Hacking Nintendont

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this a few pages back but I fear it may have gone overlooked anyone know if this is possible: Can it be altered so that hitting the Right analog button in (Nintendo's equivalent of the R3 button) on the Wii U pro controller inverses the right analog stick's controls (similar to how hitting select alters the A/B/X/Y layout)? The reason I ask is the camera in Worms 3D is completely counter-intuitive, and you can't change the way it works in the options or anything like that. Would be really cool, if not that's cool, just thought I'd ask.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked this a few pages back but I fear it may have gone overlooked anyone know if this is possible: Can it be altered so that hitting the Right analog button in (Nintendo's equivalent of the R3 button) on the Wii U pro controller inverses the right analog stick's controls (similar to how hitting select alters the A/B/X/Y layout)? The reason I ask is the camera in Worms 3D is completely counter-intuitive, and you can't change the way it works in the options or anything like that. Would be really cool, if not that's cool, just thought I'd ask.

The devs will take requests more seriously when you donate. Otherwise you have to wait for them to do it on their own time

Reactions: AkiraCast

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs will take requests more seriously when you donate. Otherwise you have to wait for them to do it on their own time

That's legit, I'm pretty poor at the moment. I'm not demanding anything by any means, I'm just more curious, can what I'm requesting even be done?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Actually, this might be possible. I agree the fact where some games doesn't let us configure the X/Y axises. I am sure a simple code like the minus button did is doable. Unfortunately, I dunno how to proceed :P Let's hope someone who knows how to code (I could, but being such a noob, and having talent to break things won't help...) hahaha :)

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to look into the Fire Emblem issue that people were having and here were my results

Test 1: v2.162 froze/white screen before chapter 1 began, note that this was the screen right after you save
Test 2: v1.145 and it loaded chapter 1 no problem
Test 3: tested v2.162 again and it loaded chapter 1 perfectly

I wish people would test more thoroughly before claiming a game is completely broken. If the game has a small chance to crash RIGHT AFTER YOU SAVE then the game is pretty much 99% compatible

As I said, I experienced 5 crashes in a row during the chapter 1 intro on 2.162. Hardly seemed random, and it certainly seems quite broken. Broken enough that I'm playing the game with DML instead. That wasn't enough for me and I only changed its status to broken when seeing other reports of other users' inability to get past the chapter 1 intro, or in the case of 59 block memory cards, past the chapter 2 intro.

At the very least that degree of instability is well worth discussing, which is precisely why I brought it up here days ago. A 100% stable game is not worth talking about here, but a well-regarded game that remains moderately unstable at best most certainly is. Your suggestion that a hard crash that occurs just after a save point is somehow less important than other such crashes is not helpful as the distinction is insignificant from a development perspective. Your suggestion that the chance is small, on the other hand, is based on your three tests and disregards the experiences of a wealth of other users who have posted about it here and elsewhere. You lament the lack of thorough testing after declaring the game 99% after three tests? Laughable.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said, I experienced 5 crashes in a row during the chapter 1 intro on 2.162. Hardly seemed random, and it certainly seems quite broken. Broken enough that I'm playing the game with DML instead. That wasn't enough for me and I only changed its status to broken when seeing other reports of other users' inability to get past the chapter 1 intro, or in the case of 59 block memory cards, past the chapter 2 intro.

At the very least that degree of instability is well worth discussing, which is precisely why I brought it up here days ago. A 100% stable game is not worth talking about here, but a well-regarded game that remains moderately unstable at best most certainly is. Your suggestion that a hard crash that occurs just after a save point is somehow less important than other such crashes is not helpful as the distinction is insignificant from a development perspective. Your suggestion that the chance is small, on the other hand, is based on your three tests and disregards the experiences of a wealth of other users who have posted about it here and elsewhere. You lament the lack of thorough testing after declaring the game 99% after three tests? Laughable.

Considering I have been updating the compatibility list since December I have tested that game WAY more then 3 times. The problem seems to lean more toward either your how your drive is formatted or MCE. Some people do not experience any crashes at all on the game.

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I have been updating the compatibility list since December I have tested that game WAY more then 3 times. The problem seems to lean more toward either your how your drive is formatted or MCE. Some people do not experience any crashes at all on the game.

I'm skeptical of the former because both SD and HDDs with many different cluster sizes are affected, and of the latter because, as I'd think you would remember, people have reported in this thread of the chapter intro crash with MCE disabled.

I would say we truly have no idea.

Reactions: SuperrSonic

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm skeptical of the former because both SD and HDDs with many different cluster sizes are affected, and of the latter because, as I'd think you would remember, people have reported in this thread of the chapter intro crash with MCE disabled.

I would say we truly have no idea.

The crash log is there for this reason. if the devs are interested in fixing it then they can

Reactions: VinsCool

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The crash log is there for this reason. if the devs are interested in fixing it then they can

I have no idea what that has to do with anything I just said.

Anyway, I'm not still talking about Fire Emblem in hopes it will immediately be prioritized and made rock solid overnight, but because I don't want potential causes that aren't at all substantiated to be attached to its compatibility status, particularly the idea that it's an ISO or formatting problem which would be entirely the responsibility (i.e. fault) of the user.

None of us know why it isn't stable for so many users who are doing everything right, and it would be a boon for the pool of collective knowledge for someone who prides his compatibility-table-editing-since-December experience to accept that fact rather than attempt to minimize the matter because he himself doesn't seem to have too many issues with the game.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what that has to do with anything I just said.

Anyway, I'm not still talking about Fire Emblem in hopes it will immediately be prioritized and made rock solid overnight, but because I don't want potential causes that aren't at all substantiated to be attached to its compatibility status, particularly the idea that it's an ISO or formatting problem which would be entirely the responsibility (i.e. fault) of the user.

None of us know why it isn't stable for so many users who are doing everything right, and it would be a boon for the pool of collective knowledge for someone who prides his compatibility-table-editing-since-December experience to accept that fact rather than attempt to minimize the matter because he himself doesn't seem to have too many issues with the game.

You can also go back to v1.0 to see if the problem exist (v1.0 doesn't have much sound, be warned). Nobody reported any issues with the game until recently. Can't go earlier then v1.0 since they are removed from the internet :cry:

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This might have already been discussed but I couldn't find it anyway.

Also it may be early to tell since the adapter hasn't been released... but it would be really awesome, if nintendont supported the official wii u gamecube controller adapters. Does anybody know if there are any plans to add support?

I have another question. When using the Mayflash Gamecube controller adapter with nintendont, are the L/R triggers analog? (I know the GC controller has analog triggers but I mean does nintendont and the mayflash adapter treat them that way?)...

I hope so.

If so, can anybody link to the correct mayflash GC adapter.

Thanks,!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty sure I am... Tried every way possible. Does anyone else have a CCP that could help us testing this?
remenber on CCPro zR is gamecube equivalent of L and ZR is the GC equivalent of R to do an half R you need to maintain the ccpro L pressed while also pressing ZR you need the 2 pressed countinuasly

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure I am... Tried every way possible. Does anyone else have a CCP that could help us testing this?
I have a ccp and it works as intended in sunshine for me. I believe your pressing worng buttons.
The top left button acts as a shift key. It causes the bottom right or bottom left buttons to act half pressed when they are pressed while the top left button is being held, instead of fully pressed as they normally do. The side stepping occures when you press booth bottom buttons.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ccp and it works as intended in sunshine for me. I believe your pressing worng buttons.
The top left button acts as a shift key. It causes the bottom right or bottom left buttons to act half pressed when they are pressed while the top left button is being held, instead of fully pressed as they normally do. The side stepping occures when you press booth bottom buttons.

I see, thank you all for your feedback, I'm probably doing something wrong lol! But did some more testing, and decided to press each button and post here the results:

R (top right button): shoot water
ZR (bottom right button): map (island guide)
L (top left button): center camera behind Mario (kind of L targeting)
ZL (bottom left button): nothing happens

It seems that ZL and ZR are not acting as L and R buttons in the original GC controller for me... weird! As you can see the L button is already assigned, thus not being "free" to be used to trigger "half-pressed". I also tried to hold ZL (the only should button left that isn't assigned to anything) while shooting water.

I have to leave for work now, will test a bit more with other versions when I get back. Thanks again!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I see, thank you all for your feedback, I'm probably doing something wrong lol! But did some more testing, and decided to press each button and post here the results:

R (top right button): shoot water
ZR (bottom right button): map (island guide)
L (top left button): center camera behind Mario (kind of L targeting)
ZL (bottom left button): nothing happens

It seems that ZL and ZR are not acting as L and R buttons in the original GC controller for me... weird! As you can see the L button is already assigned, thus not being "free" to be used to trigger "half-pressed". I also tried to hold ZL (the only should button left that isn't assigned to anything) while shooting water.

I have to leave for work now, will test a bit more with other versions when I get back. Thanks again!
then your buttoms are swicthed 3rd party? adapter?

to do half R or half L just press ZL and R or L respectively, some 3rd party and adapters have switched out butoms

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switched my HDD and SD card over to my Wii U, loaded Wiiflow just fine and BAM Nintendont launched no issues! I'm surprised, normally there is some bump in the road that screws stuff up.

It's crazy to think I'm playing Tony Hawk 4 for Gamecube on the system that is 2 generations after it.

IDK how you guys don't have some crazy programming job and making millions of dollars. Thank you for all of the software that you guys (FIX94 and crediar) develop. If only you could teach the ways!

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

my son formatted the HDD to the Wii U

2 TB of data lost

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
switched my HDD and SD card over to my Wii U, loaded Wiiflow just fine and BAM Nintendont launched no issues! I'm surprised, normally there is some bump in the road that screws stuff up.

It's crazy to think I'm playing Tony Hawk 4 for Gamecube on the system that is 2 generations after it.

IDK how you guys don't have some crazy programming job and making millions of dollars. Thank you for all of the software that you guys (FIX94 and crediar) develop. If only you could teach the ways!

edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

my son formatted the HDD to the Wii U

2 TB of data lost

OUCH, bro, OUCH! I feel your pain. I'm still recovering from my 1TB lost due to the stupid Wii U force format. :( I hope you can recover your data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2