Hacking Nintendont

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just saw that on the wishlist and checked out the issue, found a fix for it:
-added a patch for Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO NTSC to work with force progressive
so to the people from that wishlist, I checked sonic mega collection and didnt notice any audio delay going on, also I watched the interview in megaman anniversary collection, 25 minutes and didnt have a single audio problem whatsoever.
You are the best dev ever! Thank you so much! I'll remove that stuff from the wishlist. :D
Nintendont Wishlist
  • "Stretch Underscan" setting
  • Swiss' widescreen sprite/text patching
  • Larger memory card support for Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Workaround for the menu's videomode, so PAL users with RGB cable can watch it with colours instead of everything in red.
  • Ability to take screenshots
  • Home menu
  • More controller and adapter support
  • Better framerate in some parts of some games
  • N64 support (New app)

goncalodoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so to the people from that wishlist, I checked sonic mega collection and didnt notice any audio delay going on, also I watched the interview in megaman anniversary collection, 25 minutes and didnt have a single audio problem whatsoever.
Is it possible to fix Sonic R in Sonic gems collection widescreen problem? When using force widescreen it shows some weird glitches.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having problems getting my fake WiiU pro controller to work with nintendont, I know people will say, it's a clone just get an official one and move on and normally I would agree, but the problem is I CAN get it to work (some of the time) I think it comes down to the timing when I press the A Button on the controller after the initial nintendont screen dissapears?

I will say the controller works fine in UsbloaderGX (as long as it's synced to player one) so loading a Gc game from nintendont must switch off the controller and re-sync when nintendont loads a game? Is it possible to keep a controller synced between the loading of apps?

I think the controller seems to re-sync two or three times before a gc games actually loads but I dont know if thats going to help anything :)

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to fix Sonic R in Sonic gems collection widescreen problem? When using force widescreen it shows some weird glitches.
I can add it to the wishlist for now, but there are no guarantees it will get looked at.
Nintendont Wishlist
  • "Stretch Underscan" setting
  • Swiss' widescreen sprite/text patching
  • Larger memory card support for Ultimate Spider-Man
  • Fix for glitches occurring when forcing widescreen in Sonic R from the Sonic Gems Collection
  • Fix for the menu's video mode, so PAL users with RGB cable have colors instead of everything in red.
  • Ability to take screenshots
  • Home menu
  • More controller and adapter support
  • Better frame rate in some parts of some games
  • N64 support (New app)

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtf is n64 support??? why is that on the wishlist? you want fix to write a n64 emu? if so LOL.
I don't see how it's funny. You need to take that derision elsewhere. And the wishes aren't all my own; I've added anything anyone has asked me to. If Fix says no to something himself, I'll remove it.

Last edited by Troopage,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's funny, because it's stupid. The rest of your wishes are decent requests though (except the controller support, as I said before, this should be more specified).
Is it stupid because it can't be done or something else? Idk anything about N64 emulation on Wii/Wii U.
I'll specify the controller support part later. Tbh, I forgot what was asked. Xbox 360 and PS2 controller support I think?

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it stupid because it can't be done or something else? Idk anything about N64 emulation on Wii/Wii U.
I'll specify the controller support part later. Tbh, I forgot what was asked. Xbox 360 and PS2 controller support I think?
A N64 emu would need to be coded from scratch. It is not possible use parts or ideas from nintendont. It would be a completely different project. Nintendont only emulates parts of the GC hardware and then runs the game in Wii mode. This is possible because WiiU/Wii/GC all have the same processor architecture (I guess it's even the same processor only improved). The N64 however has a completely different hardware and needs to be emulated completely. Thats why N64 still a bit crappy on Wii/WiiU, emulation needs a lot of power. Also the N64 is difficult to emulate (even for a PC), because its documentation is bad and its SDKs were crappy. Because of this many developing studios made their own SDKs, which is why many games have to handled differently (That's why there are to many plugins like Rice etc.) Not64 is the best you can get for now. If FIX ever decides to work on N64 stuff he would probably contribute to Not64 and would not code his own stuff from scratch.

I'm not sure, is PS2 really not supported? XBox360 is of course not supported because it's not HID. Adding support for it is a valid request I guess.

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
It's a bit silly on the list due to it having nothing to do with Nintendont. That's probably it.
I could envisage a solution which attempts to inject ROMs into the appropriate N64 emulator (Ocarina of Time, Zelda Collector's Edition), provided the isos are found on the HDD... but yeah apart from that it's a bit of a zany request.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought the PS2 Controller was supported through Sony's PS2-PS3 USB Adapter. I thought the Xbox 360 Controller was supported through the Coronus Max Adapter.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love Nintendont and I love the way FIX94 cares about it. That's why I'd love to see him releasing or adopting something that can let us use more N64 games on the Wii. So I wish for it, too. :)

FIX94 you are awesome!

Reactions: Troopage

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Nintendont and I love the way FIX94 cares about it. That's why I'd love to see him releasing or adopting something that can let us use more N64 games on the Wii. So I wish for it, too. :)

FIX94 you are awesome!
Don't forget about all the other people involved. @FIX94 may be a programming god but don't forget about his disciples.

77Urmel77

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Shure, there are a lot more people involved. Also thank you dear developers, contributors, donators and active testers.

"But I'm a FIX94-fan. :grog:"

I'm also quite convinced that it must be a group that spends effort in a new or adopted N64 project to let it succeed. And for me it would be great to see FIX94 among them.

Last edited by 77Urmel77,
Reactions: Troopage

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see how it's funny. You need to take that derision elsewhere. And the wishes aren't all my own; I've added anything anyone has asked me to. If Fix says no to something himself, I'll remove it.
Going offtopic, don't know if Nintendont will ever have N64 support but in the meantime:

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could envisage a solution which attempts to inject ROMs into the appropriate N64 emulator (Ocarina of Time, Zelda Collector's Edition), provided the isos are found on the HDD... but yeah apart from that it's a bit of a zany request.
It's been a while since I messed with the LoZ N64 emulator for NGC, but I'd imagine it would have even worse compatibility than the N64 VC emulators. So that probably wouldn't be worth doing, but I agree, that would probably be the only way it could be related to Nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's been a while since I messed with the LoZ N64 emulator for NGC, but I'd imagine it would have even worse compatibility than the N64 VC emulators. So that probably wouldn't be worth doing, but I agree, that would probably be the only way it could be related to Nintendont.
yeah i think only 5 games or so work on it besides the LoZ games

Reactions: TecXero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout