Hacking Nintendont

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my Wii U pushed back under my tv so I have to pull it out every time I want to test with Nintendont

you could temporarily use a surge protector or something with a switch on it to help make it a little easier to unplug it, that is what I had to do until i found out that you could hold the power button in to turn it off

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
you could temporarily use a surge protector or something with a switch on it to help make it a little easier to unplug it, that is what I had to do until i found out that you could hold the power button in to turn it off

I tried holding power button, and the Wii U did not power off, I think the power-button is software controlled.
However holding the power button on the Wii will power off the console.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is if not even the reset button on the controls work, it might mean that the nintendont kernel itself has crashed so there'd be nothing to watch the power button and reset the console since it's the same thing that's already watching the control power button.

Bugger, that's what I was afraid of, still, it's a pain to have to hold B to get back to the vWii menu. That's all.

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried holding power button, and the Wii U did not power off, I think the power-button is software controlled.
However holding the power button on the Wii will power off the console.
I was only making a SUGGESTION to adeka so it would make it easier so he wouldn't have to move the WII U every time he was testing nintendont that was all

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v1.32
Add support for japanese font.
-Use either ipl.bin or font_sjis.bin

Fixes Nintendo Puzzle Collection-Yoshi's Cookie. The only import game I own. I still can't believe Nintendo released Dr Mario online RX as a 2 player game, when they had this 4 player version available.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks to all who made it possible :)

By the way, could someone test my cache.txt for zelda windwaker ntsc ? right now, it looks like it works, and my load times seems faster too :P

Attachments

• cache.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: Oishikatta

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a question guys.
Will Nintendont be able to auto-select between "font_ansi.bin" and "font_sjis.bin" base on game title ID's 4th value <J,E or P>?
Or will we have to manually change it when individual games require it. In other word; In the future, can we have both .bin files in the SD/USB root or does Nintendont only search one at a time.
Sorry I have not been able to dig into r32.

iwantpizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

By the way, could someone test my cache.txt for zelda windwaker ntsc ? right now, it looks like it works, and my load times seems faster too :P

Will certainly test when I get home and have access to my equipment.
This project is moving at lighting speed now.
So much excitement!
:yay:
Not enough time...
:cry:

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Have a question guys.
Will Nintendont be able to auto-select between "font_ansi.bin" and "font_sjis.bin" base on game title ID's 4th value <J,E or P>?
Or will we have to manually change it when individual games require it. In other word; In the future, can we have both .bin files in the SD/USB root or does Nintendont only search one at a time.
Sorry I have not been able to dig into r32.

From what I see in the code, it already reads the right file on its own. So I'd say it's safe to have both .bin files in the root.

Would you mind giving a bit more of detail on how did you choose what files to cache? I see some files are in a folder PHOTO but i'm not sure what they are, and that you cached what seems to be mostly the special maps you can find in the game for treasures and stuff, even three audio files that are probably from the Jail island.

Sorry, I don't mean to criticize you but without some kind of detailed explanation it just seems like you randomly picked a few files in an attempt to cache everything you could without going over the limit.

Edit: also, it could be because my iso is a PAL version, but in Dolphin I can see there are several folders inside /res/placename/ but no files, but the cache.txt lists a bunch of bti files in there (for example res/placename/pn_02.bti)

Reactions: iwantpizza

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I looked in the iso, and I chosed what looked menu files and some small files from what looked like important files too, it is just a test by the way ;)
Edit: I don't know if there are differences between pal and ntsc, probably some files aren't the same too.

Would you mind giving a bit more of detail on how did you choose what files to cache? I see some files are in a folder PHOTO but i'm not sure what they are, and that you cached what seems to be mostly the special maps you can find in the game for treasures and stuff, even three audio files that are probably from the Jail island.

What you said by jail island ? O.o I looked to me some audio libs... and the maps files are text messages from menu and inventory, name places and objects from the game , as far I understood... But I can be wrong too :P

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, I looked in the iso, and I chosed what looked menu files and some small files from what looked like important files too, it is just a test by the way ;)
Edit: I don't know if there are differences between pal and ntsc, probably some files aren't the same too.

I see, well, i understand it's only a test. It's just that I wouldn't really care about caching the menu files (if you mean the pause menu), it's not that slow and rarely used during most of the game, except for setting up the items to shortcuts or checking on the songs. Since caching is to dedicate some memory space to have a quicker access to stuff that could affect the overall experience while playing, I'd try to cache things that are used more often or at points when the game is obviously slower; and not waste memory on things that won't have any incidence on gameplay.

But since I can't check what files are used frequently, until someone explains how to do it, then I'll just leave it there for now lol. Kudos to you for going the hard way and testing, though. :lol:

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks :P also I am playing with nintendont 1.33 and everythings runs well :P And yes, unless Someone could show us how to see wich files are used more often, I could try to make a better cache.txt lol xD

demi_du

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm guessing nobody really uses the Mayflash WiiU Pro Controller Adapter apart from me lol
anyway theres a small problem with it and the latest builds

the adapter doesn't let you sync the pad till nintendont initiates the HID but because the pad is not connected to the adapter you get the controller.ini doesn't match error and nintendont shuts down

any chance of adding a small delay to give it time to connect before it shuts downs would be a big help

anybody can help?

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks :P also I am playing with nintendont 1.33 and everythings runs well :P And yes, unless Someone could show us how to see wich files are used more often, I could try to make a better cache.txt lol xD

Crediar: One cache.txt can have 220 file entries, you have one cache.txt per game.

Over time people will probably create lists but for now if you want to make one the best way would be to use FST mode and then display what files are being loaded.

I think dolphin can also show what files are loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...