Kirby's Star Stacker, Quest for Camelot and two more titles arrive on Nintendo Switch Online today

NSO-Switch-Updates_09-05-23-768x432.jpg

The Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app got 4 new entries today for their members, with SNES game, one GBC game and two NES games available now on the service. The titles added include:
  • Kirby’s Star Stacker (SNES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Joy Mech Fight (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Quest for Camelot (GBC)
It's worth noting that out of the 4 titles dropping on NSO today, 3 of them were previously Japan exclusive titles that didn't get a western release until today, with the only title from the list released outside Japan being Quest for Camelot for the Game Boy Color.
As an added note, the 3 Japan exclusive titles seem to not count with any kind of translation on the service, so they are released with their original Japanese language.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
90% of these translations though were made 10+ years ago. Lot of them rather buggy. Also good luck contacting the creators of some of them lol. Lot of them were teams that were disbanded years ago. Also I don't know if that is a good look for Nintendo to use others work.
It is indeed such a great look for Nintendo to re-release old jap-only games worldwide without bothering to localize them.

Especially when fan-translations have existed for many years, on top of that. I never said they should steal the fan translation. As you pointed out, these games are not text-heavy so Nintendo could effortlessly localiaze them.

So what I'm saying is it makes them look lazy, cheap and amateur.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo i've only heard of one of them fucking games. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1
It morally okay to pirate Nintendo games (and that comes from someone who grew up with Nintendo)

Reactions: digipimp75

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pretty cheap bait comment, man.
I don't have a Nintendo console currently, but if I were to pay $20 a year for online play, I would be perfectly happy to try these freebies out.
Well, but if you don't read Japanese, I don't think they'd be in any way interesting?
I don't understand these decisions. Releasing a Japanese game without any localization? Where's the sense in that?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
just as i predicted look at all the fanboys rushing in to defend their master for this absolute fucking joke pile of shit releases the absolute worst YET. can't wait to see how they will top this probably release all JAP releases next week that no one will even be able to play :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
  • Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's right keep drip feeding that garbage nintendo i've only heard of one of them fucking games. oh look at all the fanboys behind me with their mouths wide open ready to eat it all up and defend your honor in 3..2..1
Dude, you literally made a flamebait comment, and then inserted a clause that anyone who disagrees with you is a defensive fanboy defending their honor.

That's LITERALLY like saying "Last one in the pool is gay!" and you're the only one who jumped in.

What a joke.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The three japanese games are interesting, but it seems like they are down bad. Quest for camelot on the other hand, maybe seem like a sign of things to come. Sometimes is less about the game's quality and the selection. Obtaining licenses that just maybe unexpected is where the interest is at this point. Rather than just releasing games people expected, wanted or "Should have been there already"

Says Quest for Camelot is made by Titus, but Published by nitnendo on the switch app. Wait, that company made super man 64? :blink:

Can we go back to visiting rare? Lots of rare games to put on switch. Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Get Force Gemini, Conker bad fur day.... No reason to stop at Banjo-Kazooie & Goldeneye :ninja:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deep cut to include quest of camelot, of literally anything else they could put in this collection, let alone a titus game. but hey i guess licenced games aren't out of possibility

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why every time there’s games added to switch online, people got to go and make it look like all switch online is for are games that use an emulator. Obviously like everyone on here uses retroarch. I don’t really care how often they add a few games as long as they let you play against anyone even if they are not on your friend list.Don’t recall when the last time I used switch online to play these games but if an actual friend is still needed on your friend list, that’s the main issue, not the game selection.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, but if you don't read Japanese, I don't think they'd be in any way interesting?
If the game is fun, it's worth playing.

I always enjoyed Battle Stadium D.O.N. even though it's in Japanese and I can't read it, but a Smash clone with Dragon Ball Z? Hell yeah.

That's a game Bandai should have given a HD Remaster and English translation. Licensing issues? They've published J-Stars and Jump Force so it's not much of an issue in that regard.

SunsetFelid

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sunsetfelid.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo Switch Online (NSO) app got new 4 entries today for their members, with SNES game, one GBC game and two NES games available now on the service. The titles added include:
  • Kirby’s Star Stacker (SNES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Joy Mech Fight (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day! (NES, previously a Japan exclusive title)
  • Quest for Camelot (GBC)
It's worth noting that out of the 4 titles dropping on NSO today, 3 of them were previously Japan exclusive titles that didn't get a western release until today, with the only title from the list released outside Japan being Quest for Camelot for the Game Boy Color.
As an added note, the 3 Japan exclusive titles seem to not count with any kind of translation on the service, so they are released with their original Japanese language.

Its cool that they're releasing Japan-exclusive games, I just wish they were ones I cared about.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
WHAT so they aren't even in English? nintendo has sunk to a new low! can't be fucked porting actual games people want oh quick just find some random ass games no one has ever heard of...what they aren't in English? who cares our loyal sheep fans won't care they will still love and worship us! :glare:
just as i predicted look at all the fanboys rushing in to defend their master for this absolute fucking joke pile of shit releases the absolute worst YET. can't wait to see how they will top this probably release all JAP releases next week that no one will even be able to play :lol:

You have genuinely become one of the unfunniest members on this entire website. I thought your constant DMCA jokes every time a Nintendo fan project is announced were already old and unfunny as fuck, and yet here you are. Now straight up just insulting others that disagree with you.

I agree that Nintendo's recent offerings (outside of the stuff they promised) is confusing, and also dumb, like seriously, Quest for Camelot? Did WBD ask Nintendo to add that because they need money because they're losing half a billion?
But I still feel like them bringing over Japanese-exclusive games is pretty neat, especially since these 3 are ones they haven't brought over yet. I agree that leaving them untranslated is lazy - but they've been doing this since the damn Wii era. This shouldn't be as much of a surprise as it is.
(though I guess this makes them look even lazier because they haven't bothered to translate these japanese games for almost 2 decades)

Calling anyone who thinks this is neat a 'loyal sheep fanboy' is fucking stupid, and get this, a toxic mindset.

And I'm saying this as someone who has pirated hundreds of Nintendo games (hell, I already have Kirby's Super Star Stacker and I probably plan to get Joy Mech Fight after this since I forgot it).

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quest for Camelot? Really? 🤔 I never saw the movie when it came out, but I did have the game. The game was confusing from what I remember (however it's been too long, so I might be able to figure some stuff out now), and IIRC the film was a box office failure. Still wouldn't mind watching the movie, though.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Calling anyone who thinks this is neat a 'loyal sheep fanboy' is fucking stupid, and get this, a toxic mindset.
I'm sorry but at this point this is just the plain truth. At some point you just need to face the facts.

You can be neutral about it, not care or think this is meh, but thinking Nintendo's current business practices of milking fans to death by lazily recycling their old catalogue over and over again is "neat", really is being a sheep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto