Nintendo Switch Online to launch in the second half of September

upload_2018-8-10_14-35-15.png

With the launch of Nintendo's first premium online service impending, it has today been confirmed it will be launching in the second half of September, adding a little more information to their previous prediction of just the month itself. The service will give users access to online play, a selection of online-enabled NES games, and a much anticipated online save data backup feature.

Will you be buying a Nintendo Switch Online subscription when the service launches? Are you hoping Nintendo will add something more to sweeten the deal? Let us know your thoughts.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Scarlet,
D

Deleted User

With the launch of Nintendo's first premium online service impending, it has today been confirmed it will be launching in the second half of September, adding a little more information to their previous prediction of just the month itself. The service will give users access to online play, a selection of online-enabled NES games, and a much anticipated online save data backup feature.

Will you be buying a Nintendo Switch Online subscription when the service launches? Are you hoping Nintendo will add something more to sweeten the deal? Let us know your thoughts.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Inbox
If this is all Nintendo is overing as a Service, I will gladly pass.

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in nutshell Big N have you pay for cloud storage, online multiplayer which are completely free on pc! and some 25-30 year old garbages IT'S SCANDAL!

NO WAY!
I wouldn't really call NES games garbage.
I'm not paying for it.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if Nintendo has plans to add something expensive later on to justify the price. I mean something like a new MiiVerse (they have to pay tons of moderators for all kind of language areas and a huge userbase and hold it kid friendly and tag game spoilers, ... all in all much more moderation then e.g. in facebook is needed) or games with lots of user-generated content and free post-release content e.g. a Mario Maker port/succesor.

Last edited by VitaType,

sup3rgh0st

Top Tier Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone with a Switch that isn't banned, I'm really looking forward to this. A dollar plus some change per month is a great deal for fair online play. Most people who will hack in Mario Kart and Splatoon are just children without credit cards; online play in the future will be great. If someone does cheat, it'll be one more hoop to jump through if they buy a new Switch.

The growing library of classic games is just a bonus to me.

D

Deleted User

Wow, this is just plain sad. Are they going to use NES roms, too? That would be great.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are WHINING about Nintendo charging for things....let's see here..$4/month or $20/year vs $10/month or $60/year for PS+/Xbox Gold. Retro games with enhanced online capabilities vs paying for a PlayStation Now streaming service not included with PS+ or rebuying PlayStation classics or rebuying Xbox/Xbox 360 games (unless you own the original disks)

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Atleast the price is much cheaper. I just hope they wont pocket all the money. I hope they put it in better servers instead, so if you buy it you atleast have a quality experience.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu