PSP 1001 or PSP 1010??

Discussion in 'PSP - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ridgecity, Jan 8, 2007.

Jan 8, 2007

PSP 1001 or PSP 1010?? by ridgecity at 9:11 PM (1,302 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ridgecity
    OP

Member ridgecity GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mexico
    I'm buying a PSP today for homebrew, but I have 2 choices a core pack with model 1001 and a Fifa 07 pack with model 1010... which is sounds better to you?

2. bakhalishta

Member bakhalishta my teef hurt

Canada
    As long as it's firmware 1.00 to 2.80, you should be good [​IMG]

3. delta123

Member delta123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    get a core pack. it's more likly that the mother board will be ta-79 - ta-82 so to allow you to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.03 OE-A

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    check the side of the box and look for the letter under the voltage rating, if its K or lower you are good to go, higher means no downgrading [​IMG]

5. kristianity77

Member kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    I am for the first time consiering getting a PSP now that PSX emulation has come along courtesy of Dark Alex. But with so much homebrew flying about, so many custom installs of firmware, it all looks complicated! I mean with my DS it was get a M3, get a Passkey 2, flash it, ditch the passkey and i was away. It all looks so much harder with PSP, is it?

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    no its pretty easy, you just have to read some tutorials so you know what you're doing.

1. Get a psp with letter K or lower (This is a psp with version 2.71 or lower)
    2. Check if you have the ta-082 motherboard (search at google for 'ta-082' to seee a picture of it)
    3. Find the downgrader for the motherboard/firmware version you have and read the readme file 3 times and watch some youtube videos of other people downgrading their psp to 1.50
    4. When your psp is at version 1.50 you need to install 3.03 OE-A' (custom firmware)
    5. Put some converted psx games in PSP/Game and enjoy your psp [​IMG]

7. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    Thanks a lot guys for replying. This was a very long day and choices choices choices! I decided for the value pack model 1001 it has the ta-082 motherboard with 2.71, the other one was probably a ta-086 and after coming to grips with owning a PSP (AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!) being a Nintendo loyal, I decided to flash it, so first I got the 1.50 downgrader, then when to 3.02oe-A and then to 3.02oe-b. Now I'm trying to convert my PSX games to isos for the Psp. This was a crashtest course day, and got my feet wet and all this to get a retro fix! Due to that same retro fix I have, I also got Ultimate Ghost's & Goblins, If Nintendo owned this machine it would have been better protected from hackers, but It wouldn't be necessary to flash due to Nintendo's great ips... I still have a month for hardware failure whatever happens.... It has a dead pixel but they are not visible anyways (At least not for a 27 year old pair of eyes!)... talks for the help... Now I have the Ultimate emulator console, but I still don't think it's worth more than $100 bucks, but worth it if you can't stop fighting for the DS with the family!

8. ridgecity
    OP

Mexico
    Ok, now I have a new question: Is it safe to delete the update from the memory stick? in the game folder?