1. CompSciOrBust

OP CompSciOrBust GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Amiigo
    GitHub link
    This is a Emuiibo GUI and EmuGUIibo alternative that runs directly on the switch.

This has been getting a lot of attention lately (particularly from Spanish people for some reason). I just want to let people know that my switch is hard bricked so it will be difficult for me to update the app in the future but if you report issues I'll try my best to fix them.

Controls:
    Up / Down on Dpad to move up and down the list.
    A to select an Amiibo from the list or enter a subfolder.
    X toggles emulation state.
    Y moves on to the next Amiibo.
    B returns to the series selection in Amiibo Maker or exits a subfolder in the Amiibo selection UI.

There are also several touchscreen buttons which can be used and the toucshcreen can be used to select items from the list.

Version 1.5.3
    This update adds Amiibo images thanks to @Kronos2308
    Adds experiential theming thanks to @Kronos2308
    And I added the file sort code that I wrote for N-Xplorer so now the Amiibos are displayed in alphabetical order.
    Version 1.5.3
    This update adds a check for when Emuiibo isn't running (thanks @Kronos2308), changes the aesthetics of the UI (this was done by both me and Kronos), and I also improved the updater code so now it doesn't assume the nro is in the /switch/ directory.

Version 1.5.2
    This update uses the new 0.4.0 Emuiibo ipc and uses libnx 3.0.0. It should be functionally identical to 1.5.1.

Version 1.5.1
    With this release when creating new virtual Amiibos using Amiigo Maker the new virtual Amiibo will be created in whatever folder the main UI is currently in.
    The main UI's header will now only display the virtual Amiibo's name instead of it's path.
    Emuiibo is now properly exited when closing the app which previously caused Emuiibo to stop working when Amiigo was opened too many times.

Version 1.5.0
    This release adds experimental support for categories and other minor changes.

Version 1.4.4
    Added ability to delete Amiibos by pressing down on the left stick like a button. This is temporary until I have time to add a proper GUI for this and renaming Amiibos.

Version 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3
    These three versions added validation checks to the updater code and Amiigo Maker to prevent crashes.

Version 1.4.0
    In version 1.4.0 I added a the ability to update Amiigo from within Amiigo and improved the UI appearance.

Version 1.3.1
    In version 1.3.1 a crash was fixed that occurred when no Amiibos were accessible to Amiibo and Amiigo tried to draw the path of the current Amiibo to the header. Thanks to @Slluxx for help with this.

Version 1.3
    In version 1.3 I added a new menu for swapping between Amiigo Maker, and the Amiibo list. A new footer was added to Amiibo Maker too to assist touchscreen operation.

Version 1.2
    In version 1.2 I added a offline mode for Amiigo Maker and rewrote a lot of code to be both more stable and be faster. Touch support was added to Amiigo Maker.

Version 1.1
    In version 1.1 I added an experimental feature that let's you create virtual Amiibos directly on the switch. This is still a work in progress and has lots of areas for improvement but it's good enough to be used.
    Note: Amiigo Maker currently does not have touch support.

Credits:
    Check GitHub.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Mar 23, 2020
  2. JonJaded

JonJaded GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Saw your newest update!

Creating virtual amiibos on device sounds amazing. Going to test this out!

CompSciOrBust likes this.
  3. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    Thanks. I have a few ideas for how it can be improved but I'm busy so it will be updated gradually over the coming weeks.

4. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    You should do some sanity checking. I have other folders in my amiibo folder that do not immediately contain amiibo json files (they contain other folders), and when i accidentally selected one of these entries with A, Atmosphère crashed.

edit: or it might be something else, because when i tried to enter Amiigo editor with B, it also crashed (2168-0002). Using Atmos 0.9.4 with newest homebre launcher and menu, so idk what's the problem.

Last edited by Krude, Oct 25, 2019
  5. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    Tahnks for the feedback. The way I implemented the Amiibo maker was a bit rushed and it was late at night so some bugs slipped through the cracks. I've rewrote a large portion of it and it's and lot faster and more stable now but I need to fix some other stuff before I can release the update. As for adding in checks for valid folders I'll add it to my todo list but it's not super high priority right now. Could you get me some information from your crash reports? They will be stored in sdmc:/atmosphere/crash_reports/. They'll be mixed in with crash reports from other apps so you might need to sort by date modified to find them. I'm specifically looking for the program counter. The line should look something like "PC: 012345 (Amiigo +0x12345)"

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Oct 26, 2019
  6. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    So it turns out I fixed the crashing that happens when you select a folder without an amiibo by accident in 1.3.1. Do you think I should still hide folder that aren't actually Amiibos? I want to eventually add the ability to look for amiibos in sub folders but I don't know when I will have time to do that.

JonJaded likes this.
  7. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    You can hide them if it's easier, or maybe just throw up a message like "put all your amiibos in the top folder, subfolders not supported yet!" when you try to select a subfolder. Either way is fine, i think.

Csmrcc and CompSciOrBust like this.
  8. Ricardorj15

Ricardorj15 Newbie
    Newcomer

Guatemala
    It looks awesome, but i cant active the amiibos at Zelda BOTW
    atmosphere emunand 8.1.0
    any Help?

9. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    This is a issue with Emuiibo. If you activate Emuiibo before opening botw it should work fine.

10. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    I've added sub-folder support. Sorry it took so long. I've just been busy lately. Press A to enter a sub folder and B to exit it.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Nov 25, 2019
  11. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I still got it to crash atmosphere on 1.5.2 when selecting the Amiigo Maker. I'm guessing it was because i was not connected to the net / in airplane mode, because when i tried later with a net connection, it worked.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Oh yeah, here's the crash log if it helps:

https://pastebin.com/jFWfCVhx

12. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    If you've used Amiigo Maker before the data should be cached so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Thanks for letting me know though I'll look in to it. When I opened your crash log it seems to be for the wrong app. Line 139 has (nx-hbmenu + 0xccb5c) but it should be (Amiigo + 0x...).

Edit: Oh I misread. I thought you said it had worked before. Yeah it probably crashed because of no network connection.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust, Jan 8, 2020
  13. Krude

Krude GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    Seems to be that way. I just crashed it again in airplane mode (on purpose), and the new crash log looks like the one above. Meaning, it shows (nx-hbmenu + pointer) everywhere. Dunno why that is.

edit: funnily enough, Goldleaf does the same thing (crashing, that is) when i press Update in airplane mode. Maybe it's a library / atmosphère issue

Last edited by Krude, Jan 9, 2020
  14. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    I use the same code as goldleaf for getting the api json so probably. We did add code to check for airplane mode though so that's weird. Could you check if the api data was cached on your sd card for me? It should be in /config/Amiigo/API.json

15. NightTimeNoctis

NightTimeNoctis GBAtemp Regular

United States
    trying to use with animal crossing when im in list buttons are not working they dont do anything

16. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    I've never seen anyone report this before. Does the touchscreen work? What Atmosphere version are you using?

17. NightTimeNoctis

United States
    no it doesnt. it said no amiibo as selected and emuiibo as not enabled pressing x and y did nothing other buttons worked. idk hat version im on i updated last week

18. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    Do you have any Amiibos already on your SD card? You can also try updating to the latest version of Emuiibo if you haven't already. https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo

19. NightTimeNoctis

United States
    no i dont. wait i thought your program was a gui version of emuiibo? do i need to install that seperately? if so i didnt see that said anywhere.

20. CompSciOrBust

United Kingdom
    Yeah. Right at the top of the read me file on GitHub. This basically just removes the need to memorize the button combos and a pc to create the virtual Amiibos.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yeah. Right at the top of the read me file on GitHub. This basically just removed the need to memorize the button combos and a pc to create the virtual Amiibos.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emuiibo, Amiigo,