Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, MCEmu is the problem. Thanks for pointing it.
A change was made to the timings of the MCEmu a while back and it seems to have affected Luigi's Mansion. I reported it but the person who made the change said that Luigi's Mansion had no problem for him. Luigi's Mansion hasn't worked properly with MCEmu since the change was made. I'd love to undo that change to see if it fixes this game but sadly I don't understand the C language.

morgoth32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A change was made to the timings of the MCEmu a while back and it seems to have affected Luigi's Mansion. I reported it but the person who made the change said that Luigi's Mansion had no problem for him. Luigi's Mansion hasn't worked properly with MCEmu since the change was made. I'd love to undo that change to see if it fixes this game but sadly I don't understand the C language.

PN 03 NTSC US has the same issue.
It's a problem for WIIU users as we can't use real memory cards.

The Gameboy-cube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible that the games you are running aren't affected by slow reads. The card itself is not the problem, it's the Wii/Wii U's SD slot that's slow. I also use a Class 10/UHS-1 card and it reads slower in the SD Slot than when I use a USB adapter.

Is MCEmu on or off? I have found that Luigi's Mansion has issues with MCEmu set to on.

Ooh. the games I play that I haven't noticed it on are Luigi's M, MKDD, SSBM, Sonic Adv Battle 2, Sonic Heroes, SF Assault and Sunshine all on a wii u. (mentioning wii u as it might have a faster port. or I just am blind and don't notice the slowdown lol)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh. the games I play that I haven't noticed it on are Luigi's M, MKDD, SSBM, Sonic Adv Battle 2, Sonic Heroes, SF Assault and Sunshine all on a wii u. (mentioning wii u as it might have a faster port. or I just am blind and don't notice the slowdown lol)

I am using a Wii U as well and have noticed the slowdown in the intro video for Mario Kart Double Dash when using the SD Slot. Even FIX94 doesn't recommend running games off the SD Card Slot.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

The Gameboy-cube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using a Wii U as well and have noticed the slowdown in the intro video for Mario Kart Double Dash when using the SD Slot. Even FIX94 doesn't recommend running games off the SD Card Slot.

Ah. Yeah I skip that lol. Hm I better grab a usb drive then.

I have had problems with Sonic Adventure Battle 2 Crashing. It happens after a minute on the menu screen with no input and it has also happened mid gameplay but it takes like 15 minutes before it happens. I am on a wii u with gamecube adapter, 2.272, and MCemu is on.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a memory card emulation issue. The latest game, Zelda OoT (GC Version), is the latest out of a few games to give me a memory card doesn't have enough space warning. This doesn't allow me to save game progress, obviously. I currently have the settings for 251 blocks with 2 slot emulation. Like I said, it doesn't happen with all games, but enough.

What is the proper mem card emu setup?

Thanks, in advance!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a memory card emulation issue. The latest game, Zelda OoT (GC Version), is the latest out of a few games to give me a memory card doesn't have enough space warning. This doesn't allow me to save game progress, obviously. I currently have the settings for 251 blocks with 2 slot emulation. Like I said, it doesn't happen with all games, but enough.

What is the proper mem card emu setup?

Thanks, in advance!
how come you dont have any space? are you using the 251 block memory card for multisave? becuase i see no reason why a 252 blocks card would ever say it doesnt have any space.

Reactions: DeezTits

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how come you dont have any space? are you using the 251 block memory card for multisave? becuase i see no reason why a 252 blocks card would ever say it doesnt have any space.

My thoughts exactly. The only other setting I have ticked ON is for the Wii U Widescreen.

DeezTits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OK. When set to 1-card emulation with a 251 block mem card, a couple games I previous had mem card issues with now work. Although, why do certain games only see 1 block free when set to 2-card emulation? Is it something to do with the Wii U?

PS - Am I the only one playing GC games on a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
OK. When set to 1-card emulation with a 251 block mem card, a couple games I previous had mem card issues with now work. Although, why do certain games only see 1 block free when set to 2-card emulation? Is it something to do with the Wii U?

PS - Am I the only one playing GC games on a beautiful, sunny Saturday morning?
did you ever started those games before with 59 blocks?

nintendont will never overwrite a save so if on the first boot of that game with that hdd you had 59 blocks the mem card will stay 59 blocks even if you change it until you delete it manualy its a safety feature to not delete saves

i use individual memory cards 251 blocks for each game and never had the issue with game having no blocks to save my guess is your saing them all on the same card and of course that will fill up...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just started luigis mansion from both sd and usb at least 20 times without any problem, having mcemu enabled, hid enabled, force ntsc, wiiu pro controller, classic controller, ps2 controller and gc controller connected. It worked all the time without a single issue.

morgoth32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I managed to undo the change. Attached is 2.275 with the old timings. See if this fixes your game as it seems to have fixed Luigi's Mansion.

Thanx but it fixes PN 03 only.
I just started luigis mansion from both sd and usb at least 20 times without any problem, having mcemu enabled, hid enabled, force ntsc, wiiu pro controller, classic controller, ps2 controller and gc controller connected. It worked all the time without a single issue.

Maybe it's a WIIU only issue.
The game works well with older revs here.Launched from USB and nintendont app is located in USB too.
The backup is a full iso created with cleanrip.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But you play on a NTSC US WIIU with a NTSC US iso.
luigi mansion ntsc has no issues it always works nad the region of your console doesnt matter at all.

so les try to restrict this

For me Pal luigi mansion only freezes on wiiu if i have hid ON if using bt controllers it always boots.

everyone that is having these issues is using this combination wiiu plus hid? did you try with bt controllers?

morgoth32

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
luigi mansion ntsc has no issues it always works nad the region of your console doesnt matter at all.

so les try to restrict this

For me Pal luigi mansion only freezes on wiiu if i have hid ON if using bt controllers it always boots.

everyone that is having these issues is using this combination wiiu plus hid? did you try with bt controllers?

I never use HID. Just tried with WIIU pro controller but i had blackscreen too.
BTW PN 03 US gives me the same issue. It's a mcemu issue not a controller one.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I never use HID. Just tried with WIIU pro controller but i had blackscreen too.
BTW PN 03 US gives me the same issue. It's a mcemu issue not a controller one.
just to be safe did it ever worked for you with mcemu on?

i had no issue on wiiu with pal luigi mansion mcemu on, it only BS for me when i turn hid on it works perfectly with wiiupro controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...