Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

D

Deleted User

I have uploaded and attached my original controller.ini file. It was setup to correctly map to my controller- every button- I had to make some changes from the original file to map the buttons correctly- basically the Z,L,&R buttons but when a game required analog l/r input (super mario sunshine, luigi's mansion, etc, the game would not register any analog button press). When I used HIDTest v6, it did not register any values on half press, only full press. Does that mean my controller isn't analog (only digital)? But I thought that the classic controller had analog shoulder buttons? Basically, the issue in the games I listed is that Mario's FLUDD Device doesn't spray water, and luigi's vacuum cleaner doesn't work.

What value should I put have the DigitalLR=

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try HID test and tell me what is being detected while you press L and R ?
Untouched: 01 00 00 00 00 00 79 7d 7d 79 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
L2: 01 00 00 01 00 00 79 7c 7d 79 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF 00
R2: 01 00 00 02 00 00 79 7c 7d 79 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you try HID test and tell me what is being detected while you press L and R ?
HIDTest hasent been updated to support DigitalLR=2 While you can use HIDTest v.6 to look at the raw data it wont show the L & R buttons correctly. You need to upgrade booth Nintendont and the controller.ini to at least v2.147 for it to work.

D

Deleted User

HIDTest hasent been updated to support DigitalLR=2 While you can use HIDTest v.6 to look at the raw data it wont show the L & R buttons correctly. You need to upgrade booth Nintendont and the controller.ini to at least v2.147 for it to work.

HID Test wasn't detecting my analog L & R inputs - I changed DigitalLR= to back to "1" and everything works. How do I upgrade the controller.ini file?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HID Test wasn't detecting my analog L & R inputs - I changed DigitalLR= to back to "1" and everything works. How do I upgrade the controller.ini file?
Was their any analog data from the triggers being output from the adapter?
Did you need to make any other changes besides adding DigitalLR=1?
The user above has a ps3 controller which needs the controller.ini upgraded you dont

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, how do I update the ini?

I already gave you the updated link which the user below you has already posted. As always make sure you're using the latest revision of Nintendont (https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r148/trunk/loader/loader.dol) and the ini so you don't have any issues.

Like I said I didn't have any issues with the controller itself. The triggers worked, all buttons worked, I just had to swap A and B. I "guess" technically the reset to loader combo doesn't work either but in game reset does >.>' I dunno why but I'm sure I'm missing something.

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, I have an issue where two offsets change instead of one for both my DPAD and LSticks and I don't know what to do. I have attached controller config of my classic controller adapter and a picture of it. I'm making a new config cause the ones that are in the repo don't work and the offsets are much different. If some one could help that would be great :)

Any help with this? Or is it impossible using a classic control pro on that adapter?

D

Deleted User

Was their any analog data from the triggers being output from the adapter?
Did you need to make any other changes besides adding DigitalLR=1?
The user above has a ps3 controller which needs the controller.ini upgraded you dont

Thanks for all the help everyone! - I don't think the may flash adaptor is detecting analog inputs. I have uploaded the correct controller.ini file that works correctly for me. Perhaps all Classic Controller and Mayflash units are not standardized? I needed to make quite a few changes to the original classic controller to usb (may flash) controller.ini file to make my setup work.

If anyone wants screenshots or videos of HID Test with my setup, let me know.

Attachments

• controller.ini.txt
    295 bytes · Views: 274

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help everyone! - I don't think the may flash adaptor is detecting analog inputs. I have uploaded the correct controller.ini file that works correctly for me. Perhaps all Classic Controller and Mayflash units are not standardized? I needed to make quite a few changes to the original classic controller to usb (may flash) controller.ini file to make my setup work.

If anyone wants screenshots or videos of HID Test with my setup, let me know.

Any help with this? Or is it impossible using a classic control pro on that adapter?

Booth of you are having problems with the Mayflash classic controller usb with the Left, right and z controlles.
you booth say when using a classic controller that the analog data for the triggers is not output from the adapter.
What is in the svn cant work correctly.
You booth arranged the buttons slightly differently.
In order to fix it for everyone,
What is the raw data from booth of you for nothing pressed, ZL pressed, ZR pressed, L pressed, R pressed?

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Booth of you are having problems with the Mayflash classic controller usb with the Left, right and z controlles.
you booth say when using a classic controller that the analog data for the triggers is not output from the adapter.
What is in the svn cant work correctly.
You booth arranged the buttons slightly differently.
In order to fix it for everyone,
What is the raw data from booth of you for nothing pressed, ZL pressed, ZR pressed, L pressed, R pressed?

How would I get the raw data from those buttons?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about this one? I'm looking for an adaptor that is confirmed to work before buying. http://www.play-asia.com/trio-linker-ii-plus-paOS-13-49-en-70-1zfv.html

This is a list of all confirmed working controllers

• Official Gamecube controller (on wii only)
  • Wavebird Gamecube controller (on Wii only?). You need to launch Nintendont from HBC with this controller already ON.
  • PS2 Dual shock
  • PS3 Dual shock/Sixaxis
  • PS4 Controller
  • Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
  • Trio Linker v1 (GC, DC, PS)
  • mayflash wii classic controller to usb adapter for PC [PC052]
  • Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter [W009] (L/R analog are not working because WiiU Pro lacks analog shoulder buttons)
  • Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter [PC035](only GameCube and PS/PS2 ports. The Xbox controller doesn't work).

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a list of all confirmed working controllers

• Official Gamecube controller (on wii only)
  • Wavebird Gamecube controller (on Wii only?). You need to launch Nintendont from HBC with this controller already ON.
  • PS2 Dual shock
  • PS3 Dual shock/Sixaxis
  • PS4 Controller
  • Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
  • Trio Linker v1 (GC, DC, PS)
  • mayflash wii classic controller to usb adapter for PC [PC052]
  • Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter [W009] (L/R analog are not working because WiiU Pro lacks analog shoulder buttons)
  • Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter [PC035](only GameCube and PS/PS2 ports. The Xbox controller doesn't work).
Have any variations of different controllers been noted/archived? For instance my controller I had issues with a while ago. It's an official Sony PS3 controller, but it was a later model and required a different ini.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have any variations of different controllers been noted/archived? For instance my controller I had issues with a while ago. It's an official Sony PS3 controller, but it was a later model and required a different ini.

As far as I know all models of the ps3 controller SHOULD be working. All 6 of mine to. I personally use Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter for Nintendont because I like the feel of the gamecube controller when I play gamecube games

D

Deleted User

How would I get the raw data from those buttons?

The raw data when no classic controller is plugged I to the mayflash box is

80 7F 80 7F 00 0F 00 00

The raw data when the classic controller is plugged into the mayflash with no buttons pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 00 00

The raw data when L is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 04 00

The raw data when ZL is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 01 00

The raw data when ZR is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 02 00

The raw data when R is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 08 00

I can't get any other numbers to show on a half press- a half press on the analog triggers gives the same values as a whole press.

The other issue I have is that when I start nintendont, I can't plug in the classic controller to the mayflash unit until game starts or else the controller won't register.

JR_44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The raw data when no classic controller is plugged I to the mayflash box is

80 7F 80 7F 00 0F 00 00

The raw data when the classic controller is plugged into the mayflash with no buttons pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 00 00

The raw data when L is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 04 00

The raw data when ZL is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 01 00

The raw data when ZR is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 02 00

The raw data when R is pressed is

80 96 74 73 00 0F 08 00

I can't get any other numbers to show on a half press- a half press on the analog triggers gives the same values as a whole press.

The other issue I have is that when I start nintendont, I can't plug in the classic controller to the mayflash unit until game starts or else the controller won't register.

Thats strange mine is different by a few values.

Mine
80 7F 80 79 00 0F 00 00

Yours
80 96 74 73 00 0F 00 00

Guess your config won't work on mine. I'll try plugging in the classic controller till the game starts like you stated because mine never registered even with a few buttons configured.

Edit: Waiting until the game begins and plugging in the controller didn't work for me yet HIDTest gets button inputs from it i'm confused now.
I managed to fix up my configuration correctly now except for LAnalog and RAnalog but it still won't work ingame.
Code:
[MayFlash Wii CC USB Adapter]
VID=1D79
PID=0301
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
Power=6,40
A=5,2F
B=5,4F
X=5,1F
Y=5,8F
Z=7,08
L=7,01
R=7,02
S=7,20
Left=6,06
Down=6,04
Right=6,02
Up=6,00
RightUp=6,01
DownRight=6,03
DownLeft=6,05
UpLeft=6,07
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=1
CStickY=2
LAnalog=5
RAnalog=6

Edit2: Sorry about the long post but I found a program online called HIDTrace that has the same values as HIDTest on the wii. Could I use this to streamline configuring the controller better?

Attachments

• HID.PNG
    HID.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 292
Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...