Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that the mayflash 3 in 1 controller.ini is broken. The joystick does not work. I'm sure new values in the .ini should fix it as other buttons do work. Tested on WiiU with gamecube controller v1.53

That honestly sucks...That's what I have been using since Howard fixed it.

I'l work on it later cuz i'm lazy

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That honestly sucks...That's what I have been using since Howard fixed it.

I'l work on it later cuz i'm lazy

As I said in my previous post, it would appear the solution (if it's really broken) it's to change the stick lines so they look like this in the controller.ini, since these are the values it had in previous revisions

StickX=3,1A,100
StickY=4,1A,100
CStickX=5,1A,100
CStickY=6,1A,100

I can't test it, but from Howard's post that should do it. Edit: And even if it doesn't, i think that's what people should try first before they report a controller as not working.

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said in my previous post, it would appear the solution (if it's really broken) it's to change the stick lines so they look like this in the controller.ini, since these are the values it had in previous revisions

I can't test it, but from Howard's post that should do it. Edit: And even if it doesn't, i think that's what people should try first before they report a controller as not working.

Tested values above, still a no go. Only movement from the sticks I receive is the control stick slight movement upwards. I will see if I can come up with something.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested values above, still a no go. Only movement from the sticks I receive is the control stick slight movement upwards. I will see if I can come up with something.
Based on the HIDTest data we had form getting the Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box to work
StickX=3,0,100
StickY=4,0,100
CStickX=5,0,100
CStickY=6,0,100​
should be best for that controller.
The change you did of adding ,1A,100 to each line should have made it work exactly as it did before.
If its still not working send me the controller.ini

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the HIDTest data we had form getting the Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box to work
StickX=3,0,100​
StickY=4,0,100​
CStickX=5,0,100​
CStickY=6,0,100​
The change you did of adding ,1A,100 to each line should have made it work exactly as it did before.

Perfect, this works great. I was editing the controller.ini on the sd but using the USB...-_- my mistake. Tested with SSBM and SMS. Joystick control is way more accurate now.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new code fix problems on free roam games (Digimon World 4, Sunshine) where we could only walk in 8 directions?

I always thought it was pretty weird problem especially because nobody ever posts about it

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the new code fix problems on free roam games (Digimon World 4, Sunshine) where we could only walk straight up and down or at a diagonal?

I always thought it was pretty weird problem especially because nobody ever posts about it

Haven't tested Digimon, but Sunshine seems to be working fine now. The joystick feels more precise.

mat128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
StickX=3,0,100​
StickY=4,0,100​
CStickX=5,0,100​
CStickY=6,0,100​

This works much much better, thank you for doing this. The strange controlling analog sticks were my only gripe with using Nintendon't on my WiiU instead of on my original Wii's gamecube ports. Also, would rumble even be possible with HID controllers? Though everything works so well now, I have no complaints.

provato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
From what I understand, no controller is broken, you just need to adjust the deadzone and radius (and offset of course) of your controller in the controller.ini file.
As far as I remember, deadzone and radius are for controllers with "loose" analog sticks.

Can someone make a graphical GUI for HIDTest, that also outputs a controller.ini file? This would solve all problems concerning gamepads and adapters.

I bought cheap gamecube controllers for the original wii, and I can confirm that all four ports/gamepads can work simultaneously (I played mario party 6 with 3 other people)

PS: Thank you all for the great work guys. You are Gods to my eyes!! Just forgive me if I write now and then to thank you and give you a little courage to continue! Unforunately, I don't have unlimited time in my hands to test games with every version :(

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like you're not the kind to read the latest posts in a thread.. Howard already said (in this same page) which extra values you need in the controller.ini for the Magic Joy Box 3 in 1.
Hmm... I already read the post, the only problem is hours ago i forgot about Howard's post hehehe...

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm... I already read the post, the only problem is hours ago i forgot about Howard's post hehehe... ok; even so, how could i adjust the deadzones and radius?

anyways, i have the default sensitivity from dolphin 4.0.2 (original sensitivity from analog sticks for GC original controllers) as a draft :P

So you read the post Howard wrote 4 hours ago and its in the same page you just posted to, then forgot about it and replied to Adeka's post from almost 6 hours ago in the previous page... weird, but if you say so..

What amazes me is that even after I told you about Howard's post, again it's in the same page just above you, you're asking how to do exactly what Howard explained: Edit your controller.ini and add ",0,100" to your Sticks values. That's all you have to do, other users have already reported that these values work perfectly fine with that controller.

Edit: At least you realized this yourself and deleted the question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?