Hacking Nintendont

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
very unlikely indeed, crediar some years back made a nintendont triforce branch that had network stuff described but that seems to be long gone, maybe if somebody cloned it and still has a copy around I can look at that at some much later time, I probably wont look at that right away, this at the moment is difficult enough.
@FIX94: Maybe, it might be worth contacting them... if they're still around. :unsure:

EDIT: I don't know if this, might possibly be worth looking at? Whether or not, it would be useful to you at all.
As it's crediar's last ever commit on the triforce-branch for Dolphin Emulator from back in 27/1/2014.

Also... This is the original Tweet that they posted (from what i can guess, was at the time Nintendont was in early development):

Though, it would be nice to see triforce arcade support finished on Dolphin... some day...

Last edited by LWares87,
Reactions: KiiWii

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@FIX94 To use a usb keyboard I simply have to turn off the native controllers and plug in my keyboard to usb? Do I also need to change something in the controllers folder?
that should be everything to do, as long as it supports a standard keyboard boot protocol, nintendont should notice it and allow it to be used in pso.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
pic 1.) im trying to play Doshin The Giant(EUR) on Nintendont, and this is what happens, the screen rappidly scrolls down repeatedly in black and white. im having other problems as well with the button combos (R+Z+B+Down) not working when i want to exit a game (this happens on both vanilla Nintendont and the MasterMod version.)

pic 2.) MasterMod will not play games at all, it gives me an error and i dont know what to do. please help!
take a picture of your nintendont settings and post it here.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That is most likely happening because the EU game uses PAL and the TV doesn't support it. Forcing output to NTSC should fix it.
dsi exception doesnt have to due with the video tough since he showed that too, but yeah people still forget to this days most tvs dont support all formats, specialy older formats, im glad my old hd lcd supports everything from 240p to 1080p and all pal and ntsc formats too xD.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: Alexander1970

zantzue

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried Mario Kart on LAN. The consoles see each other but I get a connection error immediately. I'm trying to play on 2 PAL Wii U consoles from SD card by usinf Wi-fi.

Edit: I changed my router's config from 300Mbps to 54Mbps and now it works!

Last edited by zantzue,

tweakminded

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94 any chance of fixing the stick drift issues on the SSBU GameCube pads? Happens to both sticks unless native control is turned on, however on the Wii U that's not a possibility.

Edit:
It's issue #625 on the issue tracker. akimasa made a build in the comment section that fixed the left stick but not the right. So hopefully it's an easy addition to make. Otherwise everything else feels perfect and feature complete for me.

Last edited by tweakminded,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Is there a way to force the PAL BIOS (IPL) to not be skipped on Wii U?
Changing a part of the code that does it manually and building it manually lke that?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to force the PAL BIOS (IPL) to not be skipped on Wii U?
Changing a part of the code that does it manually and building it manually lke that?
the bios is skipped becuase wiiu cant show the bios correctly if you mak it show up it will be garbled mess and will turn any game after it into a garbled mess, wiiu does not support the resolution of the pal bios signal it just cracks and shows like 3 shadows of them one all messed up and when the game starts it will be stuck on that resolution with 3 things over it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I know that it doesn't show it correctly, I want to test and look around somethigns with how the console is acting to that resolution and I think that the PAL BIOS is the only know one to use it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that it doesn't show it correctly, I want to test and look around somethigns with how the console is acting to that resolution and I think that the PAL BIOS is the only know one to use it?
You would have to modify the source code to not skip it but it is pointless since it doesn't work on Wii U. Or just get a Wii.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
just get an older nintendont version where it didnt skip it, its that easy if you want it.

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because the ports don't exist on the Wii U.
More specifically, the GCN Controller Adapter only supports HID (for controllers) and not the GBA link protocol. Nothing's impossible about what was asked, but you would need to implement support in Nintendont, and have the hardware you'd need to connect a GBA to a USB port.

Incredibly esoteric when you could just buy a Wii. And a Gamecube controller, for the time being. They're pretty cheap, and so are the component cables for them. (Not like the Gamecube!)

Reactions: bikerspade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1