Hacking Nintendont

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
For the size, that's why I said devolution is between bytes 0x3200000 to 0x3219A9F inclusive (~102KB) in the MEM2 dump.

So the difference of 7 KB is because of the bss segment?

A lot less, yes. But still quite a lot. If you want to check every function it is still kind of a sisyphus work. To find the DRM part one need a lot of skill and know-how-

If the DRM is still in the kernel and not just loader.bin
So there is a difference between kernel and loader.bin? loader.bin is a binary blob inside the boot.dol and the kernel is a binary blob inside the loader.bin? Therefore three layers? Are you sure? 102 KB sounds more like the loader.bin.

it can probably be disabled with a single b(ranch) command. Same with any possible checksums.
Doubt it. Tueidj is clever. He has probably put as many checks as possible inside devo. patching one check will let a checksum fail. And patching the checksum check will propably also break the program, because can easily connect a checksum with a game patch such that this gamepatch fails, if the checksum is wrong.

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd try not to get baited by Roloko's intellectually bunk viewpoint about "learning things". I'm glad Nintendont is open source so we can all have a chance to let it grow, as all projects of this type should be.

The holier-than-thou attitude trending around here lately is really something else..

Reactions: the_randomizer

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If a DRM-free Devo ever comes to be then at least I can prove my theory that Sonic Heroes has gfx issues caused by the verification process, since this doesn't happen on the first launch but every time after. Hey, if it happens in one game it will most likely happen in another, just my two cents.
The only thing tueidj said about this was "sounds like it might be caused by something in libogc that doesn't always get cleaned up." but Nintendont doesn't have this problem.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If a DRM-free Devo ever comes to be then at least I can prove my theory that Sonic Heroes has gfx issues caused by the verification process, since this doesn't happen on the first launch but every time after. Hey, if it happens in one game it will most likely happen in another, just my two cents.
The only thing tueidj said about this was "sounds like it might be caused by something in libogc that doesn't always get cleaned up." but Nintendont doesn't have this problem.
Did tueidj really said that? Because he also said he created his own libs to make devolution.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well all i hope for is for nintendont to play gamecube games on the wiiu, i actualy still have a gamecube:P, some classic controller suport would actually be amazing too its wierd playing gamecube games on the wiiu with a ps3 controller.

crediar

Possiblenator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just to make a few things clear, I dumped this on a Wii which anyone could have done (load devo, load game, return to HBC, write RAM to file).
The memory address 0xBxxx is set up in the BAT register which basically can make any memory address valid. (This has nothing to do with vWii or Wii U.)

This won't help much in "cracking" devo since probably anyone who is capable of doing that would have done it already.

It will also not bring any major features to Nintendont like controller support.

I even doubt that people are able to copy the patches that are in there like the DSP ones or the ones for certain games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to make a few things clear, I dumped this on a Wii which anyone could have done (load devo, load game, return to HBC, write RAM to file).
The memory address 0xBxxx is set up in the BAT register which basically can make any memory address valid. (This has nothing to do with vWii or Wii U.)

This won't help much in "cracking" devo since probably anyone who is capable of doing that would have done it already.

It will also not bring any major features to Nintendont like controller support.

I even doubt that people are able to copy the patches that are in there like the DSP ones or the ones for certain games.
So...why was the dump file uploaded for people to download? That seems like a rather disheartening post to those who continue to work on Nintendont. It sounds to me that you want us to just kill it off and be stuck with no alternatives besides Devolution. No offensive, but that was needless negative to say.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Crediar doesn't waste peoples time, let alone his own and he wouldn't be here posting if he didn't want Nintendont to flourish, so I'm not sure how u interpret what he said as "kill it off and be stuck with devo". You're my bud fox whisperer, but again I think the level of coding is way above our head. Crediar not giving us a way to crack devo is not what that was about, I had a feeling that might be the case but most of us were to quick and gung-ho to see there is some valuable information to be gained from what was given, and it's not anything most of us can really understand.

Nintendont will continue to progress thanks to the help of greyrogue and joostinonline and other devs in the community. Let's see what else come of this new information before jumping to conclusions ;)

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crediar doesn't waste peoples time, let alone his own and he wouldn't be here posting if he didn't want Nintendont to flourish, so I'm not sure how u interpret what he said as "kill it off and be stuck with devo". You're my bud fox whisperer, but again I think the level of coding is way above our head. Crediar not giving us a way to crack devo is not what that was about, I had a feeling that might be the case but most of us were to quick and gung-ho to see there is some valuable information to be gained from what was given, and it's not anything most of us can really understand.

Nintendont will continue to progress thanks to the help of greyrogue and joostinonline and other devs in the community. Let's see what else come of this new information before jumping to conclusions ;)

Can I be your bud too?

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I be your bud too?
This is not the place for friend seeking. Even though he referenced a buddy that is not fair game. Somebody should hack devolution and share it publicly. It is completed, right? So tjeudi stops supporting, big deal. Whatever it takes to get solid GC support. Nice to see Nintendont progressing and I am confused as to the use of what Crediar posted (given his second clarifying post). Simple English explanation would be great.

Edit: I was joking about the buddy comment:-)

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I even doubt that people are able to copy the patches that are in there like the DSP ones or the ones for certain games.​
To me, this looks more like the opposite...​
And, since when do official gamecube games use libogc?​
Aren't they supposed to use the official Nintendo gamecube sdk, wathever that was at the time?​

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello, is possible use directly wiimote+nunchuck for gc games? of course not all games is good for that solution, with good
setup i think that is possible... probably with .conf (.ini) file.
I not understand why devo not use this possibility.... (maybe nintedont in future???)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Right now Nunchuck is not supported on either Devo nor Nindont, however Devo was planned to have this feature implemented sometime, not sure if it's still coming or not, as for Nindont there were no plans for Nunchuck support but being an open source now I won't be surprised if someone implemented it!

Edit: What I REALLY want though is an app that allows me to play Wii games that don't support the GC controller WITH a GC controller, I really hate how the Wiimote eats up batteries like there's no tomorrow!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Right now Nunchuck is not supported on either Devo nor Nindont, however Devo was planned to have this feature implemented sometime, not sure if it's still coming or not, as for Nindont there were no plans for Nunchuck support but being an open source now I won't be surprised if someone implemented it!

Edit: What I REALLY want though is an app that allows me to play Wii games that don't support the GC controller WITH a GC controller, I really hate how the Wiimote eats up batteries like there's no tomorrow!

There are rechargeable NiMH batteries.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you and bigonya love to sword fight your wiimotes
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    classic controller funky kong flame runner is overrated, i prefer wii wheel wario flame runner
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm happy its first person.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All big titles should offer first and 3rd person it's been a thing since like gtaV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing Killer Clowns from Outer Space all day, is pretty fun. Basically Friday 13th but with clowns. One of my favorite b rated movies from way back.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is it a game or a movie? get decided!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its a game based off the old movie
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a down scene with slow drums
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a down scene with slow drums