouldn't wipe your drive, Nintendont creates a raw 2mb gameid memory card for each game so that there are no issues with memory card corruption amongst games. Any changes will be made to each individual game, if it asks to format the memory card it will be fine to go ahead and say yes.

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did find this file in my sd card called ndebug and within the file it says

Nintendont IOS55 v23.31
Built : May 19 2014 19:16:34
Version : 1.53
ES:HIDInit() failed
This file pops up everytime I load nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A buttered grilled cheese pb&j? Meh