Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Spe 5 2021
firmware 58.25.32

Everyting was working until I tried to play Paper Mario Thousand year door for the first time and it froze upon loading. Now even after running decaffinator and resetting/re homebrewing, all my GC games freeze upon launch from home menu since nintendont can't open the hard drive that was working fine when last I tried.
maybe some of your nintendont files got corrupted? try deleting everything nintendont related and getting them again.

ninconfig.bin (root of the sd card)

nintendont apps folder (delete everything from boot.dol to xml and redownload)

check the saves folder for any wierd savefile like 0kb one

Make sure your sd card is unlocked.

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Forget last edit, i saw this threat applies for Nintendont on Wii and Wii U.

Which is the last version to Wii? I had installed v6.496 in my Wii

Last edited by Trip_Away,

Pat00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe some of your nintendont files got corrupted? try deleting everything nintendont related and getting them again.

ninconfig.bin (root of the sd card)

nintendont apps folder (delete everything from boot.dol to xml and redownload)

check the saves folder for any wierd savefile like 0kb one

Make sure your sd card is unlocked.
Appreciate it. All is right again

kbell917

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the button combo for resetting a game changed? I tried R+Z+START multiple times and it doesn’t work. Or do certain games like fire emblem PoR disable resets/have it’s own reset button combo?

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A few questions that have come up regarding Nintendont. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it. I have a few games that won't install properly and just go to black screen and console shutdown (namely Mario Kart Double Dash, Tetris Worlds and Mario Smash Football - all games I'd ideally love to get working).

I've tried disabling certain settings like widescreen and progressive but this didn't work (although, admittedly, I'm not even sure if the settings changes were applied since I changed them via the injector, not from Nintendont itself). Also, changing settings from the injector is very fiddly and requires removing the SD card from the Wii U and plugging it into the laptop, which means it takes more time than it should to test things out.

Hopefully, if I can get some answers here I might be able to figure out why these games aren't working.

1. How do I save global settings so that they will stay the same for each game?
2. Beyond that, is there a way to save settings per-game, so that they are remembered and recalled each time you load that particular game?
3. Regarding the above, I've been told that Nintendont doesn't actually save settings at all, which is baffling. Does this mean that they must be configured every time you load a game? If not, then can someone please explain how the Nintendont settings work because I seem to have gotten the wrong impression.
3. How do I specify a small individual memory card for each game instead of a global, large memory card which may cause issues?
4. Can I load Nintendont as a standalone app from Wii U instead of vWii? If so, how? If not, why?
5. Does anyone have experience of certain games black-screening, or crashing in general? Any advice would be much appreciated.
6. Is Nintendont considered legacy now or is it still being developed?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First is to make sure that the ISOs are 1:1 and the MD5 hash matches redump.org.

Then use the home-brew channel in vWii to launch Nintendont to make sure the game does indeed work.

Nintendont does save current settings on the device that the ISOs are stored on. I don't remember the name of that file.

Willicious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First is to make sure that the ISOs are 1:1 and the MD5 hash matches redump.org.

OK, thanks. How can I check if the ISOs are 1:1? And where can I find the MD5 tag?

Then use the home-brew channel in vWii to launch Nintendont to make sure the game does indeed work.

Does the vWii have to be running CFW for this to work? Ideally I didn't want to mod the vWii as well, but... it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to.

Nintendont does save current settings on the device that the ISOs are stored on. I don't remember the name of that file.

I think it's nincfg.bin, and I'm pretty sure it gets stored on the SD card. The ISOs are on my PC, but I have been told I'm supposed to have one on the SD card as well. I'm not entirely sure I understand why, but I'm learning.

If so, does anyone know if these settings are global? If so, can these settings be set and saved per-game? Turning off progressive mode for the sake of one or two incompatible titles seems like such a shame. If these configurations could be set for each game that would be ideal.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to check the MD5 hash:
https://portal.nutanix.com/page/documents/kbs/details?targetId=kA07V000000LWYqSAO

nincfg.bin needs to be in the root directory of the device where the ISOs are stored. These settings are global when using Nintendont to launch games. Deleting this file resets all settings so you can start with defaults.

I believe there is a way to launch the vWii Homebrew Channel in Wii U mode but I haven't used my Wii U in quite some time. I'm sure someone can answer that part.

I wouldn't mess with injects until you can get games running through the vWii Nintendont first.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A few questions that have come up regarding Nintendont. If anyone can shed any light on this, I'd really appreciate it. I have a few games that won't install properly and just go to black screen and console shutdown (namely Mario Kart Double Dash, Tetris Worlds and Mario Smash Football - all games I'd ideally love to get working).

I've tried disabling certain settings like widescreen and progressive but this didn't work (although, admittedly, I'm not even sure if the settings changes were applied since I changed them via the injector, not from Nintendont itself). Also, changing settings from the injector is very fiddly and requires removing the SD card from the Wii U and plugging it into the laptop, which means it takes more time than it should to test things out.

Hopefully, if I can get some answers here I might be able to figure out why these games aren't working.

1. How do I save global settings so that they will stay the same for each game?
2. Beyond that, is there a way to save settings per-game, so that they are remembered and recalled each time you load that particular game?
3. Regarding the above, I've been told that Nintendont doesn't actually save settings at all, which is baffling. Does this mean that they must be configured every time you load a game? If not, then can someone please explain how the Nintendont settings work because I seem to have gotten the wrong impression.
3. How do I specify a small individual memory card for each game instead of a global, large memory card which may cause issues?
4. Can I load Nintendont as a standalone app from Wii U instead of vWii? If so, how? If not, why?
5. Does anyone have experience of certain games black-screening, or crashing in general? Any advice would be much appreciated.
6. Is Nintendont considered legacy now or is it still being developed?
install a nintendont solo forwarder then launch the games through the sd card and see if they work, on the fowarder you can check and change settings at will by pressing x/1 change what you want and then repress x/1 to go back to the game list and test if the games are going to work before making an inject.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/09qa...28Forwarder%29_%5B00050000101999FE%5D.7z/file

put your isos on the sd card path must be
sd:games/anyname/game.iso

for isntance windwaker i have
sd:games/windwaker/game.iso

leon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dusted off my Wii U and wanted to play some GC games on it.
When I go the route:

Wii u -> Wii mode -> Homebrew Channel -> Nintendont I can perfectly play my GC games, but I can´t control the games with my gamepad (the wii u tablet)

Now every forwarder i tried (Nintendont forwarder, making my own with Teconmoon) turns into a horrible mess. I see for half a second the nintendont screen, but then it turns red, some weird text apperas and the whole screen turns completely red.

Can someone help me?

Reactions: SaulFabre

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go the route:

Wii u -> Wii mode -> Homebrew Channel -> Nintendont I can perfectly play my GC games, but I can´t control the games with my gamepad (the wii u tablet)

Now every forwarder i tried (Nintendont forwarder, making my own with Teconmoon) turns into a horrible mess. I see for half a second the nintendont screen, but then it turns red, some weird text apperas and the whole screen turns completely red.

Can someone help me?
you need a forwarder that asks if you want to use the gamepad. gamepad controls are listed as wiidrc, the drc is the internal name Nintendo used for the gamepad.

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
When I go the route:

Can someone help me?
Grab ModMii by @XFlak, enter to the ModMii Forwarder Builder section, make a SD/USB forwarder v12 targeting apps/nintendont/boot.dol (or the path where you have stored the boot.dol for Nintendont), then inject the resulting DOL using this mod of TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector by timefox, by enabling cafe2wii patching and with GamePad support.

For know how to make a DOL forwarder, read the THIRD STEP – MAKING THE DOL FORWARDER WITH meta.xml SUPPORT section on this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ls-of-your-favorite-retro-games-d-wii.602640/

A complete tutorial for make Wii U forwarders for vWii homebrew by @Trudes can be found here: (if using for inject DOL forwarders from ModMii, follow steps 8, 9 and 10) https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...for-any-vwii-homebrew-gamepad-support.614406/

Reactions: XFlak

leon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the link, but this one also results in a red screen.
Grab ModMii by @XFlak, enter to the ModMii Forwarder Builder section, make a SD/USB forwarder v12 targeting apps/nintendont/boot.dol (or the path where you have stored the boot.dol for Nintendont), then inject the resulting DOL using this mod of TeconMoon's WiiVC Injector by timefox, by enabling cafe2wii patching and with GamePad support.

For know how to make a DOL forwarder, read the THIRD STEP – MAKING THE DOL FORWARDER WITH meta.xml SUPPORT section on this tutorial: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...ls-of-your-favorite-retro-games-d-wii.602640/

A complete tutorial for make Wii U forwarders for vWii homebrew by @Trudes can be found here: (if using for inject DOL forwarders from ModMii, follow steps 8, 9 and 10) https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...for-any-vwii-homebrew-gamepad-support.614406/
I will try this out. ModMii seems right now a little bit overwhelming, I have to fight myself through this.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for the link, but this one also results in a red screen.

I will try this out. ModMii seems right now a little bit overwhelming, I have to fight myself through this.
never heard of a red screen what are you trying to do? where are your games? are you forcing videomodes that your tv doesnt like? what nintendont version does it show on your top left corner? maybe your using old one that doesnt support wiiuvc inject.

Reactions: godreborn

leon23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
never heard of a red screen what are you trying to do? where are your games? are you forcing videomodes that your tv doesnt like? what nintendont version does it show on your top left corner? maybe your using old one that doesnt support wiiuvc inject.
When I had this problem my first time I found a youtube video toward this, but I can´t seem to find it anymore.
But at the end of the "process" the Wii u gamepad and the hdmi output shows a completely red screen.

What I am trying to do is play a GC game from USB stick or SD card with the gamepad.
Since it works by starting from vwii I do not think my monitor has a problem.
Version 6.498 (Wii U).

Just realized, that the vwii version works from the USB-stick, but not the sd card. Therefore I try to make a backup and reformat my sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-