Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Delete stuff on your sd card. I use a 32gb sd card and it has less then 5gb of files for Wii homebrew.
Okay it took me two days of moving files but now I finished transferring all my data from the old HDD to a new one along with some stuff from the SD, tested everything and it all seems to work fine on the new HDD, long story short I got enough space now for more testing on the SD!

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey I've started trying out Nintendont as I can't get Dios Mios to work on my wii (black screen).

Tried Luigi's mansion (PAL) but it didn't work but I have a suspicion that I may have ripped the iso in the optimized format which I guess may have caused problems.

Anyway, I tried Super Mario Sunshine (PAL) and it loads up perfectly and plays well but I can't get NMM to work. The game starts by asking me to format my corrupt memory card, which I agree to and it formats successfully. After that, it asks me to create a game file so I can save the game. If I agree to that then I get stuck waiting for the game file to be created. Waited over half an hour and still no progress. The video of mario etc in the background still play/move so I know the wii has not frozen.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to make NMM work? I really want to save my games as I've invested a LOT of time trying to get gamecube backups to work.

PS I know on the Nintendont compatibility list that there are issues with NMM with super mario sunshine but it says that is with the NTSC version and has nothing about it not working on the PAL version. Has anybody gotten it to work with them or is the game incompatible with NMM but no one has reported it?

PPS This will probably sound like a stupid question but can Nintendont load games straight from usb because it always makes me copy the game i want to play onto my sd card and my sd can only hold one game at a time so it is tedious copying and deleting games from it whenever I want to play a different GC game. My USB hard drive can hold hundreds of games so it would be awesome if I could get it to work.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've started trying out Nintendont as I can't get Dios Mios to work on my wii (black screen).

Tried Luigi's mansion (PAL) but it didn't work but I have a suspicion that I may have ripped the iso in the optimized format which I guess may have caused problems.

Anyway, I tried Super Mario Sunshine (PAL) and it loads up perfectly and plays well but I can't get NMM to work. The game starts by asking me to format my corrupt memory card, which I agree to and it formats successfully. After that, it asks me to create a game file so I can save the game. If I agree to that then I get stuck waiting for the game file to be created. Waited over half an hour and still no progress. The video of mario etc in the background still play/move so I know the wii has not frozen.

Anyone know why this is happening and how to make NMM work? I really want to save my games as I've invested a LOT of time trying to get gamecube backups to work.

PS I know on the Nintendont compatibility list that there are issues with NMM with super mario sunshine but it says that is with the NTSC version and has nothing about it not working on the PAL version. Has anybody gotten it to work with them or is the game incompatible with NMM but no one has reported it?

PPS This will probably sound like a stupid question but can Nintendont load games straight from usb because it always makes me copy the game i want to play onto my sd card and my sd can only hold one game at a time so it is tedious copying and deleting games from it whenever I want to play a different GC game. My USB hard drive can hold hundreds of games so it would be awesome if I could get it to work.

Luigi's Mansion works 100%. It's probably your iso.

Check the revision that Nintendont was shown that Sunshine had working MC emulation. If it's not working then simply update the list. Everybody makes mistakes.

USB support...I would rather not talk about it. It will be released eventually. It will have a separate version like Dios Mios (Lite)

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I will test other games to see if it is my NMM set up thats the problem or the games compatibility. I have also ordered a new hard drive that has been confirmed to work with Dios Mios so I can tell if its my current one thats incompatible or whether there's something else wrong. I want to get it to work because it has more compatibility than Nintendont at the moment and can load from USB.

I have another issue but I'm not sure if this is the correct forum/thread....I can't get cheats to work, both on wii games and on GC games. I have correctly configured the .gct files and enabled cheats but they just don't work.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. I will test other games to see if it is my NMM set up thats the problem or the games compatibility. I have also ordered a new hard drive that has been confirmed to work with Dios Mios so I can tell if its my current one thats incompatible or whether there's something else wrong. I want to get it to work because it has more compatibility than Nintendont at the moment and can load from USB.

I have another issue but I'm not sure if this is the correct forum/thread....I can't get cheats to work, both on wii games and on GC games. I have correctly configured the .gct files and enabled cheats but they just don't work.

dios mios is a different project (wrong forum) but most things work fine have your hard drive set up with a 32kluster bytes and i converted all games to GREex i think its called. NMM seems to mess up quite a few games for loading so probable just better of buying an offical gamecube memory card. and for the cheats make sure OCARINA is turned on in the main setting and then select which games you want cheats for

D4v3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dios mios is a different project (wrong forum) but most things work fine have your hard drive set up with a 32kluster bytes and i converted all games to GREex i think its called. NMM seems to mess up quite a few games for loading so probable just better of buying an offical gamecube memory card. and for the cheats make sure OCARINA is turned on in the main setting and then select which games you want cheats for

Ordered a gamecube memory card and I have checked and Ocarina is turned on in the main setting and the games settings but still it doesn't work for either GC or wii games :(

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Ordered a gamecube memory card and I have checked and Ocarina is turned on in the main setting and the games settings but still it doesn't work for either GC or wii games :(

if your using usbloadergx then msg cyan or ask about and im sure ull get an answer. or maybe try wiiflow

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I won't help for Ocarina + wii games here (it's not the correct thread)
But if you want to use cheats with Gamecube games, you need two files : kenobiwii.bin and kenobigc.bin in /sneek/ folder. You can find these files easily with google, or check nintendont first post for one of them.

As for the ISO format, I'm using 1:1 clean ISO. It works fine. You don't need GCreEx, or DiscEx, or DMToolBox, or anything else than a way to rename the iso to "game.iso" and "disc2.iso", that's all.
When I know the ISO works fine, I can test the optimized/compressed size to win free space on SD.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone with a USB Gecko tried what crediar posted? (that is if anyone even HAS a USB Gecko). Dolphin is completely out of the question and I could not find any other MEM2 dumpers, although it seems like a MEM2 dumper homebrew should be possible since 0x93200000 is part of the cached region (I am probably wrong about how .dol loading works).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1