Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    United Kingdom
    More specifically, the GCN Controller Adapter only supports HID (for controllers) and not the GBA link protocol. Nothing's impossible about what was asked, but you would need to implement support in Nintendont, and have the hardware you'd need to connect a GBA to a USB port.

Incredibly esoteric when you could just buy a Wii. And a Gamecube controller, for the time being. They're pretty cheap, and so are the component cables for them. (Not like the Gamecube!)

bikerspade likes this.
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    like he said wiiu gc adapter only sends controller signals so it doesnt send anything the gba link cable does so yeah no connection can be made on wiiu.

N7Kopper likes this.
  3. Camptain0

Camptain0 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    United States
    I'm having a problem using a GC controller adapter (mayflash, not official) with Nintendont. I've been using nintendont to launch games from the Wii U menu using WiiVC and it's worked flawlessly so far. I was able to use my GC controller adapter and I didnt have any problems for the past two months or so. Only starting today, I noticed that when I try to launch a gamecube game from the Wii U menu while the adapter is plugged in, it will just stay on a black screen, and I cant even turn off the Wii U. Not by pressing or holding the power button for a long time.

If I try and just launch the game with it unplugged and using the Gamepad, it works fine. I wouldnt really mind this, but I cant cant multiplayer games very easily with just the gamepad, and Mario Sunshine is a lot harder to play without the analog triggers. Anyone know what might cause this?

Only change that I might be able to think of is my switch to a 500GB HDD to store my games on, which of course uses a Y-cable. But I cant remember whether or not I was able to use my GC adapter with it before.

4. Crazynoob458

Crazynoob458 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 7, 2019
    Australia
    I like the thing of nintendont im buying an adapter for use for my switch pro controller
    But the forwarder is crap it looked like a 5 year old made it but other than that it good

5. PainToad

PainToad GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2007
    All these years later this is happening to me. Bug remains or just me?

6. elenarguez

elenarguez GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    I have a little problem with Tales of Symphonia PAL.
    I tried to force the video to PAL60 and it starts, but after the introduction gives me black screen. On the wiki I read that the game runs at 50 hz and it is not possible to force it but I discovered in another forum that by a code of cheat can force 60 but such cheat code only works in the German and not in other languages. Is it possible to run this game at 60hz? I'll have to use hexadecimal and change certain values, won't I? I'm very interested, but if this isn't going to lead to anything, I'll set it aside.

Last edited by elenarguez, Nov 11, 2019
    alexander1970 likes this.
  7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i can use my ps3 controllers just fine, you may need to delete a controller.ini that is on the root of your usb or sd and let nintendont handle it it may have become corrupt, also make sure your running latest nintendont.

8. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

Did you use NINTENDONT on Wii or vWii (WiiU) ?

For the Wii in the USBLoaderGX Settings for the Game you can choose PAL60.This works with the English Version (GQSPAF).

Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  9. elenarguez

elenarguez GBAtemp Regular

Jun 14, 2018
    Spain
    On Wii
    My version is GQSSAF. I'm going to try to force from settings and I'll tell if it works this way, thanks alex ^_^

alexander1970 likes this.
  10. Zap2000

Zap2000 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 19, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Do u need a hacked vwii to use nintendont?

I have a hacked wii would it run nintendont the same or not as better as a wii u?

11. Camptain0

Camptain0 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2013
    United States
    Your vWii doesn't need to be hacked if you use the WiiVC injector/forwarder, but I dont know whether it works better or not. For what its worth, load times for me are better on Wii U than back when I tried playing GC backups on my Wii years and years ago.

12. TheChosen

TheChosen Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2017
    Germany

Currently a WiiU can´t run "Nintendon`t"-games faster than a Wii/gamecube-dude. That is because you need to patch your games in order to make use of the faster processor.

So yes, your Wii would run them the same/nearly the same speed now since Gamecube-games are hard to patch them to work with higher fps than what they were intended to run at originally (50/60 hz).

13. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    how to make rumble work on the gamepad? its necessary for a game a i am playing.

14. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    you cant, the wiiu gamepad is coded by nintendo as an original CC wich does not rumble.

15. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    it does rumble though, and coded by nintendo isn't an obstacle to veteran coders.

16. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @Nimrod-002 Pedro knows his stuff, you would need to write and sign your gamepad firmware for it to work, I think Fix94 wrote something about it a while ago.
    And getting the signing key is really involved so it's just not worth it even for those that keep the wii u scene alive.

N7Kopper likes this.
  17. freddyhooge

freddyhooge Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2010
    Netherlands
    @ Home
    I have troubles with getting nintendont working again.
    It has worked, but unfortunitly some of the ios in the vwii has beem changed and now nintendont doesnt recognise sd and usb anymore after startup the app.
    Homebrew isnt present anymore in the vwii console, and wuphax doesnt seem to do anything either....
    Has somebody any idea how to fix this?
    How can i reinstall ios58 ?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted