Nintendont

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by sabykos, Jun 10, 2013.

1. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hello.:)

I played it for about 30 Minutes from the SD Card without any sign of freezes or slowdowns or something.I have used the NTSC Version.
    Tried the Ruby Cup to the last Race,there I give up after 7 times of "Track leaving"....:wacko:
    First Race from Sapphire Cup and Emerald Cup.All ok.

I do not know anything from Nintendont and vWii/WiiU there for I sadly can not give you further advices or Hints,I am sorry.:(

Last edited by alexander1970, Sep 3, 2019
  2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    unlock read speed should always be off for better compat same for any forcing or stuff like width and such.

everything off or auto except mc emu is the best compatibility, your hdd being 3.0 maybe that can be an issue, i bet if you use your sd card it will work perfectly, also you sure your iso is 1:1? md5 confirmed with redump?

alexander1970 likes this.
  3. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London
    I used a compatible drive listed in the wiki, and it works perfectly with all other GC and Triforce games. Anyway, I tried moving the game to the SD card and it actually works perfectly, for now at least. (I completed 10 laps in practice mode without any issues.)
    Like I said, all hashes (md5, crc31 and sha-1) are verified against redump.org, I did not trim, compress or otherwise modify the ISO in any way after that.

Anyways, thanks for the help!

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    sometimes some games are very very picky and your drive might give the info too fast or too slow and if they are extremely picky they fail.

5. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
  6. Masana

Masana Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    France
    Akorax and alexander1970 like this.
  7. k-Pi

k-Pi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2017
    United States
    Flagstaff, AZ
    you can, you just make a new folder and name it the version you put in it.

i have the vanilla Nintendont and MasterMod versions.
    root:/apps/Nintendont
    root:/apps/Nintendont - MasterMod

Alex4nder001 likes this.
  8. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
  9. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    Works great with a wii u with the network adapter and dolphin when you are finally at the network adapter settings menu in windows 10 and did the stuff according to the dolphin guide.
    They are such f***ing a**holes to not even list this settings menu in the windows search anymore and you have to navigate through those disgusting Windows 10 menus that have nothing of use in them.

This build of nintendont doesn't seem to like the wiivc injects though so you have to use an sd card or fat32 usb drive.

Last edited by Wuigi, Sep 7, 2019
  10. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    well yes this beta build is based on a nintendont version from 3 years ago when I first attempted and failed to get bba emulation working, so features such as wiiu vc are missing from it. I will obviously get to a point of porting it into mainline nintendont at some point in the future.
    Oh also, that beta is slightly updated now to also support kirby air ride and 1080 avalanche, if anyone wants to try those. For me kirby runs pretty well but 1080 has an awful connection, no idea if thats due to me running on wifi or what yet.

DragonBoy, DarthDub and alexander1970 like this.
  11. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 14, 2012
    Germany
    @FIX94 Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything with the inject stuff.
    I already knew it wasn't based on the latest version judging by the meta.xml, I simply wanted to help people who want to join in on the bleeding edge stuff, I never doubted how you plan on releasing this cool new feature.

12. k-Pi

k-Pi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2017
    United States
    Flagstaff, AZ
    i ran into a problem when turning on the Auto-Boot feature in Master Mod, and didnt know that it would auto-boot the selected game and not the SD/USB storage. i tried the R+Z+B+Down button combo, but it seems to not work when Auto-Boot is active. im unable to return to the Nintendont screen and unable to turn the function off. really stumped about this.

13. NEZ8

NEZ8 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 15, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Is there a working link for the Nintendont forwarder for Wii? The link in the guide is broken.

14. alexander1970

alexander1970 GBAtemp allows me to be here

Nov 8, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
  15. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    today I finished up getting all my changes into the current nintendont core so wiivc is now totally playable with bba emulation too in the latest beta.
    https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/144#issuecomment-531524265
    I am still not quite done with stuff of course, games like PSO are still not patched in any way, I'll get to that in the next little bit, the last few days have been just thinking about various things and getting everything properly ported.

ccfman2004, Troopage, KiiWii and 3 others like this.
  16. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    Is the internet part restricted to Wi-Fi only since it's Wii VC?

17. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    honestly? I have no clue, I was surprised to see it connected to my wifi at all, and since I dont have any usb lan adapter to test I could not tell you. Though honestly I wouldnt be surprised if it worked, the only thing with wii vc is that it wraps around usb drives, but not controllers, so I assume it also wouldnt wrap around lan adapters either.

depaul likes this.
  18. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Afaik WiFi doesn't woork on WiiVC.
    Or maybe I did it wrong, but I remember trying Black Ops injected and it wouldn't go online at all.

19. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    its probably a thing with blackops cause its special IOS57 case, wiivc only has one "generic" IOS thats close to 58 that cant be reloaded, as said I played mario kart on my wiiu with gamepad controls no problem in lan mode against my wii yesterday, it just worked exactly as you would hope it would.

DarthDub, ShadowOne333 and huma_dawii like this.
  20. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 GBAtemp Guru

Jan 17, 2013
    Mexico
    Ah you're right, I forgot Black Ops uses a specific IOS for it.
    Might explain why it didn't work for me.