Hacking Nintendont

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My earlier comment of Nintendo Puzzle Collection just giving a black screen was wrong, oopsie! :lol: Seems I was using a compressed iso rather than a 1:1... Uncompressed, and yeah it's booting! Music & sound is garbled.. Games seem to boot but there's controller problems: Panel De Pon for instance is difficult to navigate through the menus , and when you do start to play it's like the L or R button is constantly pressed, scrolling your box up and killing you in about 3 seconds (suppose it adds to the challenge alongside the headache inducing noise!) Not tested the other games, nor do I feel masochistic enough to bother either, but as it's early days signs are promising!
*wanders off grumbling AGAIN about his slightly scratched disc not passing the soddin verify check on Devo*

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Maxternal You can readapt the dissassembled code to run under ARM, as long as it complies with Nintendont's limitations. It doesn't necessarily mean people will be using the Devolution RAW Engine from a MEM2 dump as the kernel.bin for Nintendont; we all know it's just not gonna work. :ha:

But yeah, you're right, since it implies having to do some reverse engineering, which can be exhausting. That's why Crediar believes none of us is capable of doing that (I don't really think that, though).

Reactions: Maxternal

cheatman3005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone can DM me a link with one of .DVV files for examination ?

We can't because you need our wiimotes as well to get them to work. Devolution makes sure that you need to sync in the Wiimote that was use during the verification to play that certain game.

Sorry bud.

Klaud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We can't because you need our wiimotes as well to get them to work. Devolution makes sure that you need to sync in the Wiimote that was use during the verification to play that certain game.

Sorry bud.

I know, I said "for examination". I want to take a look at its content.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
anyone can DM me a link with one of .DVV files for examination ?
This post shows the the old (pre-r200) format and only the first bit of it but it's enough for you to get the idea it's mostly encrypted and salted with either a random number or the file's timestamps or something (which chkdsk always informs me are invalid BTW) http://gbatemp.net/threads/why-add-anti-piracy-measures-to-devolution.330634/page-4#post-4307267

Anyway, I think we're getting a bit off topic here. I can see how some Devolution conversation could relate to Nintendont but dealing directly with it's AP implementation does not seem to qualify IMO

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't expect the Metroid Prime 3 Prototype support to be added. Which needs the Gamecube Dev Unit, which has more RAM. Reality, the wii can run this game I think.

For Luigi's Mansion, the saving is weird on it. If I save without moving, it will hang on the saving screen. If I move down, then up and then save. It works fine.

Edit: Luigi's Mansion does crash randomly on r38. I have a debug file if it does help any.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
quality news about it being usb compatable. so now i wanna get testing so i tried to use nintendont and it says update my ios58. thats no problem. except i cant find anywhere that tells me how to do it. all i read is tantrics method/app wont update to the one i want. i looked on the first page no news on how to get the one i need. i no its gotta be here somewhere. any help plzz guys this is for normall wii btw

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting error 2 on nintendont usb version looked it up it says fat init. failed on googlecode possible incompatible usb has anyone got this to work correctly?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yea thats what im using western digital 2tb hdd.

then it must be something else i was using a usb stick 8gb and i know it works since i use it all the time to play things like wiisx and such but im stuck on kernel 2 im using the wiiu btw to test this if anyone figures out the problem i would like to know how to fix it

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont see my hdd either, works fine with dios mios and everything else. nintendont does work when i have games on sd. maybe there is a futher issue, it really should be labeled alpha rather than beta. technically its a beta of an alpha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you and bigonya love to sword fight your wiimotes
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    classic controller funky kong flame runner is overrated, i prefer wii wheel wario flame runner
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i returned