Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to look into the Fire Emblem issue that people were having and here were my results

Test 1: v2.162 froze/white screen before chapter 1 began, note that this was the screen right after you save
Test 2: v1.145 and it loaded chapter 1 no problem
Test 3: tested v2.162 again and it loaded chapter 1 perfectly

I wish people would test more thoroughly before claiming a game is completely broken. If the game has a small chance to crash RIGHT AFTER YOU SAVE then the game is pretty much 99% compatible

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ShadowOne333, your links are wrong, just copy paste the link in my and howards signature and replace the ones you got.
Also thanks VinsCool, I really appreciate it, helps out alot, you know as a poor student I need to be careful with money :)

Actually, that's what I did. O.O
I copied the links from both your signatures and those are the ones I used for the post.

I will change them just in case.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if you _click_ on the link it will automatically open up a session between you and paypal so posting something like that wont work, you actually need to right click directly on the "donate" and copy it out that way.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
if you _click_ on the link it will automatically open up a session between you and paypal so posting something like that wont work, you actually need to right click directly on the "donate" and copy it out that way.

Damnit, I just noticed that.
Yep I just did that and edited the links.
Hope it works well now.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to make Mario run while spraying water on a CCP? I tried to hold L while pressing ZR and it didn't work... Thanks!

PS. just donated to you guys FIX94 and Howard... thank you once again for all of your awesome work in Nintendont, it is highly appreciated!

Reactions: VinsCool

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to look into the Fire Emblem issue that people were having and here were my results

Test 1: v2.162 froze/white screen before chapter 1 began, note that this was the screen right after you save
Test 2: v1.145 and it loaded chapter 1 no problem
Test 3: tested v2.162 again and it loaded chapter 1 perfectly

I wish people would test more thoroughly before claiming a game is completely broken. If the game has a small chance to crash RIGHT AFTER YOU SAVE then the game is pretty much 99% compatible

I don't know if anyone has said completely broken but this game does give many ppl trouble, particularly after the chapter saves. I have been playing it on 2.157 with 59block VMC and have gotten to chapt 4 without a freeze. I had problems with it as well until r157 and a new save.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to make Mario run while spraying water on a CCP? I tried to hold L while pressing ZR and it didn't work... Thanks!

PS. just donated to you guys FIX94 and Howard... thank you once again for all of your awesome work in Nintendont, it is highly appreciated!
How is the ccp connected?
What version of Nintendont?

PS. Thanks for the donation

Reactions: VinsCool

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the ccp connected?
What version of Nintendont?

PS. Thanks for the donation

You're welcome!

It is connected throught a Wiimote Plus, and I'm running the lastest version of Nintendont on a Wii U. I also tested it with v2.157, with no success... Just a side note: when I press L, the game centers the camera behind Mario, acting as "L targeting". I also tried holding down ZL to make it work, also with no success.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're welcome!

It is connected throught a Wiimote Plus, and I'm running the lastest version of Nintendont on a Wii U. I also tested it with v2.157, with no success... Just a side note: when I press L, the game centers the camera behind Mario, acting as "L targeting". I also tried holding down ZL to make it work, also with no success.
The top and bottom trigger on the ccp are labled the reversed from how they are on a gamecube controller.
Press the bottom right button to shoot water while standing still. Press the top left button and the bottom right button to run while shooting water.

felipecabralf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The top and bottom trigger on the ccp are labled the reversed from how they are on a gamecube controller.
Press the bottom right button to shoot water while standing still. Press the top left button and the bottom right button to run while shooting water.
Um, I tried that as well, he can only walk sideways while shooting water I nstead of freely walking while shooing. It is kind of weird actually, don't remember being able to do that sidewalk water shooting when playing with my PS3 controller :blink:

Could it be a mapping issue? Because if the shoulder buttons are reversed, then I believe that the half-pressed button should be ZL (bottom right button) instead of L (since it is used in Sunshine for L Targeting)..

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Um, I tried that as well, he can only walk sideways while shooting water I nstead of freely walking while shooing. It is kind of weird actually, don't remember being able to do that sidewalk water shooting when playing with my PS3 controller :blink:

Could it be a mapping issue? Because if the shoulder buttons are reversed, then I believe that the half-pressed button should be ZL (bottom right button) instead of L (since it is used in Sunshine for L Targeting)..

Are you sure you are pressing the right buttons?

• Some ingame controller settings are available:
  • If you press "-" on your wiimote it will enable/disable rumble
  • If you press "-" on your classic controller/wiiu pro controller, it will change the control scheme to be rotated a quarter clockwise or back to the original control scheme
  • If you hold "L" on your classic controller/wiiu pro controller, your inputs on ZL/ZR will be used as half pressed L and R buttons ingame
source: first page.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Would it be fair to say that the original Wii Classic Controller is a better option than the Classic Controller Pro or the WiiU Pro Controller due to featuring analogue triggers?

I briefly considered buying a WiiU Pro Controller, but it seems like a backwards step.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be fair to say that the original Wii Classic Controller is a better option than the Classic Controller Pro or the WiiU Pro Controller due to featuring analogue triggers?

I briefly considered buying a WiiU Pro Controller, but it seems like a backwards step.

Well, apart of the analog triggers (which works great in nintendont) A WiiU pro controller is better as it is completely wireless.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seems to me that analogue triggers is no trivial matter though, right? Less trivial than fully wireless, arguably.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to me that analogue triggers is no trivial matter though, right? Less trivial than fully wireless, arguably.

Right. Analog is more an "optionnal" feature in this case. A fully wireless controller is more convenient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse