Hacking Devolution - Public Release

wiismodrome

flubber
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
btw, Wave Race Blue Storm has missing voices when the announcer is presenting the course details before starting a race, it's not a big deal, just noticed after playing the retail disc.
Is the problem with missing voices a new issue, or does it happen with previous versions as well? If it happens with all versions, it could be that the audio streaming fix is not properly cuing up some of the audio files for playback.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
btw, Wave Race Blue Storm has missing voices when the announcer is presenting the course details before starting a race, it's not a big deal, just noticed after playing the retail disc.
Is the problem with missing voices a new issue, or does it happen with previous versions as well? If it happens with all versions, it could be that the audio streaming fix is not properly cuing up some of the audio files for playback.

I tested with all versions since r93, same audio issue.

thevoiceover

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW: Gun looks great now , I wanted to say my friend at the game store in town has a European Wii (with scart, didn't know they still had that) and his XGIII is that. he also bought Doshin and a few other PAL on only titles (never saw Doshin before now and thought really? as it didn't seem so great) but this version of Devolution is looking very good and most (well some of the triage issues you referred to in past aren't) but I am very happy with this build. Good job @tueidj ! You helped make my evening!!

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I found something interesting with the aforementioned Sonic Heroes problem, every time I verify the game for the first time it shows up (the effect) but on the second boot it's no longer there, I've tested this a few times now.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you go through all the effort to connect a USB gecko with your Wii and PC to run gecko dotnet and take screenshots you may as well load your original disc with gecko os imo.

Nintendo Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've played around with Devolution (r135) with several of my GameCube games and I'd like to bring up a few things...

0. Could you please at least make a note or something in the first post regarding where the memorycard.bin is located? It took me forever to find out that it was on the same partition as the games but in the Apps folder. (Devolution was on the SD card while games were on the USB drive)

1. Now I realize that F-Zero GX doesn't work, but I don't know if the following is known. If you let the title screen song play all the way through, the story mode cutscene doesn't ever play. Not only that, but the whole time my harddrive seemed to not be really loading anything. So to me it looks like the issue is that it won't load anything past the titlescreen music (of course, the trouble is finding out why).

2. Some games (like Midway Arcade Treasures 3) really don't have very great controls (R for gas even when it's just digital in-game?). This got me wondering if it would be possible at all to be able to rearrange the button actions for gamecube controllers? This would also help with games like Medal of Honor: European Assult that lack the "legacy" analog stick arrangement (forward/back & turning on the left stick, look up/down & strafing on the right stick).

3. Once/if wiimote controls ever get added, I hope you'll consider being able to map a combination of buttons to a single button (like Z+L). Spy Hunter in particular had mapped both Z+L and Z+R to seperate functions and were quite a pain to use; they would be so much easier to use mapped to ZL and ZR on the classic controller.

4. Blasphamous idea: support for wired Xbox 360 and wired PS3 controllers! Even crazier: wireless bluetooth support for PS3 controllers! (I don't even own those systems, I just think it'd be cool). And just totally unrealistic: support for DirectInput PC controllers AND Xinput PC controllers!

5. Turns out that you really do need a completely clean rip of a game. I used GCRebuilder to replace a few music tracks in Rush 2049 on Midway Arcade Treasures 3 by putting in some of my favorite songs from the N64 version of Rush 2049, but nope! Devolution would have none of it - just constantly gave me the 5-blinks over and over. I'm honestly surprised since I only replaced a few .BIK media files and none of the game code, but alas...

6. If you sucessfully verify a game, then replace the ISO file with a different file, as expected it wants you to reverify. But if you then replace that with the original ISO you already successfully verified, Devolution will want you to STILL reverify. What gives? This unfortunately prevented being able to play a specific game when I was out of state visiting family for Labor Day weekend...

7. With the sample Devolution loader, once you successfully mount a partition, you cannot press 'B' to go back to the Homebrew Channel. You're only able to load a game and then press the power button on the Wii to go back to the Homebrew Channel.

8. Wifi for normal Wii things didn't seem to want to work after using Devolution and required rebooting the Wii.

9. Not sure if this should go here, but in Configurable USB Loader MOD (r46), Devolution keeps wanting me to verify the disc even if it's already been verified in both the sample Devolution loader and in Configurable USB Loader. It'll run fine if I put the disc in and eject it while the game is running, but it still wants me to reverify every time I launch via Configurable USB Loader (everything works with the sample Devolution loader though).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: +1