Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You're awesome! Thanks :grog:

Just in case, those instructions are good if you load nintendont directly or without autoboot. If you're using loadergx you should go to Settings, Loader settings and go down to Nintendont settings to enable autoboot and MCEmu

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I can say that my problem with nintendont goes beyond a simple problem because nintendont still isn't picking up my controller settings file no matter what I do. I might just have to wait for later revisions to solve the problem.

Your the first person to post about a controller.ini problem since this went open source.

Edit: is your controller.ini on the device your games are on?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think I can say that my problem with nintendont goes beyond a simple problem because nintendont still isn't picking up my controller settings file no matter what I do. I might just have to wait for later revisions to solve the problem.

I can't help but feel it's something wrong on your end, the only other reason why it shouldn't find the controller.ini would be if it was created in linux; but that was fixed recently so it shouldn't be your problem.

Maybe you should try posting screenshots of your sd file structure and a short video of what happens when you load a game.. That's the only way to know exactly what's happening.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case, those instructions are good if you load nintendont directly or without autoboot. If you're using loadergx you should go to Settings, Loader settings and go down to Nintendont settings to enable autoboot and MCEmu

for some odd reason, the settings wont save. I got MCemu to work but it seems like I have to activate it every time. As for launching a game from USB loader GX, the game will take me to the Nintendont menu but code dumps and resets within 10 seconds every time I nav-start a game.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
for some odd reason, the settings wont save. I got MCemu to work but it seems like I have to activate it every time. As for launching a game from USB loader GX, the game will take me to the Nintendont menu but code dumps and resets within 10 seconds every time I nav-start a game.

Make sure you're using the latest version of loadergx, I don't remember if Cyan fixed that already.. but if you want to be safe I'd suggest loading nintendont directly as homebrew, and the settings should save unless your sd has write protection or if you're powering off the console to exit nintendont, instead of using the Power button configured in your controller

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you're using the latest version of loadergx, I don't remember if Cyan fixed that already.. but if you want to be safe I'd suggest loading nintendont directly as homebrew, and the settings should save unless your sd has write protection or if you're powering off the console to exit nintendont, instead of using the Power button configured in your controller

Thanks! I'm sure I'll figure it out within the next few hours lol

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says on the loading screen

Nintendont Loader r0 (Wii U)
Built : Apr 27 2014 15:15:25
Firmware : 58.25.32

Loading patched kernel... 8
Es_Init...Done!
Init SD device... Done!
Mounting USB/SD device...Done!
Checking FS... OK!
Drive size: 0mb SectorSize: 0
ES_LoadModules...Done!
Loading config...Done!
Init HID devices... Failed!...Shutting down
Missing sd:/ controller.ini

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 1.53 is up.

It will break some controller.ini files

It is intended to correct controller sensitivity problems alot of people are having when doing things like aiming or walking accross a bridge.

If after installing the update you controller pulls you can correct it by setting the deadzones back to 1A.
If after installing the update your controll acts like its only pushed part way but your pushing it all the way to the edge set the radius s to 100

If you have to change these values post it here. It may be a case whare we arent reading the controller correctly and can make it work better in the code. It may be that we needtd to change the default controller.ini for that controller.

Added new parameters in controller.ini

StickX-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
StickY-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
CStickX-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
CStickY-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>

<DeadZone> is a value in hex if the controller is up to that far from center nintendont will still send that the stick is centered to the game. It has a default value of 0 which is correct for most controllers.It sholud only need to be changed it the stick appears to be pulling in one direction. Prior versions had this hardcoded to 1A.

<Radius> is a percent applied to the value coming from the stick. Prior versions had this hardcoded to 100. It has a default value of 80 which is correct for most sticks. Most sticks produce values ranging from 00 to ff, the gamecube controller only produces values of only about 80% of that. It only needs to be changed if your controller dosent produce values ranging from 00 to ff.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It says on the loading screen

Nintendont Loader r0 (Wii U)
Built : Apr 27 2014 15:15:25
Firmware : 58.25.32

Loading patched kernel... 8
Es_Init...Done!
Init SD device... Done!
Mounting USB/SD device...Done!
Checking FS... OK!
Drive size: 0mb SectorSize: 0
ES_LoadModules...Done!
Loading config...Done!
Init HID devices... Failed!...Shutting down
Missing sd:/ controller.ini

What version are you using? That doesn't seem to be the latest, and that space before controller.ini has been bugging me for a while, are you adding that or it really appears there?

Basic84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The version I'm useing is what on the first page, it says release version nintendont v1.0 and the message appears that way while loading nintendont.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The version I'm useing is what on the first page, it says release version nintendont v1.0 and the message appears that way while loading nintendont.

That's not the latest version... The latest one is on the second line of that post where it says "Direct link to the latest open source version"

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what controller.ini are broken in the newest revision?
No one has reported any broken yet.
The only way to tell is to test them.
You can get an idea with HIDTest if the stick values go from 00 to FF and the centers are around 80 it will give you twice the controll you had before.

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has reported any broken yet.
The only way to tell is to test them.
You can get an idea with HIDTest if the stick values go from 00 to FF and the centers are around 80 it will give you twice the controll you had before.

I can confirm that the mayflash 3 in 1 controller.ini is broken. The joystick does not work. I'm sure new values in the .ini should fix it as other buttons do work. Tested on WiiU with gamecube controller v1.53

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I can confirm that the mayflash 3 in 1 controller.ini is broken. The joystick does not work. I'm sure new values in the .ini should fix it as other buttons do work. Tested on WiiU with gamecube controller v1.53

Maybe you should try adding the values Howard mentioned in his post.

Added new parameters in controller.ini

StickX-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
StickY-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
CStickX-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>
CStickY-<offset>,<DeadZone>,<Radius>

<DeadZone> is a value in hex if the controller is up to that far from center nintendont will still send that the stick is centered to the game. It has a default value of 0 which is correct for most controllers.It should only need to be changed it the stick appears to be pulling in one direction. Prior versions had this hardcoded to 1A.

<Radius> is a percent applied to the value coming from the stick. Prior versions had this hardcoded to 100. It has a default value of 80 which is correct for most sticks. Most sticks produce values ranging from 00 to ff, the camecube controller only produces values of only about 80% of that. It only needs to be changed if your controller dosent produce values ranging from 00 to ff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game