Devolution - Public Release

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tueidj, Jul 12, 2012.

1. tueidj
    OP

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    Looks like I broke the GXSetVAT patch in the last build, will be fixed in the next release.

2. squablo

squablo GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2007
    United States
    Just went and picked one up. Tested RE4, which would not verify with my seagate, and it fired right up with the sample loader. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I will do some more testing later, but so far everything is working great!

1 person likes this.
  3. thevoiceover

thevoiceover GBAtemp Regular

Sep 23, 2006
    United States
    Got a new title today (Nicktoons Unite) for testing with Devolution and tried it with the new R135. Seem to run into issues and reboots to HBC
    Devolution Log Nicktoons Unite! USA

So @tueidj , I never really heard (or skipped over) if you should send in new logs for "newer version" numbers or are you ok with logs from older versions?

4. tueidj
    OP

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    There's no point providing new logs if nothing has changed.

5. thevoiceover

Sep 23, 2006
    United States
    I may have to post a few titles that do not seem to run now and ran before (I have to reauth security as my drive died and had to format it. These few (not all) titles I am not able to validate (most of my other ones are validating with this new R135, seems like I'm havign issues now with titles not.) For starters , issues with Ikaruga, it is not validating and spits to HBC.. This of course is my favorite title (picked it up in the game store days for like $5) but I can still play from disc channel fine (with the audio i like that way anyway) so no big deal.

6. Excelsiior

Excelsiior GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    You don't have to use that ancient homebrew-launcher. (I didn't even get that patcher to work)

install Wiigator cMIOS 0.3 and use The HomebrewFilter to manage/list/boot GC-Homebrew from SD:/gc_apps/ or USB:/gc_apps/ or DVD:/gc_apps/ (next version will also support SD-Gecko in both slots);
    meta.xml and icon.png supported aswell, no need to replace SD:/start.dol everytime ;)

cMIOS Wiigator 0.3: http://downloads.nanolx.org/cMIOSWiiGator.zip
    The HombrewFilter rev39: http://nanolx.org/hbf/Installer/HomebrewFilter-rev39.tar.bz2

7. IncognitoMan

IncognitoMan Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2012
    United States
    Just curious will there be support for things like Gecko dotNet?

I have a USB Gecko and would love to be able to take screenshots with it among other things...

Thanks

8. EzekielRage

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    My copy of Xtreme-G3 PAL arrived. It installed and veryfied without problems. Plays like a charm. No errors :)

1 person likes this.
  9. thevoiceover

Sep 23, 2006
    United States
    Guess its just the US version.. Well guys, had a family emergency and may have to go away for at least a week - going to were some of my family is from (New Zealand.) I hope to see a new build by the time I get back, everyone take care...

10. devmas

devmas Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    Hey,

My Wii disk drive stopped working about a month ago. As a result, the verification process won't work for me. :( I was wondering if the verification for owning the legitimate disk was stored on the SD card, USB drive, or on the NAND, and/or if there's an official a way to get my games verified on a friend's Wii so I could play them on mine.

Thanks for your hard work on the loader! (Hard to believe that a year ago, people were saying this and DML were flat-out impossible...)

11. wiismodrome

wiismodrome flubber

Feb 7, 2012
    Sweden
    Not that I'm aware of.

The program locks each game to a specific Wii and USB/SD storage device. Best I can suggest is to install a new disc drive, or maybe borrow the drive from a friend's Wii. Verifications done on another Wii will not help.

12. lakaiskateboarding

lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    Is it possible to get Devolution to run with uneek/sneek?

Edit: It seems it is. I put The Wind Waker on an SD card and got it running with uneek2o (booted the Devolution loader with PostLoader). First I tried to launch a game from USB, which didn't work. I guess this is because it is unable to use the USB drive, because uneek is using it. Is that correct? Also I wonder, is Devolution now using the IOS58 from my virtual NAND? (I am really curious about how things work internally)

13. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2010
    Mexico
    Cancún
    Neek redirects 200 to IOS56, therefore Devolution is running on IOS56 and clear they two could not use the USB at the same time (would be conflictive), and I think Neek blocks the USB access for other apps.

14. lakaiskateboarding

lakaiskateboarding GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2007
    I guess I'll just launch Devolution from my real NAND then, so I can use a USB hard disk. Sadly I can't even read apps from my USB drive if I use sneek2o, which should be possible according to ModMii.

15. tmv_josue

tmv_josue GBAtemp Fan

May 18, 2010
    Mexico
    Cancún
  16. zerofalcon

zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2009
    Somewhere close to my NES
    FIFA Soccer 07 (NTSC-U) locks after verification then returns to HBC.

Log:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

17. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Will the BBA Emulation include playing MKDD Online :O?

18. tueidj
    OP

tueidj I R Expert

Jan 8, 2009
    r142 is now up.
    - fix Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles audio
    - fix Nicktoons Unite crash
    - fix Sega Soccer Slam audio patch for US version
    - fix Lego Star Wars regression
    - add workaround for buggy AX initialization in Pokemon Box that causes a DSI
    - fix Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu crash and audio
    - fix GUN crash and audio
    - fix GXSetVAT patch regression (Wind Waker and Smuggler's Run)
    - fix FIFA 07 crash

13 people like this.
  19. turbotronic

turbotronic GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    Germany
    thx tueidj... especially for the ffcc fix!

20. thevoiceover

Sep 23, 2006
    United States
    Was a way for a little while and glad to be back. Seems like some heat has been traveling in the forums lately, hopefully everyone can just relax and realize we are all different and have different opinions, this is what makes the world that much better (not all being monkeys) yeah - I don't like when people are butts, but hey - their time will come and it doesn't matter if you created water, if you are mean and intentionally do things to hurt people your time will come and you will end up alone and/or living with people that live in fear to be by you. This world is short (hell look how quick 10 years pass and most of us only get about 6-7 of those) so is it worth this time trying to make "our-self" look good rather than the growth of all?

Ugh - Had to vent as I can't believe all the hate traveling lately....

On to business, I noticed a few of my games seem to have been fixed with the last version, do these fixes seem to apply to the given title or should I retest others to see if it improved them? I have to get some more things under control here then will try to get more testing in with the latest version. Good to be back and see you guys around, time for a cold one...

2 people like this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted