Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works on my Wii but only while running games from my SD card. It did not work when I tried from my USB. It would just hang at the Connect Controller to Top USB.

The USB loader was broken a while ago. I am in the process of going through over 100+ revision to find out where. This will take some time.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The USB loader was broken a while ago. I am in the process of going through over 100+ revision to find out where. This will take some time.

And by broken you mean HID + USB(location of games) has been broken, because USB + Bluetooth(Wii U)/GameCube Controller Ports(Wii) has worked fine for since at least r219.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whoops! sorry about that, I missed something:
https://www.mediafire.com/?i4lk6tggx9dkt2q
That should work properly now and have rumble independant on all 4 ports.
Works great. Ignore my earlier comment about reset. I just looked at the config file and noticed the combination is different than the one used for GC ports. Using the combination in the ini file works.

Great.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works great. Ignore my earlier comment about reset. I just looked at the config file and noticed the combination is different than the one used for GC ports. Using the combination in the ini file works.

Awesome! So there we go, r228:
-added init code and rumble support for the wiiu gc adapter, thank you ToadKing for providing the magic numbers and GreyRogue for testing everything out

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you split the difference each time it should take 7 tries out of 100 versions to find where something broke. Still a bit of a hassle to do, so thanks for doing this.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you split the difference each time it should take 7 tries out of 100 versions to find where something broke. Still a bit of a hassle to do, so thanks for doing this.

The problem is that some revision work and others do not. For example, in my quick testing, I found that r215, r216, r218 and r222 work fine with USB + HID but the others from r214-r226 don't. It seems a bit random.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I do and the problem may exist way before r214 (The earliest I tested).

I'd help you but I've never gotten an HID device to work on my Wii or Wii U (besides the gamecube adapter using an SD card). I can offer some advice on how to find it though. Instead of going down by 1 revision each time, make some leaps by like 7 revisions or 10. So once you find one where HID works you can isolated it a few revisions instead of going through the entire list.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd help you but I've never gotten an HID device to work on my Wii or Wii U (besides the gamecube adapter using an SD card). I can offer some advice on how to find it though. Instead of going down by 1 revision each time, make some leaps by like 7 revisions or 10. So once you find one where HID works you can isolated it a few revisions instead of going through the entire list.

As I've stated, some revisions work fine with USB and HID while others don't. I need to find where it consistently works and then doesn't.

Out of 12 revisions I tested, 4 worked while the others didn't but the ones that worked were all over the place.

Bobbery18

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
-added init code and rumble support for the wiiu gc adapter, thank you ToadKing for providing the magic numbers and GreyRogue for testing everything out

Tried it with SD loading, and works great with the GC adapter (and rumble, too)! Kinda sad that USB loading is still broken, but glad there's some progress at least!

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

the rumble is still a bit buggy, every now and then it just keeps rumbling till you make a movement that causes a new rumble command (i was testing it with Smash Melee)

What settings do you use? I haven't been able to get the adapter working. Updated my loader to v2.228 and the controller files too. After launching a gcn game, my controller isn't being read

Are you loading through USB or SD? if its through USB thats why its not being read, since HID through USB is right now broken.

Reactions: deshayzilla

Eurasiam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the rumble is still a bit buggy, every now and then it just keeps rumbling till you make a movement that causes a new rumble command (i was testing it with Smash Melee)

Are you loading through USB or SD? if its through USB thats why its not being read, since HID through USB is right now broken.

Not sure if i should've edited my other post to respond. But i load my games through SD card. I used dios mios lite on my wii so I've stuck with it since. Also I have the black cable on the bottom usb port and the rumble on the top usb port. I read a few pages back that black should be on the bottom

strikerdark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if i should've edited my other post to respond. But i load my games through SD card. I used dios mios lite on my wii so I've stuck with it since.

ok then make sure to download the controller.ini file. You can do it from the Update command inside Nintendont. If that doesnt work, take a picture of your settings so we can see if there is anything wrong

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not sure if i should've edited my other post to respond. But i load my games through SD card. I used dios mios lite on my wii so I've stuck with it since. Also I have the black cable on the bottom usb port and the rumble on the top usb port. I read a few pages back that black should be on the bottom
the ports change depending on wii or wiiu

on wii is the top usb port for the black one while on the wiiu is the lower back port for the balck cable.

Linky97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All my games work except for Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO. Every time i start it the screen turns black and an annoying sound comes up. Btw it also freezes the Wii U. :/

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
All my games work except for Capcom Vs SNK 2 EO. Every time i start it the screen turns black and an annoying sound comes up. Btw it also freezes the Wii U. :/
Do you have Widescreen on? I remember people reported many times that this game doesn't support widescreen but I can't confirm.

btw I can't test but I been reading a lot of reports about Luigi's Mansion being broken, is this true? I have the NTSC version btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids +2