Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Amiigo

GitHub link

Amiigo is a Switch homebrew that will allow you to generate virtual Amiibos entirely on the Switch console, no PC required. In conjunction with Emuiibo (which Amiigo automatically installs for you if you have an internet connection) this enables you to emulate Amiibos entirely on the Switch without downloading anything other than Amiigo or using Tesla overlays.

Controls:
D-pad to move between on screen buttons.
A to select an Amiibo from the list or click an on screen button.
X toggles emulation state.
B backs out of a category if one is selected.
Y opens context menu.
Touchscreen can also be used to click onscreen buttons and scroll lists.
Analog stick scrolls through the lists.

Version 2.3.0 & 2.3.1
Changes to Amiigo:

• Added context menus to the selector screen, hold down on the touch screen for 0.5 seconds or press Y
  • Added option to save Amiibos to the current location in the selector
  • Added ability to favorite an Amiibo (See context menu)
  • Added "back" option to lists when in a sub category
  • Altered the colours of the Amiigo store to be less bright
  • Amiigo will now reset the active virtual Amiibo when disabling Emuiibo
  • Updated to latest Arriba
Changes to Arriba:

• Fixed mistake in the rendering code that would cause apps made with Arriba to render at 720p when launched in applet mode
  • Replaced all linear algebra logic from GLM with a custom math library
  • Added support for analog sticks
  • Made several optimizations to improve the rendering speed
  • Added basic support for layers
  • Added alt callback for inertial lists
  • Fixed incorrect texture coordinate data that would cause framebuffers to render upside down
  • Further abstracted input system from LibNX
  • Other minor changes and bug fixes

Version 2.2.0
  • Added extra category
  • Updated Arriba
  • Fixed minor bug in API caching code
  • Check for the presence of /Atmosphere/contents when installing Emuiibo
  • Changed how Amiibos are categorized when making new Amiibos

Version 2.1.0
Changes to Amiigo
  • Fixed bug that would cause the console to fatal when updating through Amiigo
  • Updated Arriba
  • Added support for loading custom background shaders
  • Automatically use outdated API cache if no internet connection within 5 seconds of first time setup
Changes to Arriba
  • Arriba will output the correct screen size when the console is docked / undocked
  • Arriba now renders text in to a framebuffer to improve performance
  • Fixed some text characters being incorrectly positioned

Version 2.0.0
Complete rewrite.

Version 1.5.3
This update adds Amiibo images thanks to @Kronos2308
Adds experiential theming thanks to @Kronos2308
And I added the file sort code that I wrote for N-Xplorer so now the Amiibos are displayed in alphabetical order.
Version 1.5.3
This update adds a check for when Emuiibo isn't running (thanks @Kronos2308), changes the aesthetics of the UI (this was done by both me and Kronos), and I also improved the updater code so now it doesn't assume the nro is in the /switch/ directory.

Version 1.5.2
This update uses the new 0.4.0 Emuiibo ipc and uses libnx 3.0.0. It should be functionally identical to 1.5.1.

Version 1.5.1
With this release when creating new virtual Amiibos using Amiigo Maker the new virtual Amiibo will be created in whatever folder the main UI is currently in.
The main UI's header will now only display the virtual Amiibo's name instead of it's path.
Emuiibo is now properly exited when closing the app which previously caused Emuiibo to stop working when Amiigo was opened too many times.

Version 1.5.0
This release adds experimental support for categories and other minor changes.

Version 1.4.4
Added ability to delete Amiibos by pressing down on the left stick like a button. This is temporary until I have time to add a proper GUI for this and renaming Amiibos.

Version 1.4.1, 1.4.2, and 1.4.3
These three versions added validation checks to the updater code and Amiigo Maker to prevent crashes.

Version 1.4.0
In version 1.4.0 I added a the ability to update Amiigo from within Amiigo and improved the UI appearance.

Version 1.3.1
In version 1.3.1 a crash was fixed that occurred when no Amiibos were accessible to Amiibo and Amiigo tried to draw the path of the current Amiibo to the header. Thanks to @Slluxx for help with this.

Version 1.3
In version 1.3 I added a new menu for swapping between Amiigo Maker, and the Amiibo list. A new footer was added to Amiibo Maker too to assist touchscreen operation.

Version 1.2
In version 1.2 I added a offline mode for Amiigo Maker and rewrote a lot of code to be both more stable and be faster. Touch support was added to Amiigo Maker.

Version 1.1
In version 1.1 I added an experimental feature that let's you create virtual Amiibos directly on the switch. This is still a work in progress and has lots of areas for improvement but it's good enough to be used.
Note: Amiigo Maker currently does not have touch support.

Credits:
Check GitHub.
Screenshot_1.jpg

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should do some sanity checking. I have other folders in my amiibo folder that do not immediately contain amiibo json files (they contain other folders), and when i accidentally selected one of these entries with A, Atmosphère crashed.

edit: or it might be something else, because when i tried to enter Amiigo editor with B, it also crashed (2168-0002). Using Atmos 0.9.4 with newest homebre launcher and menu, so idk what's the problem.

Last edited by Krude,

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
You should do some sanity checking. I have other folders in my amiibo folder that do not immediately contain amiibo json files (they contain other folders), and when i accidentally selected one of these entries with A, Atmosphère crashed.

edit: or it might be something else, because when i tried to enter Amiigo editor with B, it also crashed (2168-0002). Using Atmos 0.9.4 with newest homebre launcher and menu, so idk what's the problem.
Tahnks for the feedback. The way I implemented the Amiibo maker was a bit rushed and it was late at night so some bugs slipped through the cracks. I've rewrote a large portion of it and it's and lot faster and more stable now but I need to fix some other stuff before I can release the update. As for adding in checks for valid folders I'll add it to my todo list but it's not super high priority right now. Could you get me some information from your crash reports? They will be stored in sdmc:/atmosphere/crash_reports/. They'll be mixed in with crash reports from other apps so you might need to sort by date modified to find them. I'm specifically looking for the program counter. The line should look something like "PC: 012345 (Amiigo +0x12345)"

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North

So it turns out I fixed the crashing that happens when you select a folder without an amiibo by accident in 1.3.1. Do you think I should still hide folder that aren't actually Amiibos? I want to eventually add the ability to look for amiibos in sub folders but I don't know when I will have time to do that.

Reactions: JonJaded

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can hide them if it's easier, or maybe just throw up a message like "put all your amiibos in the top folder, subfolders not supported yet!" when you try to select a subfolder. Either way is fine, i think.

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
You can hide them if it's easier, or maybe just throw up a message like "put all your amiibos in the top folder, subfolders not supported yet!" when you try to select a subfolder. Either way is fine, i think.
I've added sub-folder support. Sorry it took so long. I've just been busy lately. Press A to enter a sub folder and B to exit it.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I still got it to crash atmosphere on 1.5.2 when selecting the Amiigo Maker. I'm guessing it was because i was not connected to the net / in airplane mode, because when i tried later with a net connection, it worked.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh yeah, here's the crash log if it helps:

https://pastebin.com/jFWfCVhx

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I still got it to crash atmosphere on 1.5.2 when selecting the Amiigo Maker. I'm guessing it was because i was not connected to the net / in airplane mode, because when i tried later with a net connection, it worked.

Oh yeah, here's the crash log if it helps:

https://pastebin.com/jFWfCVhx
If you've used Amiigo Maker before the data should be cached so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Thanks for letting me know though I'll look in to it. When I opened your crash log it seems to be for the wrong app. Line 139 has (nx-hbmenu + 0xccb5c) but it should be (Amiigo + 0x...).

Edit: Oh I misread. I thought you said it had worked before. Yeah it probably crashed because of no network connection.

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Seems to be that way. I just crashed it again in airplane mode (on purpose), and the new crash log looks like the one above. Meaning, it shows (nx-hbmenu + pointer) everywhere. Dunno why that is.

edit: funnily enough, Goldleaf does the same thing (crashing, that is) when i press Update in airplane mode. Maybe it's a library / atmosphère issue

Last edited by Krude,

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Seems to be that way. I just crashed it again in airplane mode (on purpose), and the new crash log looks like the one above. Meaning, it shows (nx-hbmenu + pointer) everywhere. Dunno why that is.

edit: funnily enough, Goldleaf does the same thing (crashing, that is) when i press Update in airplane mode. Maybe it's a library / atmosphère issue
I use the same code as goldleaf for getting the api json so probably. We did add code to check for airplane mode though so that's weird. Could you check if the api data was cached on your sd card for me? It should be in /config/Amiigo/API.json

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
no it doesnt. it said no amiibo as selected and emuiibo as not enabled pressing x and y did nothing other buttons worked. idk hat version im on i updated last week
Do you have any Amiibos already on your SD card? You can also try updating to the latest version of Emuiibo if you haven't already. https://github.com/XorTroll/emuiibo

NightTimeNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i dont. wait i thought your program was a gui version of emuiibo? do i need to install that seperately? if so i didnt see that said anywhere.

CompSciOrBust

🤔
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Yeah. Right at the top of the read me file on GitHub. This basically just removes the need to memorize the button combos and a pc to create the virtual Amiibos.

Yeah. Right at the top of the read me file on GitHub. This basically just removed the need to memorize the button combos and a pc to create the virtual Amiibos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz